Have a water Lauren, Seriously - F&W Adults only Finished 3/8

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
Welcome Welcome!

This should be a quick trip report..... in number of updates not necessarily in how long it takes me to post said updates!

This trip is will just be me and DH!

Where we eat all the things, drink most of the things, and ride some rides.... when we found the time

Way back last winter DH and I were talking about getting APs after our August trip (trip report here still in progress), When i knew he was on board for the APs I needed to plan out all the trips i could take (PTR here), and i knew one had to be an adults only F&W trip!

Once i sold DH on the AP i started to plan this trip! Which involved getting my sister to come watch the girls, and find some dates that worked. I booked it as a surprise, but when i booked the flights he got the alerts from JetBlue with the flight info... so surprise over... But still exciting!

Overall a short trip, we left in the morning on a Tuesday and headed home on a Friday morning. This will be the most food pictures I ever share, and in typical me fashion i still only took pics of about half the food we ate. I may also have forgotten some of what we ate already.... so you know...

Anyway! Welcome and lets see how I do trying to work on two trip reports at once!​

Wooo! I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it!

This should be a quick trip report..... in number of updates not necessarily in how long it takes me to post said updates!

This is literally me lolol. Although I also seem to manage to do 9000 updates for each day too lol

Anyway! Welcome and lets see how I do trying to work on two trip reports at once!

Also same! We can do this !

Joining and looking forward to all the food pics popcorn::

Welcome! Don't be to disappointed i lack in comparison to other peoples food pics that for sure!

Joining! Love adult only trips :goodvibes

Welcome! I do too!!

Following along, can't wait to hear about all the food!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Two trip reports at once? Brave, Brave Girl :D

Yeah i have a feeling this may not work out to well for me haha! :rotfl2:

Joining in!

Joining along

Lets get arrival day squared away!

We hadn't both been away from the girls before at the same time except for one night 3 years ago. So, i am not going to lie, leading up to the trip i was starting to freak out a bit. I also made a slight miss calculation when i planned this trip. When i booked the trip i made sure it didn't overlap with any holidays or anything. However, i missed that this week was parent teacher conferences, and school was a half day Tuesday-Thursday, so my sister and her fiance had a bit more work to do... But she would survive, hopefully.... We also had to reschedule our conference, which was fine, but i still felt mom guilt for.

We did all the last minute things, dropping both kids off to school, packing, going over all the things with my sister and her fiance... you know survival was the goal here.

We had a 1130 flight headed to the airport around 9:30, we had TSA precheck which was great. Quick check in and got some drinks and food.

Drink 1 of the trip (I lose count VERY quickly don't worry)
I’ll just mention it again here terminal A at Newark airport sucks! The service was poor, and the food was not great either. But i didn't get yelled at this time, so i will take that as a win!

Anyway we were boarding right around 11, got on a brand new plane and had no one in the 3rd seat in our row! Today was off to a great start!

Flight was uneventful, My sister did text they picked up Dillon and sent some photos (we agreed there would be no facetiming, unless Dillon requested to avoid her getting unnecessarily upset) we landed right on time and headed to grab an Uber.

Had to throw one pic in of this cutie!

Not going to lie I was in need of coffee! It was about 230 and I hadn’t had a 2nd cup yet! But the Starbucks lines was really long and i really wanted to get a move on, so we skipped it and headed to the hotel.

We got in an Uber, very easy even if he did drive right by the pick up spot and hung up when we tried to call him... we quickly learned we are spoiled in our area, we did not have much lucky with Uber Drivers this trip!

We got to our home for the next 3 nights the Waldorf Astoria!

Pretending we are fancy!

I had Hilton points and had originally booked the DoubleTree at Disney Springs, but about 2 months out another trip got canceled, and we got our points back from that trip, so we were able to upgrade to the Waldorf for free, so why not!

About a week before the hotel emailed me and said they had an upgraded room, and asked if we wanted to pay for an upgrade, we passed. When we arrived they told us they had upgraded us to the balcony room, however it wasn’t ready. Then he said oh let’s see and moved us to a balcony one bedroom suite with a theme park view! We could see Epcot and Hollywood studios from the room! This was at no charge so i was pretty happy we had turned down the offer to pay for said upgrade.

We checked out our view, to which Rob says oh let’s go to the pool! Dude I know it’s 90, but i came here for some foods and drinks and parks, not a pool! Maybe another day, but not today. SO we decided to head to Epcot, food and wine here we come!! I sent a few quick emails and we were on our way.

Up Next I still need Coffee!

Last edited:
However, i missed that this week was parent teacher conferences, and school was a half day Tuesday-Thursday, so my sister and her fiance had a bit more work to do... But she would survive, hopefully.... We also had to reschedule our conference, which was fine, but i still felt mom guilt for.

Ugh I don't have kids but I feel like half days are the most annoying things ever. It's like you still gotta get the kids ready for school and then they're home in like 5 minutes after they leave lol

I’ll just mention it again here terminal A at Newark airport sucks! The service was poor, and the food was not great either.

Still agreed.

49149667666_bb5f90a8de.jpg

Ooo so pretty!

Then he said oh let’s see and moved us to a balcony one bedroom suite with a theme park view! We could see Epcot and Hollywood studios from the room! This was at no charge so i was pretty happy we had turned down the offer to pay for said upgrade.

Wow! Amazing!
Dude I know it’s 90, but i came here for some foods and drinks and parks, not a pool!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm sure it was hard to be away from the girls. We've generally taken one vacation a year without Casey since she was born, but strangely the older she has gotten the harder it is. Its now been almost 2 years since we've done one and I'm in need of some serious Waldorf Astoria aloneness. Can't wait to see how the rest of the day unfolds.

Nice use of points for a free 3 night stay there! Perfect for adults only :)

Ugh I don't have kids but I feel like half days are the most annoying things ever. It's like you still gotta get the kids ready for school and then they're home in like 5 minutes after they leave lol

Lucky for me my sister had to deal with it and not me! haha! But they do seem rather annoying :rotfl2: mom of the year right here!

I'm sure it was hard to be away from the girls. We've generally taken one vacation a year without Casey since she was born, but strangely the older she has gotten the harder it is. Its now been almost 2 years since we've done one and I'm in need of some serious Waldorf Astoria aloneness. Can't wait to see how the rest of the day unfolds.

It was 100% harder to leave Dillon then Maren! Im sure Maren was sad, but Dillon 100% got it and it did break my heart a bit.. But we all survived!

Nice use of points for a free 3 night stay there! Perfect for adults only :)

Agreed! Worked out really well!

Joining in!!

Welcome! Thanks for following along!

Aaw it’s always hard leaving kids behind.

Whoop on the upgrade and having a view of Epcot and DHS :thumbsup2

Hope you manage to get a coffee soon. I tend to not function without my caffeine fix!

What a beautiful view from your room!

It was! I made sure to enjoy it at least a little bit!

Aaw it’s always hard leaving kids behind.

Whoop on the upgrade and having a view of Epcot and DHS :thumbsup2

Hope you manage to get a coffee soon. I tend to not function without my caffeine fix!

Totally hard to leave them behind... but it was worth it

OH coffee coming up now!

We got to Epcot around 430, this Uber driver was new? or just didn't know what he was doing? But he took us to the employee lot and did some loops but we finally made it to Epcot! So far we are 0-2 on Uber drives this trip.

WE MADE IT!

I still had not had my coffee! We were going to head to Starbucks but there was a Joffrey's right at the entrance so we opted for that. It was good and hit the spot!

We headed in and I had to stop for some PP pics (we slacked on stopping for PP pics in August, so now my goal is to take a ton on the rest of these trips)!

I love a magic shot, I have to remember to ask for them more often!

We were on a mission now, and walked over to Figment, the goal was to get Dillon's missing pressed penny... but first we took a spin on Figment, we got off and found the pressed penny machine, all she said was it had Figment I only saw one with figment so I got it. I didn't recall it looking like this but whatever....turns out this pressed penny was not missing and she had the same one at home already! Luckily I love Figment and my kid so no harm done!

We had a 510 FP for Sorian it was not quite 5 yet, so we checked our flavors of fire. Where Rob got a reminder that he should always always listen to me!

He did zero research on F&W items, but he happened to see my watching an Instagram story a few days prior and saw the corn beef from this station so I suggested we split one. He then said he wanted his own. I said it’s better to split stuff then we can try more. He ordered 1, then at the last second said no make it 2. Well we sit down and he is like your right one would have been good.

But I did end up loving this so wasn't to disappointed we had two!

We headed to Sorian, a great ride as always. I did find it a bit strange, they weren't filling the 3rd row, but I am not sure why... Anyone?

We were over by active eats by 545, we got the loaded mac and cheese from active eats, and the crab cake from coastal eats. Rob also got the Mule beer here and I got the wine.

Pictures of wine, beer and crab cake missing.. here you thought I was off to such a great start with my food photos....

Either way it was all very good!

Up next World Showcase here we come!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!