Have account ready and open, but see no points what so ever?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I am now able to get into my DVC account and explore all the features, but I don't see any points loaded yet. I won't be getting any till 2018, but plan on borrowing some for this June. Is it just the fact that DVC hasn't loaded my points just yet?

Mine took over the weekend, and I already had a membership. So I saw the new contract on Friday, and didn't get points in my account until Monday, 72 hours later.

Mine took over the weekend, and I already had a membership. So I saw the new contract on Friday, and didn't get points in my account until Monday, 72 hours later.
Got the points today. Here is what I booked.

June 6th-7th- AKVs, Jambo, savanna studio
June 7th-9th- SSR, preferred studio
June 9th- one night cash reservation at the Beach Club

Got the points today. Here is what I booked.

June 6th-7th- AKVs, Jambo, savanna studio
June 7th-9th- SSR, preferred studio
June 9th- one night cash reservation at the Beach Club

Are you waitlisting June 7-9 so you won't have to move? If so, I'd waitlist the nights separately.

Are you waitlisting June 7-9 so you won't have to move? If so, I'd waitlist the nights separately.
I see what you are saying, but I do not think DVC will cancel one night of a booked reservation to complete a waitlist. I think the waitlist has to match the reservation you want cancelled to fulfill the waitlist.

I see what you are saying, but I do not think DVC will cancel one night of a booked reservation to complete a waitlist. I think the waitlist has to match the reservation you want cancelled to fulfill the waitlist.
I know for a fact it does not, because this is how I pieced together my stay at BLT recently. The waitlist for the 7th can match, and then (ideally) you link that to the night of the 6th, drop one night from the SSR reservation, and then wait for the night of the 8th.

I didn't wait list anything. I'm all booked. I'm confused here?
That's just a lot of moving for a short stay, so I was wondering if you were trying to get your first 3 nights at AKV instead of having to move. If that's not what you were trying to do, then never mind.

That's just a lot of moving for a short stay, so I was wondering if you were trying to get your first 3 nights at AKV instead of having to move. If that's not what you were trying to do, then never mind.
No, that is what I had intended. We have never done this before, so it will be different. Originally planned to do two nights at SSR and two nights at Beach Club. But I swapped one night at the Beach Club for one night at the AKL. Saved a lot of money and I will get a good feel of DVC studios at AKL and SSR. Most likely won't do it again, but I thought I would try it out with my first DVC stay.

Not sure if you have little kids, but we found that split stays at different resorts wasn't for us because it pretty much ate up a day in the move.

Not sure if you have little kids, but we found that split stays at different resorts wasn't for us because it pretty much ate up a day in the move.
No, have 13-year-olds. I'm sure we most likely won't attempt this again, but I am glad I will get to experience two different DVC units.

If they can carry their own luggage it will make it easier. Just don't pack to much food. We went overboard on the food and it took us twice as long to move it all. Good luck and Congratulations on the new contract!

If they can carry their own luggage it will make it easier. Just don't pack to much food. We went overboard on the food and it took us twice as long to move it all. Good luck and Congratulations on the new contract!
Thanks. Don't plan on taking really any food with this trip. Will also be packing with a different mindset this time.

Doesn't bell service handle the move of all luggage from one resort to another? Doing a split BCV/VGF and was planning to just pack the night before and then drop off at bell service and then head into the park. Am I underthinking this (which would be a first)?

Doesn't bell service handle the move of all luggage from one resort to another? Doing a split BCV/VGF and was planning to just pack the night before and then drop off at bell service and then head into the park. Am I underthinking this (which would be a first)?
We are going between Dolphin and BLT in a week. I will let you know how it goes. It doesn't seem too bad... yet. I may ask for a late checkout at the Dolphin just in case, since our little one still naps. But it may be a good day for a stroller nap, and mom and dad will just have to suffer through it.

Yes they can, but you still have to be in the room to hand it off to them, and then at the next resort you have to call and wait for them to drop it off. So I would say it takes about 2-3 hours out of your day to hand the luggage off to them. Or if you have a car you can handle it yourself. Like I said, we over packed (mostly food) and had 3 little ones who were not a lot of help, so that could have lead to our negative experience with the split stay. But I don't think we will do it again til at least our girls can pack and move their own luggage, if we ever do it again. We mostly did it because we wanted to check out 2 different resorts during 1 vacation. Good thing, because we took 1 of the resorts off our list that we wanted to own more points at.

Yes they can, but you still have to be in the room to hand it off to them, and then at the next resort you have to call and wait for them to drop it off. So I would say it takes about 2-3 hours out of your day to hand the luggage off to them. Or if you have a car you can handle it yourself. Like I said, we over packed (mostly food) and had 3 little ones who were not a lot of help, so that could have lead to our negative experience with the split stay. But I don't think we will do it again til at least our girls can pack and move their own luggage, if we ever do it again. We mostly did it because we wanted to check out 2 different resorts during 1 vacation. Good thing, because we took 1 of the resorts off our list that we wanted to own more points at.
That's exactly our reason for doing a split stay (see how compatible the different resorts are with our own travel habits), that and assess how hard split stays are.

When I spoke to MS, they said that when we take off to the park in the AM on our check-out day, we can drop off the bags at bell services and they will make sure it gets to our room at the second resort. Maybe the convenience of resort moves has changed? Or maybe they just oversold how easy it actually is in practice? Hoping for the former.

I'm not sure why you think it takes 2-3 hours.

I called bell services the morning of my move. They arrived in a few minutes and took my bags and food downstairs. At bell services I told them I was moving to BCV. They tagged everything and told me the transfer would take a few hours. Not a problem since I had a park day planned. Off I went. Took 15 minutes tops.

At the end of the day I went to my new resort and stopped by the check in desk to make sure all was well then went to my room. Called bell services for my stuff and was unpacking within 10 minutes.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to get a car and do it themselves when Disney will handle everything. Seems like an aggravating waste of my time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!