Have airline credit, Must travel: a mostly non-Disney park August 2019 adventure (11/29/19 update)

Hope everybody here had a lovely Thanksgiving. I know my Wednesday and Thursday were spent doing a lot of cooking, cleaning and prep work to host our dinner for 8 of us and it was a success. DH fried our turkey that I had injected with buttery goodness the day before...and it was delicious. We had more desserts than we knew what to do with and overall it was just a great day. It was nice seeing my dad again as I hadn't seen him since July. One of my requests for him when I knew he was coming into Maryland from his home in NC was to bring a box of photos that I know exists at his house. I described the box to him and yet...he showed up last night with something completely different. Thankfully I didn't really look through it completely until after he was gone and it was just me and my daughter...and we soon became blubbering messes.

First of all, many of them were framed photos of my mom and dad that used to be displayed on an entertainment unit at their house. Now I know already that my dad's new girlfriend was having a new entertainment unit built according to my brother. This was a clear indication that it's probably already there...and while I have a pretty good idea of the photos that were on it initially and know that at least my dad kept some of the photos of my brother and I that were there as well as our kids (his grandkids) I was a bit heartbroken to see most of the photos of my dad and mom in that box. It's a bit painful to know he isn't displaying those photos any longer. Also...in the box was his wedding album. I am trying to think either he didn't know that was in there or he thought he was doing a good thing by giving that to me...but again...well just sad. The thing that brought my daughter and I to tears though was a book my mom had created that had photos of my baby shower when I was pregnant with my oldest child...and some photos of when he was born. There were handwritten little notes on the pages there and I think that, at least for me, was difficult to read since in my mind and I could just hear my mom's voice as she wrote those. I don't know if that's also what got to my daughter, but soon after we were both crying together on the couch until DH walked in and was just mystified. See yesterday would have also been my mom's 73rd birthday...instead it was our 3rd Thanksgiving without her. Anyway there were other things that were given to my mom from my brother and his wife, books of photos of their kids (and still my dad's grandkids) that I know my mom treasured. I will have to see if my brother wants them back...and that just breaks my heart also. Hopefully my dad will be able to find the items that I did want eventually...and I will still keep many of these photos and frames just because I would hate for them to disappear.

Anyway...that was sad to relive here this morning...so let's move on to happier things shall we? I decided to peruse the list of Holiday Kitchen booths and items and EPCOT and I have quite a few things I want to try there...so I'm going to need about 4 or 5 more stomachs to accomplish this. Here they are though:

American Holiday Table

Beverages

Cocoa Candy Cane: American Heritage Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa with Peppermint Schnapps

Bavaria Holiday Kitchen

Food

Cheese Fondue in a bread bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes featuring Melissa’s Produce
Black Forest Roulade with Cherry Whipped Cream

Beverages

Possmann Pure Hard Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
Possmann Pure Hard Black Currant Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
Schöfferhofer Pomegranate Hefeweizen
Cider Flight

Feast of the Three Kings

Food

Queso Fresco-stuffed Arepa topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Aji and Tomato Sauce
Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco

Fife & Drum (The American Adventure)

Food

Holiday Apple Pie Sundae with Soft-serve Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Crunchy Streusel Topping

Holiday Sweets and Treats

Food Items

Peppermint Sundae: Chocolate Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Peppermint Candy – $4.99

Beverages

Hot Cocoa with Assorted Cordials (Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico Liqueur or Fireball Cinnamon Whisky)
Chocolate Peppermint Shake Featuring Twinings® Peppermint Cheer Tea and Whipped Cream Vodka

Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen

Beverages

Holiday Cider: Hard Apple Cider with Cinnamon-infused Tequila
Mexican Fruit Punch: Mezcal, Red Wine and Blackcurrant Liqueur infused with Star Anise, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger and Orange Peel (served warm)
Horchata Margarita: Tequila, Horchata Rum, Cinnamon Whisky and Agua de Horchata, served on the rocks

Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen

Food

Bouchée à la Reine Traditionnelle: Turkey and Mushrooms in a Veloute Cream Sauce served in a Light Puff Pastry
Bûche de Noël au Chocolat “Christmas Log”: Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache

Beverages

Frozen Hot Chocolate Martini: Grey Goose Vanilla Vodka and Chocolate Milk

Refreshment Outpost (Near Africa Outpost)

Food

Warm Caramel Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-serve Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce

Sapphire Holiday Kitchen (Morocco) Visit the Morocco Pavilion to enjoy traditional dishes and refreshing beverages.

Food

“Sfenj” – Warm Beignets with Cream, Cinnamon Sugar, Toasted Almonds and Chocolate Sauce

Beverages

The Andalusian “Poinsettia” Cocktail: Sparkling Wine, Orange Liqueur and Cranberry Juice topped with Orange Blossom Water

Shanghai Holiday Kitchen: Enjoy bao buns, egg rolls and more from this holiday kitchen in the China Pavilion.

Beverages

Firework: Jose Cuervo Tequila Gold, Vodka, Mango Syrup, Orange Juice and Soda Water
The Lucky Mo: Peach Schnapps, Peach Syrup, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice and Coconut Milk

Shi Wasu Holiday KitchenSavor delicious holiday dishes served up in the Japan Pavilion.

Food

Matcha Crème Brûlée: Creamy Green Tea Custard with a Caramelized Sugar Crust topped with Mochi, Red Bean Jam and Strawberry

Beverages

Tsubaki Whiskey Sour: Plum Wine with Whiskey, Cranberry Juice, Sugar and Lemon

Tuscany Holiday Kitchen Embark on a culinary adventure at this holiday kitchen in the Italy Pavilion.

Food

Bianca Neve: Italian Flatbread, Mozzarella and Parmesan
Crespelle di Mele: Cinnamon Apple Fritters and a Vanilla Sauce Drizzled with Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Bacio al Cioccolato: Warm Hazelnut Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone Cream

Beverages

Pinot Grigio, Santa Marina
Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila

Yukon Holiday Kitchen Mouthwatering Canadian favorites in the Canada Pavilion.

Food

Seared Salmon with Crown Maple Whisky Glaze, Parsnip Silk, Apple Chutney and Hazelnut Croquant
Canadian Wild Rice and Ham Soup with Almonds served with a Pretzel Roll
Maple Bûche de Noël: Maple Mousse rolled in Gingerbread Chiffon Cake with Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Crumble
Peppermint Pinwheel Cookie

Beverages

Frozen Coffee (non-alcoholic)
Unibroue Éphémère Strawberry and Rhubarb
Inniskillin Riesling Icewine
Inniskillin Pearl Vidal Icewine
Inniskillin Gold Oak Icewine
Ice Wine Flight
Frozen Coffee with Tap 357 Whisky

Joffrey’s Coffee Cart

• Future World East: Choco-Latte: Latte with Chocolate Sauce and Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
  • Canada: Ginger Chai Madness: Chai Latte with Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur and Gingerbread Syrup
  • Showcase Plaza: Coconut Snowstorm: Latte with RumChata and Coconut Syrup
  • The American Adventure: Toffee Coffee: Latte with Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur and Sea Salt Caramel Toffee Sauce

More Culinary Delights In addition to the holiday kitchens, select food and beverage locations will feature seasonal treats.

L’Artisan Des Glaces
Glace au Pain d’Epices: Gingerbread Ice Cream with Gingerbread Pieces (Kid-Approved)

Boulangerie Patisserie Les Halles

Bûche de Noël au Chocolate: Chocolate Christmas Log with Chocolate Mint Cream Mousse and Chocolate Crunch Biscuit (Kid-Approved)

UK Beer Cart
Mulled Cider: Strongbow Hard Apple Cider, Twinings Orange and Cinnamon Herbal Tea, Pimms No. 1 and Apple Juice with Star Anise (served warm)

UK Tea Caddy
Twinings Iced Christmas Toddy: Twinings Iced Christmas Tea with Honey (non-alcoholic)
Twinings Iced Christmas Toddy: Twinings Iced Christmas Tea with Honey & Drambuie

Now I'll be happy to just try a few of those listed for sure. I don't plan to get to all of them.

OMG! The food you want to try looks amazing!

I know right? Though honestly there are more drink options than food ones and no way I'll get to them all, I can only hope my travel companions will be equally interested in some of them and we can share. We've done that for Food and Wine before and it works out great.

Oh and I started a new TR for anyone who didn't notice...link in my sig!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter