Have any Canadians received emails regarding cancelled ADR's/FP's?

CJK

DIS Veteran
On other boards, a lot of people are receiving emails from Disney regarding the cancelling of ADR's and FP's. I wondered if any Canadians booked through 2020 have received an email? We haven't yet, and I wasn't sure if it was because of Canadian privacy laws or if they just haven't gotten to me yet. TIA!

I got an email because I had a couple dining reservations. I know from other places that others have too.

Reactions: CJK
Not Canadian but in Wales... and I haven’t received anything. Maybe they are doing it in alphabetical order?

I got an email because I had a couple dining reservations. I know from other places that others have too.
Thanks! I've got a hotel reservation, ADR's and AP's, and no email yet. Like @Welsh_Dragon said, maybe they're just working through all the reservations. What a week!!

Thanks! I've got a hotel reservation, ADR's and AP's, and no email yet. Like @Welsh_Dragon said, maybe they're just working through all the reservations. What a week!!

i had tickets that were from our March trip and a couple ADRs that I had booked in April when I thought maybe we could go in the fall.

Reactions: CJK
I only have a ticket attached to my profile right now, no reservations of any kind and this is the email I got in the middle of the night
Screenshot_20200529-100110_Email.jpg

also noticed my ticket is now showing as 3 day ticket that's valid for any 3 days up until Sept 26th 2021 and I can use it on any 3 days in that time period
Screenshot_20200529-100458_Disney World.jpg

I only have a ticket attached to my profile right now, no reservations of any kind and this is the email I got in the middle of the night
View attachment 497747

also noticed my ticket is now showing as 3 day ticket that's valid for any 3 days up until Sept 26th 2021 and I can use it on any 3 days in that time period
View attachment 497748

Interesting. So maybe it’s because we have separate tickets (not a package) that we got emails.

Interesting, I have a reservation for November in the system and Canadian discount tickets. I haven't received any email yet.

(received the email at 11:43am today). I think I'll keep the reservation (for now) to see what other changes are coming down the road. It's a room only (and I have no intention of going back this year) so I can cancel it last minute.

Last edited:
I got an email this morning cancelling our July 10 Villians After Hours, but nothing about the July 9-12 YC reservation, ADRs or FPs. And everything (including the VAH tickets) is still showing in MDE.

This is going to be a mess. Already have had 3 trips cancelled. We have 6 free dining reservations(3 trips). We have DVC points that have to be used somehow before the end of January and it is all paid for with Disney Gift Cards, lol. If I was a betting man I would expect we won't be going till next August when we either use our DVC points or hopefully a free dining reservation then. I don't think the border will open before September and then with self quarantine likely being in place we can't take the kids out of country and have them miss 3 or 4 weeks of school.....assuming there is school, lol.

I haven't received any e-mails and have separate booked tickets linked in MDE for September 5-13, plus a resort stay at ASM booked for the same dates, plus 3 dining reservations (tickets + Room only reservation). The expiry on my dated tickets hasn't changed either. All my reservations etc. are in MDE as I originally made them. I originally booked my stay in January, maybe they are going by booking date?

Honestly, I would like to receive an e-mail just so I know what next steps I need to take, what my options are etc. I would LOVE if they increased the expiry on my tickets, then I could cancel my booking and rebook for next year without worry.

I got the same email as above but it is strange , I have no reservations or tickets linked at the moment.

ETA: I do have a DVC reservation for next March booked. Maybe that is why.

Last edited:
just had a thought ... are the emails coming out alphabetically? My email starts with AN

just had a thought ... are the emails coming out alphabetically? My email starts with AN

No I’m a “W”. Maybe it’s based on the ticket dates. The upcoming ones get emails sooner? My tickets are dated July 29 — the trip was long ago cancelled by me. But the system may see those tickets as upcoming. Maybe those who had “flexible date” tickets or ones already cancelled and given open dates are getting the emails later?

No I’m a “W”. Maybe it’s based on the ticket dates. The upcoming ones get emails sooner? My tickets are dated July 29 — the trip was long ago cancelled by me. But the system may see those tickets as upcoming. Maybe those who had “flexible date” tickets or ones already cancelled and given open dates are getting the emails later?

Oh wait ... I was thinking last name. My email does start with an “A”. 😝

I have not yet received an email but have lost my FP+ options. My ADR's and CSR ressies are still showing. I'm waiting to cancel at the last minute. Since I have 2 rooms booked and with all the speculation about possibly moving current CSR guests elsewhere, I just want to see how that plays out. Our check in date is July 21. I have tickets that I bought in 2017 under the first Cdn discount offer that don't expire.

I have e an October 27th resort tickets and dining plan booked.
mall ADR’s are still showing on MDE
No email yet. 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!