Have been offered this Kauai exchange - is it ok?

Cinderella

DIS Veteran
Hi, I went on the waitlist last week to try to get Hawaii for my honeymoon, and they have offered me a one bedroom at the Cliffs Club at Princeville, Kauai. Is this a good trade? I would probably pay cash for my first week on another island. The dates i have been offered are August 26 to Sept 2nd. How is the weather then? I have until Thursday evening to decide!

Hi cinderelle,
Congrats on your wedding! and what a lovely place for a honeymoon.

I used to live in Hawaii, tho on Maui. AUgust Sept is summer weather, BUT Kauai, especially the north shore where Cliffs club is...is rainy, @ 460 inches a year. So it is great for rainbows and waterfalls BUT there is a lovely alternative: the island is small, so staying at the other end in sunny Poipu...leaves the north shore for lovely day trips, but Poipu for your best chance at sunshine.

If you go to any of the rental timeshare sites, you will find some possibilties to rent outright. And you can rent your DVC points for more than you can exchange them for IYKWIM....My suggestion would be the Embassy Suites Kauai...at Poipu next to the Hyatt. They are mostly 2 bedroom units but I have seen them rented for jsut the yearly maintenance fees=$880. Of course since you need a specific week, it may be higher. Summer however, is Hawaiis least expensive time period.

The Cliff's Club is very old, in Princeville and it overlooks a Cliff and might be adjacent to one of the golf courses. It isn't bad...but you could do much better if you rented your DVC points for cash and then found a condo or house for $$$$.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. I have always stayed in the Poipu area (great beaches and sun) and then 'visited' the Princeville and beyond area on a day trip 'adventure'. If you don't rent a timeshare, you could actually stay in Poipu for part of your trip and also in Princeville for part.

Again, congrats on your upcoming wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter