Have Gold Renewal Voucher, Probably Need Platinum Pass

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Just bought my Gold renewal a few days ago. Had procrastinated until I realized the 30 day FP window was approaching for our halloween season trip

Today, family asked us to do a visit the week of Easter. Will say, it’s never been on my radar.

I know you can make upgrades at any time to APs, keeping the same expiry date.

However, can I call in to upgrade to the Platinum pass or would it restricted to doing so in person?

Lastly, would I be paying the Platinum new or renewal rate?

If you were eligible for Gold Pass renewal, they should be able to upgrade you to a Platinum at the renewal rate. I don;t know if they'll do it over the phone, you may need to do it when you go to activate your gold pass, and then upgrade instead of activating. Remember that you'll need your Membership Card and an ID. You can call Member Services and ask whether you can do it over the phone.

Went for easter this past year and it was a lot less busy than I was expecting. We usually vacation in September when the parks are (for the most part) pretty quiet. Easter was not much busier.

Would be nice if not busy. Need to ck crowd calendar Family loved the various egg hunts last year (Coronado & Epcot).

Why not wait till you are there and need the upgrade? You can upgrade any time before your expiration. That way you keep your money instead of Disney.

Just tell the family no.
I could but life is short, hate to turn down time with family

Why not wait till you are there and need the upgrade? You can upgrade any time before your expiration. That way you keep your money instead of Disney.

Hmm had thought we’d need ‘matching’ FP. Didn’t cross my mind, we could upgrade when there/just wing it and let them use our last minute booked FP entitlements via our MBs.

Apparently the upgrade can be done on the telephone now. This is a recent addition, probably in the last four weeks or so. Call ticketing and explain what you want to do. That way you’ll have complete access for fast passes.

We might travel during a gold black out period next year. I’m reluctant to purchase a platinum pass until I’m sure we will need it. I called a while back to ask about this very thing. Nice to know you can upgrade in advance now on account of fast passes.

Apparently the upgrade can be done on the telephone now. This is a recent addition, probably in the last four weeks or so. Call ticketing and explain what you want to do. That way you’ll have complete access for fast passes.

We might travel during a gold black out period next year. I’m reluctant to purchase a platinum pass until I’m sure we will need it. I called a while back to ask about this very thing. Nice to know you can upgrade in advance now on account of fast passes.

So good to hear, thanks!

Will just stick with my gold renewal then & call in if we decide to do that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!