Have Hummingbirds made their way to you? Update 5/15/2013

9/14 may be our last visit. The nights are getting chilly. No sightings today or yesterday.

9/14 may be our last visit. The nights are getting chilly. No sightings today or yesterday.

You are, no doubt, right. My feeder has been active today but I spoke to my brother last night (he lives about 40 miles south of me in Glencoe, Ky) and he said his hummers were very late arriving this year but once they showed up, he was going thru 1-2 cups of sugar water a day with an average of 8-10 birds trying to feed at once; however, he noticed a significant drop in population last week and hadn't seen one Sunday at all. I only had 2 regular pairs this year so it's not as noticible for me and, like I mentioned, they've fed several times today already. I'm going to visit my brother Wednesday and am anxious to see if his northern orioles are still in residence. I love their goofy houses!! He lives on 100 acres and always has interesting wildlife. He's been known to call me to describe a bird to ask what it is----I have him convinced I'm an expert <g>....I'm NOT!!

You are, no doubt, right. My feeder has been active today but I spoke to my brother last night (he lives about 40 miles south of me in Glencoe, Ky) and he said his hummers were very late arriving this year but once they showed up, he was going thru 1-2 cups of sugar water a day with an average of 8-10 birds trying to feed at once; however, he noticed a significant drop in population last week and hadn't seen one Sunday at all. I only had 2 regular pairs this year so it's not as noticible for me and, like I mentioned, they've fed several times today already. I'm going to visit my brother Wednesday and am anxious to see if his northern orioles are still in residence. I love their goofy houses!! He lives on 100 acres and always has interesting wildlife. He's been known to call me to describe a bird to ask what it is----I have him convinced I'm an expert <g>....I'm NOT!!

Wow, thank you for the report! It is sad to say goodbye... I hope our visitors find your feeder as they head south!

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter