Have Hummingbirds made their way to you? Update 5/15/2013

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I got an e-mail from a friend who lives in Wisconsin and she's seen humminbirds already. We've had those cute visitors for the past 4-5 years, but they aren't here yet. Where are you? ... Have they arrived?

I'm in the SW corner of Ohio...and no, haven't seen any yet!

Bobbi:flower1:

:banana::banana::banana:

I live in central Missouri and we have had hummingbirds for about a month now.

Good for you! I just got an e-mail from a neighbor who just saw one at her feeder. I still haven't seen one at our yet.

We finally have a few coming around. I planted hummingbird flower mix last year and they seem to love the flowers:)

Guess they decided they would like to have some 105 degree heat!

They are late here.

Wow that is hot!! We had one show up on a very hot day (for us) and after he had flitted around for awhile stopped by the pond on a cool rock to rest for about 10 minutes. Of course I didn't have my camera with me but I got to watch him:)

I buried my first humming bird this morning. She may have bumped into a window, because in death, she had her wings stretched out. I was very sad, and hope she didn't have babies waiting for her.

Since then, I've seen two other females at my feeder and one was at a sunflower head. The head is just enormous compared to the little bird.

I decided to bump this up from last year. Yesterday I did make hummingbird food and will put a feeder out today. It's early, but I am hoping.

How about it? Are there any hummingbird sightings at your garden yet?

Bobbi:goodvibes

We are back from a 3 1/2 week vacation, road trip to see family and friends mostly.

We saw a hummingbird by our rented cabin in Pigeon Forge, but none by our Cape May home. Here, our hummingbird feeder broke when we were away, and we'll be buying a new feeder today!

DSis announced that she had a hummingbird visit her Toms River NJ feeder.

Any other sightings?:goodvibes

Hi, Bobbiwoz---thought I'd post here about our hummingbirds--or lack thereof this year. I've seen ONE at my feeder. I've kept it clean with fresh syrup (i make my own) and it's in the same spot as last year:confused3 I just don't know where they went!

OTOH, I have purple house finches galore! They must have decided that our trees are THE place to be. I've never seen this many in my yard before. I keep a shallow, large saucer of fresh water on my deck railing and they love to come sip and dip.

Hi, Bobbiwoz---thought I'd post here about our hummingbirds--or lack thereof this year. I've seen ONE at my feeder. I've kept it clean with fresh syrup (i make my own) and it's in the same spot as last year:confused3 I just don't know where they went!

OTOH, I have purple house finches galore! They must have decided that our trees are THE place to be. I've never seen this many in my yard before. I keep a shallow, large saucer of fresh water on my deck railing and they love to come sip and dip.

We make our own syrup too. Keep trying, they find their way to you soon! DH is on his way to buy a new feeder for us.

Thanks for posting your birding results!:goodvibes

Our purple coneflowers are thriving. They attract goldfinches once the seeds develop. I can't wait to see them.

I haven't been around to see what's feeding at our feeder, will keep an eye out and post!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hummingbirds are definitely here. I think I noticed one feeding a youngster this afternoon. Last evening 3 were fighting over a particular flower.

Yeah for hummingbird sightings!:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!