Have "hungry" kids, will travel, Food Report - Days 1 and 2

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
Day one - Epcot
Breakfast - breakfast bars in the van on the way to check into our resorts.

Lunch @ Sunshine Food Fair at The Land
DH - Baked potato w/ cheese and bacon, came with side salad and chocolate chip cookie. Had an OJ with it. Liked it very much. Said cucumbers in salad were the best he ever had. (Grown right there!)

Me - BBQ Ribs and chicken meal, included cole slaw and small corn on the cob (1/3 ear, maybe?) I think it was like a breast quarter and 1 lg. strip of rib. Sauce on the side (little containers).
Got an extra corn and some french fries and shared with 4 yo, 2 yo, and 10 mo. old. I was hungry, so it tasted very good, but I felt very sick on it later and had much better food elsewhere.
Got a large sprite, wished I would have gotten a juice or stuck with my water. Preschoolers split a larger bottle of chocolate milk, for which the server gladly gave me extra cups. Make sure you ask for stuff like that if you need it.

DD 9- Mickey roni w/ Marinara sauce, bread stick and small carton of choclate milk. DS 7, same meal with cheese sauce.

Total cost for all of us, under $30. Lots of choices there, but you have to get in different lines for each.

Snack - 4 Mickey bars and 2 bags of cinnamon roasted almonds.
Should have waited on the ice cream til a nicer day. Was POURING that afternoon. Ended up throwing away part of three of the bars. Too messy. Sigh. Cost = around $15
Supper - Homemade Chili back at the cabin.

Day 2 - MGM
Breakfast - Bagels and Cereal brought from home, milk purchased at Meadowlands trading post (2.99 for a 1/2 gal.)

Lunch @ Backlot Express
DH - Dbl cheesburger meal w/ fries, also a lg. diet coke - said it was good
Me - cheeseburger meal w/ carrots, bottled water from home - I thought the burger was VERY good. The carrots were a nice change from fries.
DS 7 and DS 2 - split a hotdog (they are HUGE! 1/4 lb.) and fries and shared carrots from another meal, and shared a frozen blue raspberry
DD 9 and DD 10 mo. - shared Chicken strips and fries
Frz. coke shared with DS4
DS4 - Hotdog (no bun, wheat allergy) and carrots (shared them with the others and got fries in return).
Awesome meal, portions very large, but our most expensive counter service, but I guess still not too bad for 7 people. Cost = $40

Supper - On the way to Fantasmic, we stopped at the fruit stand and got a fruit salad, a box of fresh strawberries, 2 lg. soft pretzels, and 4 bottles of juice and a chocolate milk and shared with each other.
Needed something wheat free for ds and went to get some McDonald's Fries at the nearby stand, but the line DID NOT move in the 5 minutes I was there. I mean, they only make fries, what's the problem!?!
Thankfully I had a safe snack for him in my bag, but he was dissapointed.
I think this snack/meal was under $20.

Thanks for the dining report. I enjoy hearing how and what other families eat at WDW:D
You must have been at Epcot the same day I was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter