Have they done away with Wilderness Homes?

princessariel

<font color=CC33CC>I dress my feet by putting on s
I know there are still Wilderness Cabins but The Wilderness Homes are not listed in the 2002 Birnbaum Book. We just got back from WDW (stayed at AKL this time) on Sunday and on the way home started thinkng about our next trip. If we go with DD's family there will be 6 of us and we can stay in a cabin ok. But I was just wondering if the Homes have been removed or what.

The change over from homes to cabins was completed in Feb. 2001. No more homes after Feb. 2001, only cabins. Cabins appear to have a better layout, hence they seem roomier, and have a deck. I prefer the cabins myself.

Thanks for answering my question! The cabins look roomy enough for us.

The cabins are plenty roomy for up to six. The ceilings in the kitchen and living area are vaulted, the homes weren't, and they did away with the wall/divider between the kitchen and living area. They swapped the location of the kitchen and living area too. All this mixes well and makes the cabin feel more open and roomier than the old homes.

Have Fun !

I saw the new cabins two weeks ago when I stayed at FW. A good number of the new ones have ramps now.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter