Have Toilets, Will Travel

Serena

<font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>
Church Gives New Meaning To Pay Toilets
Have Toilets, Will Travel
Posted: 2:36 p.m. EDT July 26, 2002

MANLY, Iowa -- An Iowa church has been flush with cash since it launched its "Have Toilets, Will Travel" campaign.

Parishioners at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Manly -- population 1,300 -- pay $10 to have one of three brightly-painted portable toilets placed in someone's front yard.

The porta-potty, in neon yellow, pink or orange, remains until the recipient pays $10 to have it taken away. For another $10, they can make sure it doesn't come back.

The Rev. Daniel Kucera, who moonlights as minister of potty placement, says he's raised $1,700 so far -- including $80 from folks who said, "Don't give it to me."

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press.

Now wouldn't this be an awesome fundraiser? Here's $100, Don't bring it to my yard!
:rolleyes: :p

I'd be very embarrassed when the other board members in our Homeowners Association tried to take on the local church. :D Since we're not allowed to have swings that you can see from the street, I don't think they'd stand for potties.

LOL, Kermit, I wonder how much they'd pay to keep the toilets out of the area. :D

:teeth:

TP5.gif

ahh this is hilarious!! im with Amy though.. is this legal?? I know i would NOT want a port-o-potty sitting in my yard!

Heh. That reminds me of a joke I used to tell:
I used to say that I used to work as a stripper. The person would be shocked, knowing my beliefs or simply that I didn't have the physique for that sort of work. I would add that I made a ton of cash & the management loved me. I would explain that right before I went on they would lock the exits. I come out & start stripping & people would have to pay to leave! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!