Have U Ever Rented From Walker Mobility - Orlando Fl ??

jodohoe

Earning My Ears
If so, I'd appreciate all your feedback.
I'm considering renting from them for my 5 day trip to WDW and I want customer experiences in renting an ECV from them.

I've rented from Walker's 9 times since 1999. I found their scooters clean and reliable. It is waiting for me at bell services and that is where I drop it off on my depature day. Walker's charges your CC the day before you arrive regardless when you make your reservation.
Once when I did have a problem they quickly delivered another scooter to my resort but would have met me at a park if I wanted.
I recommend them based on my experiences. :moped:

The companies listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this board are all ones that DIS posters have reported good experiences with many times.
The companies most often mentioned by DIS posters are Walker, CARE and Randy's (in no particular order). I think you would be happy with any of them. They all pick up deliver to your resort. Randy's requires you to be there for pick up and delivery (positives to that are that the price is lower, you can see the ecv and ask any questions/get directions when it is delivered). Care and Walker do not require you to be there (positive to that is that you can arrange for the ecv to be delivered before you arrive and can get going right away).

I had used Walker for all my trips since about 1998. I only once had a problem when I was going to Concourse Steakhouse for dinner and then into MK. I left the scooter with the valet parking at Contmenorary, and by the time we had completed dinner a replacement was there.

When I moved down here I talked to John Walker and he sold me a used ECV (with brand new batteries and seat) for $1,200, which is way below half price for that model and I have not had problems (except for a flat tire about eight months ago).

I have rented from Walker for almost three years now - about seven times. The scooter usually arrives at the resort about the same time I do. At All Stars the scooter was with bell services. At OKW the scooter is off to the side in the lobby area, & I just have to ask at the front desk for the key. I return it to the same spot & leave the key with the front desk. I have never had a problem with this.

I call the toll free number to make my reservation. Once in awhile I have to leave a message, but they have returned my call within minutes. The scooters have been in good shape. One time a tire was low on air & the area at the Studios where you can rent ECVs let my husband use their air pump to put air in the tire.

I have no problem using Walker again & again!

I have used Walker twice now and had excellent experiences both times. My last trip I definitely appreciated the plastic shower caps provided to shield the controls as it rained a fair amount of time and I got around fine.

Have a great trip!
Mike :goodvibes

I, too, have been very pleased with Walker. They are efficient, friendly, and give good service. :moped:

I've used Walker, but I've started using another company that had better rates and was family-owned. They also had newer equipment. Walker was fine, but I was equally satisfied with a competitor - more, really, since they charged me less.

travelitis said:
I've used Walker, but I've started using another company that had better rates and was family-owned. They also had newer equipment. Walker was fine, but I was equally satisfied with a competitor - more, really, since they charged me less.

Are you willing to share this info :)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter