Have you been to Egypt?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I'm fascinated by Egypt, but have NO IDEA where to start planning. Any suggestions? I am leaning towards a package, but don't even know how to start looking. Can anyone help?

It's on my short list, and I can't wait until I can finally go! I'm not usually a "tour" person, and I don't generally care for cruises, but we did do a river cruise in Europe once that was wonderful. I'm not sure about posting non- advertising entities here, so PM me if you want the name. Anyway - the river cruise impressed us so much that we have seriously begun considering their other itineraries and one of them is in Egypt.

Yes, one of the things I want to do.
I looked at Viking River cruises and that would be what I would and may still do, but we are opting for Russia first.

Not yet, but its one of the 3 places on my bucket list that I would love to see. I have always been fascinated with Egyptian history and culture

I can't cruise because it makes me motion sick (I know... but it does, even with multiple medications). I don't know how to plan to travel in that area of the world. Should I contact a travel agency? Search online? I'm hoping that because summer is the only time we can travel and Eqypt is desert, maybe it'll be more affordable? I dunno... but I"d love to go!

I wish I could help you. My parents have been to Egypt 12 times. Obviously they loved it, plus my father was a Travel Agent so he got great rates. But sadly Dad died over 6 years ago, and Mom's 87. Their traveling was in the 90s, but it sounds like people would love it.

I am looking at going to the Ukraine and I am planning to find a packaged tour that includes the hotel, site seeing, and breakfast. If I were planning a trip to Egypt I would look for something similar. I would start with Trip Advisor and look for highly rated tour companies there.

Even if you don't want an organized tour you can use the tour company itinerary to figure out what is popular to see, what can been seen in the same day, and what order to see things.

Been to Dahab in the Sinai in 1988.Went through Israel.If you snorkel or scuba,it's heaven on earth.

Adventures by Disney just added Egypt and I think the starting price was $7500/pp. I just checked and all trips are waitlist only so no pricing is listed. But, by checking the ABD itinerary it might give you a good idea on places to see and stay.
We have often taken an ABD itinerary and DIY'd it, using their info as a reference. Especially hotels in areas we are unsure of. Figured if it was OK for ABD, it'd be good for us.

We went nine years ago. We did private day tours through a company called Casual Cairo Detours. Sadly, they are no longer in business! I found them through the Forums on trip Advisor. Go read there and see what you find. We booked our own flights, hotels, etc. Having private guides was really, really great.

I went a few years ago with a tour group and it was great. We flew into Cairo, took a sleeper train to Aswan and then did a cruise on the Nile back to Cairo, stopping along at the various historical sites. We even got to visit Alexandria for a bit. The tour group isn't around though but I will recommend another tour group whom I did an Europe trip with which is Trafalgar Tours.

I know that tours aren't always everyone's thing, my dad was super against them for years. Now he's a big fan (with Trafalgar being his fav) as long as he gets to see the itinerary ahead of time.

I'm fascinated by Egypt, but have NO IDEA where to start planning. Any suggestions? I am leaning towards a package, but don't even know how to start looking. Can anyone help?

Yes I have. And my guide was one of the best ever. Feel free to PM me and I can give you his contact info and some other trip details.

A lot of people combine Jordan on the trip in order to see Petra.

A good friend just went in December for a short (maybe 5 day) trip and had a great time.

Never been there in person, but I went 'SOARIN over the pyramids less than 24 hours ago, lol!!

I can't cruise because it makes me motion sick (I know... but it does, even with multiple medications).

Did you get sick during a river or ocean cruise? I didn't feel so great during an ocean cruise, even with medication, but people say motion sickness is less likely during a river cruise.

Spoiler alert. The Sphinx overlooks a Pizza Hut. And ironically viewing the Pyramids of Giza from the Pizza Hut is probably better than going to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter