Have you done or would you consider doing Disney after hours solo?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I have done a few solo trips and I am fine alone but I would like to know would any of you do Disney after hours at any of the parks. A few years on a solo trip in February, it had rained earlier in the evening and it was a bit cold. Well around 8 pm I got bored and saw it wasn't raining anymore. So I went to MK. Around 9 or so I noticed in some of the lands I was all by myself literally. It was weird and eerie. There were a few cast members and yes I eventually found myself by thunder mountain and rode it 3 times with maybe 5 people but still I cant get that thought out of mind my head, that why I ask this question. I am fine by myself don't get scared easily but that night was weird. I hope to get some feedback on this question.

I absolutely would, but my choice would probably be Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom, followed by MK. I don't see much point to the Hollywood Studios option right now. Plus, you would know that there are fewer people in the park, so you would be more prepared.

I definitely would, of course I’m a guy so I tend not to worry about wandering the dark by my own no matter where I am.

I went back one night after a big rain storm when my entire family stayed at the hotel to dry off. I got on a few rides really quickly and was also able to do some really cool photos with my phone.

Attachments

• 8C5E16D4-C9B7-459F-9678-05FDB0AA4A82.jpeg
    8C5E16D4-C9B7-459F-9678-05FDB0AA4A82.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 20
I am fine by myself don't get scared easily but that night was weird. I hope to get some feedback on this question.
I've experienced exactly what you did; cold and rain in the early evening in Feb. so people leave. I watched Country Bears in a theater all by myself. Big Thunder in the rain! I was the only person on the People Mover. It didn't feel weird to me - I loved it!

If being in a park with very few people feels weird to you then the After Hours isn't right for you. However, After Hours isn't quite that empty. If you are a person who is comfortable trying something new (I am) then I'd say give it a try. If trying something new makes you uncomfortable then don't spend the money or the time.

I did the MK DAH on a solo trip in November. I am not exaggerating when I say I consider it the best use of my money ever.

I understand this was a particularly light crowd (11/26) and the park was all but empty: there were five of us in the Haunted Mansion preshow, I had a jungle cruise boat to myself, and I’m pretty sure at one point I was the only person on the Speedway course.

I’m not sure how I would describe the atmosphere. Maybe eerie. However, it was an experience I’ll never forget and so, so worth it. I’d say go for it.

I've experienced exactly what you did; cold and rain in the early evening in Feb. so people leave. I watched Country Bears in a theater all by myself. Big Thunder in the rain! I was the only person on the People Mover. It didn't feel weird to me - I loved it!

If being in a park with very few people feels weird to you then the After Hours isn't right for you. However, After Hours isn't quite that empty. If you are a person who is comfortable trying something new (I am) then I'd say give it a try. If trying something new makes you uncomfortable then don't spend the money or the time.
I love trying new experiences especially at Disney. I did some things outside of my comfort zone. I did the scuba diving tour at epcot and even did horse back riding at fort wilderness which was my 1st time ever riding a horse. I think you gave me the answer I was looking for and I want to try this. It sounds like a lot of fun, now all I have to figure out if this is better to do on my arrival day and or next to last day I am leaving. Thank you again and happy holidays.

I have the AK and MK ones booked for my solo February trip. I really want to spend my days at a relaxed pace and spend time in DS, so I figured this was a good way of getting a lot done!

I've got DAH at MK booked for 1/7. Very excited! It's never actually occurred to me that I might not be safe as a solo female traveler inside a WDW park, even at night.

Doing this at AK and HS January 31/ February 2. Can’t wait!

I did the MK Disney After Hours solo last January. Loved it! Yes, I found it a little eerie once or twice myself, but it was such a cool experience. I would not hesitate to recommended doing it.

In fact, I just did something that might seem a little crazy, but promises to be a lot of fun. My second solo trip is coming up in about 2 and a half weeks. I'll be at Disney Jan. 15 through Jan. 21, and I just booked all 3 Disney After Hours events for the trip. AK on the 16th, MK on the 17th, and HS on the 19th. I was a little iffy on the Studios, but I just finished watching the DIS Unplugged video and booked it.

I've got DAH-HS booked for a solo trip in Feb! Can't wait to ride tower of terror over and over again. :) I did DAH-MK with my husband last September and while it was empty, we were never completely alone, so I don't know that I would feel uncomfortable or unsafe. But, who knows :)

I just booked one for AK for February a few days ago. I have considered adding another, but I haven't decided which park. Those who have done one now, let me know which was best!

I just booked one for MK on April 11th, I wanted AK for Pandora but it ends on April 3rd. My only concern is staying awake until 1 am, lol.

I'll be there for a solo trip the first week of February, and I'll do the trifecta! AK Wednesday 6th, MK Thrusday 7th, and HS Saturday 8th!

I did the MK one with a friend and would do another. Its worth it. Im headed down there solo in a few months and hoping they have After Hours during my stay so I can go. I get the eerie thing though. I wandered of alone in MK during emh because my friend didnt want to wait in line for Mine Train. So after I rode it I ended up walking alone to frontierland to ride big thunder and it was a bit spooky. It was really cold so it was empty.

The only after hours I would not do alone is AK. An empty AK at night would scare me.

I’ll be attending the DHS after hours event on 3/2. Not only will this be my first solo after hours event but it will be my first solo Disney experience ever (it is the first thing I’m doing on my short solo trip in March). I feel no qualms about it. I’ll have minimal to no waits for rides that can typically have lengthy waits and I know I’m just as safe as I would be during regular park hours.

I'm considering a 1/28 AH on my first solo trip. It would be my fourth After Hours at MK. I always really enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!