Have you eaten at the Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen lately??

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
So...we have not eaten at the Skipper Canteen ever but I have booked a lunch for DH and I for our upcoming Oct trip and I have a few questions about the menu...

1. Is the "Tastes like Chicken" Because it is!" - boneless or bone in chicken and dark or white meat??

2. I know they are known for their whole fried fish, but is this fish dish that fried whole fish or a different fish dish.... "Sustainable Fish* "Not Piranha," served on a Cassava Cake with Wilted Greens and a Guava-Habanero Sauce"..

THANKS!!!

Chicken is bone-in. I believe it is a breast.

I don't do fish, so no help there.

I LOVE this restaurant. One of the very best inside the parks! Love the fish. I am an adventurous eater anyway, but this is done to perfection and the servers are terrific. See if Kelly is working. She's very good. But so many others are too.

Attachments

• IMG_3687.JPG
    IMG_3687.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 75

Thanks for asking this question....

DH and I have wondered about eating here... we have not really heard much to make us want to check it out... I do think that we are going to have to try it for ourselves, for sure...

Ate there before coming home in March. Had the seafood stew which was really good but i don't see it on the menu anymore :(

The "Not Piranha" is a different fish each time you order and no, is not the whole fried fish. I've had the "Not Piranha" and it was really yummy, but then again, I also love fish! I believe it was a type of bass when I ate it, FYI.

Love skippers restaurant if you can walk around and look at all interesting artifacts.
I loved the Perkins Thai Noodles just a little spicy and the sustainable fish was just the catch of the day. My wife had the Tastes like chicken and loved it. We’ll definitely go back again!

We also love the food there and atmosphere ...but according to the menu they did away with the steak salad it was called "A lot of steak" salad it was very good and big! Hopefully they will bring it back.
It was one of my favorite items. It was called "A Lot At Steak Salad", which I thought was a good pun.

We tried Skipper Canteen for the 1st time last week and it was the worst sit down meal we have ever eaten at WDW. My chicken was completely inedible and my husband’s steak was covered with a salty sauce. He scraped the sauce off of his steak and was able to eat it. I returned my chicken and left hungry. The chicken was just a dried out breast with with an overly reduced salty dark sauce on it. I‘ve seen so many positive reviews I was completely shocked by the quality and taste of the food.

We tried Skipper Canteen for the 1st time last week and it was the worst sit down meal we have ever eaten at WDW. My chicken was completely inedible and my husband’s steak was covered with a salty sauce. He scraped the sauce off of his steak and was able to eat it. I returned my chicken and left hungry. The chicken was just a dried out breast with with an overly reduced salty dark sauce on it. I‘ve seen so many positive reviews I was completely shocked by the quality and taste of the food.
We have it booked for sept 28th and I am getting worried with cut backs on menu items and quality if we would be better off grabbing cosmic rays!

Love skippers restaurant if you can walk around and look at all interesting artifacts.
Agreed!! If you can, walk over and look at the bookshelves. Look closely—you’ll see some titles you recognize and some more amusing ones!

Also, not sure if the curry vegetable stew is still on the menu, but it was delicious and they would add chicken on request.

We have it booked for sept 28th and I am getting worried with cut backs on menu items and quality if we would be better off grabbing cosmic rays!

I wouldn't let one bad review change my mind...

OP we loved it! What I had isn't on menu right now due to pandemic I assume, but he had the chicken and enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter