Have you ever banned someone from your house?

Yep, my 17 year old daughters last two boyfriends are now banned from my house since she wised up and dumped them. Not letting either one of those boneheads back in again!

Twice, once was a friend of my sons when they were in 6th grade. I observed him engaging in some activities that were less than desirable to say the least.

The second was my sons ex girlfriend.

I stand by both of those decisions wholeheartedly.

Dogs are banned at our house. No one in DH's family pays this rule any attention and we refuse the dogs at the door. I don't care if they have to drive an hour round trip, they can't force their bleeding dogs on us. I'm allergic and all the dogs are so ill-behaved and jumping/humping the kids; ugh, it's super annoying.

Never had to ban someone from my house, but I'd call the cops straight away if my ex showed up here.

Dogs are banned at our house. No one in DH's family pays this rule any attention and we refuse the dogs at the door. I don't care if they have to drive an hour round trip, they can't force their bleeding dogs on us. I'm allergic and all the dogs are so ill-behaved and jumping/humping the kids; ugh, it's super annoying.

Never had to ban someone from my house, but I'd call the cops straight away if my ex showed up here.

People and their dogs sometimes.... I actually love dogs and am very animal friendly, however I do not let people bring them in my house because my cat is not! She lives here too and I won't subject her to nonsense in her own environment. She's never met a person she doesn't like, but she does not really get along with other animals - so that's the deal. People should at least ask if they can bring a pet to someones house. Knowing you are allergic, I would assume it is a no-go anyway.

People and their dogs sometimes.... I actually love dogs and am very animal friendly, however I do not let people bring them in my house because my cat is not! She lives here too and I won't subject her to nonsense in her own environment. She's never met a person she doesn't like, but she does not really get along with other animals - so that's the deal. People should at least ask if they can bring a pet to someones house. Knowing you are allergic, I would assume it is a no-go anyway.

Oh, goodness, yes! I totally forgot about the poor cat being traumatized. I love animals, but I'm really not about dogs. I think because being around them in a closed space (my ex had one and the dog could get into the garage anytime, but not the house) always made me so miserable. No one wants the bloodshot, teary eyes and shouldn't have to suffer in their own home. And yes, they knew all know we're a dog free house, but they think I'll get over it. I haven't since childhood, so probably not...and my god, the kids HATE the dogs when we go to their houses. I dose up with meds (and then I'm all weird, medicine headed) and step out often when we visit. We go to their places much more in the summer because we can all be outside.

Yes. There is one neighborhood girl that I will not allow in the house anymore. She is wild, doesn’t listen, broke my daughter’s bed, and made inappropriate comments to my husband. I don’t single her out though. If she’s not out, they come in sometimes, if she is everyone stays out of the house. I’d prefer them not to play with her at all, but she’s part of a larger group of kids who have all played together since kindergarten so we’re kind of stuck...

Yes. There is one neighborhood girl that I will not allow in the house anymore. She is wild, doesn’t listen, broke my daughter’s bed, and made inappropriate comments to my husband. I don’t single her out though. If she’s not out, they come in sometimes, if she is everyone stays out of the house. I’d prefer them not to play with her at all, but she’s part of a larger group of kids who have all played together since kindergarten so we’re kind of stuck...

She broke a bed? Lord!

Yeah. Banned one of my kid's teammates 2 years ago because she was guaranteed to make a disastrous mess of my house every time she set foot inside. (She was obsessed with slime at the time, and talked my kid into making it every time my back was turned. She cost me two plumbing bills after dumping glue into my bathroom sink without running water after it.) Oddly, she was very good-natured about being banned, and after about 6 months I lifted the ban on her, but NOT on slime-making. She's still immature for her age, but my own kid is better at resisting the temptation to follow her into mischief.

One of DS #2's friends
One of DD #2's boyfriends

And dogs in the house. If people bring their dogs they're welcome to stay out on the deck with shade and water, but not in the house. We don't have pets for a reason and I don't need to entertain someone else's.

My husband's father. Not for anything in particular that he has done in our house, but for his general attitude that once he walks into one of his kid's houses, he's in charge. As in - "I'm the head of the household, you do what I say." Nope, not in the house that WE pay for.

He's done other things as well, but that's gotten him kicked out of both of his children's homes and not welcome to come back.

A couple of DS's friends have gotten banned, though to his credit, I never had to do it myself. He has his lines and if friends cross them, they're no longer allowed in what we affectionately call the "dungeon" (which is kind of the hang-out space for his group, since he's turned one room of our unfinished basement into a teenage-man cave/gaming space). One came over with a girlfriend who had apparently run away from home, which ended up with the police at our door looking for them. DS has ZERO patience for that kind of nonsense, so that friend is no longer welcome and has kind of drifted to the fringe of their group. Another got banished for using something that offended DS. I don't know what - I know some of his friends smoke pot, which is legal in our state now, and he doesn't mind - but I do know there are certain drugs that DS considers a deal-breaker when it comes to friendship (esp. heroin - my brother, DS's favorite uncle, died of an overdose and DS isn't interested in watching friends do the same).

Older DD's friends are all so much like her - type A overachievers, student athletes, no time to party - that it has never come up. And younger DD's friends are still too little to seriously offend me. After raising the older two to adulthood (or near enough - DD will be 18 in Aug.), the stuff that 10yos get into trouble for seems so trivial. :rotfl:

Dogs are an absolute ban, though. Not because I don't like them - I do, very much - but because we have an anxious border collie/shepherd that we've had less than a year, and we're still working on socializing her. She gets along with other dogs at the dog park and on walks, but another dog in her space makes her very defensive to the point of aggression. Especially if DD10, "her person", is around. So dogs are not welcome as visitors at all, not in the house and not in the yard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!