Have you ever banned someone from your house?

Yes. There is one neighborhood girl that I will not allow in the house anymore. She is wild, doesn’t listen, broke my daughter’s bed, and made inappropriate comments to my husband. I don’t single her out though. If she’s not out, they come in sometimes, if she is everyone stays out of the house. I’d prefer them not to play with her at all, but she’s part of a larger group of kids who have all played together since kindergarten so we’re kind of stuck...
I have a situation like that also. Luckily these kids are older now so the dynamics have changed. But this kid was wild. She would jump on furniture, dig in my refrigerator non stop. We have a computer lab that the kids use and she was always trying to download stuff on to it. I was friends with her mom so I didn't want to say anything. I didn't ban her, but I did definitely stop inviting. It was just too much to deal with.

That’s crazy that people show up with their animals. Anyone showed up at my door with their pet in tow I’d send them packing. I say this as an animal lover.

I didn’t ban my mother but I did ask her to stop showing up at my door unannounced. So she just quit coming by altogether.

We invited a guy and his wife that DH worked with for dinner one night and then they started showing up at my door nightly. This went on for about two weeks before I told DH to ask them to call first. They also quit coming by at all.

FIL isn’t technically banned but I doubt I’d let him in. I’d invite him to sit on the porch and wait for DH to get home. DH for sure wouldn’t let him in.

A friend who was a drug addict.

The neighbor girl who was a terror.

When DS was 10-11, he had a friend down the street who was a girl. We had a "policy" that when the kids' friends were over, they were ours, so we would take the kids out to dinner, on shopping trips, etc. with us. One time, this girl was with us and she was just chatting in the back seat of the car. She said her mother told her to "get everything you can out of guys as long as you can." Seriously -- the girl couldn't have been 11 (divorced parents--shocker).

It was at that point when we got home that I had to tell DS about being a guy in the world and that he was NEVER to be alone with her, and that she wasn't welcome in our home any more. He wasn't that chuffed, though.

When Dd was in 2nd grade or so, the mom of a classmate we’d known since Kindergarten asked if I could take her child home and watch her for a few hours because mom had to work late and the sitter was sick. I’d only seen the child at school and she was fine there, so I said yes.

Big mistake. She kept taking off her seatbelt, I stopped the car and threatened to call her mom or the police on her, but promised I wasn’t driving until she was buckled. DD assured her I was serious and not bluffing, so she finally complied.

We got home and she literally started running amok. I wasn’t used to a wild child. She kept going into my bedroom. MY bedroom. I told her she needed to stay out, because there was nothing for her in there. Upstairs, there was DD’s room and a huge game room with lots of toys, so why not go there?

Then she browsed in my pantry and fridge and that’s not something I let visiting kids do. And she was LOUD.

I told DD that kid was never darkening our door again. DD said she was too wild and she didn’t want her over either. No wonder her mom didn’t have back up childcare.

When DS was 10-11, he had a friend down the street who was a girl. We had a "policy" that when the kids' friends were over, they were ours, so we would take the kids out to dinner, on shopping trips, etc. with us. One time, this girl was with us and she was just chatting in the back seat of the car. She said her mother told her to "get everything you can out of guys as long as you can." Seriously -- the girl couldn't have been 11 (divorced parents--shocker).

Because obviously divorced parents are incapable?

Yeah, I wouldn't want a kid like that around either; sounds pretty extreme.
Ok I am lucky to have well behaved kids and have a vast amount of experience with kids, jumping on the bed (or at least attempting to) is a pretty normal things for kids to want to do (like running inside). My next door neighbor broke a futon in our basement jumping on it, he was young. However, he was still a pretty good kid.

Most people and cats. Both are disgusting, house wrecking creatures, and I'm allergic to the latter.

Dogs are most welcome though. ;)

Last edited:
Oh, goodness, yes! I totally forgot about the poor cat being traumatized. I love animals, but I'm really not about dogs. I think because being around them in a closed space (my ex had one and the dog could get into the garage anytime, but not the house) always made me so miserable. No one wants the bloodshot, teary eyes and shouldn't have to suffer in their own home. And yes, they knew all know we're a dog free house, but they think I'll get over it. I haven't since childhood, so probably not...and my god, the kids HATE the dogs when we go to their houses. I dose up with meds (and then I'm all weird, medicine headed) and step out often when we visit. We go to their places much more in the summer because we can all be outside.
I’m a dog lover—we have two—but allergies are horrible. My son is terribly allergic to cat and we can’t even visit anyone who has one.

Ok I am lucky to have well behaved kids and have a vast amount of experience with kids, jumping on the bed (or at least attempting to) is a pretty normal things for kids to want to do (like running inside). My next door neighbor broke a futon in our basement jumping on it, he was young. However, he was still a pretty good kid.

I guess I understand that thinking about it a bit more. We have platform beds, really hard to destroy them for jumping which was my initial thought, but yeah, I can see how jumping on the bed could destroy it. I used to have this super high bed and I'd hate to think of what the kids could have done to that one, or more importantly, what damage they could do to themselves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!