Have you ever been kidnapped?

I have pounded this into my kids heads. Fight, never go to a second location. I have also taught them to walk against traffic.

Same. Sadly especially with my daughter. I’ve been honest and told them if they take you to a second location you’re going to be killed. I would rather them kill you right there so at least we know what happened to you. I couldn’t imagine not knowing what happened to one of my children. Never having closure.

I was "fun"-napped once. I was working overnight (1a-9a M-F). I was getting married on Sunday. A bachelor party was planned with my coworkers for 1p (when they got off work) on Thursday. So I go home, take a quick nap, then get ready. I'm picked up and we head out to the strip clubs. We wrap up around 5 and head back to work (where all the cars were parked). But I'm not allowed to get out of the car at work. At 530 (the next shift change), a bunch of other coworkers come out and we go back out to the clubs.

I had my boss (and others) buying me shots, beers, dances, etc. At 10p, I finally am allowed to call it a night. I'm brought home and get to bed around 11p (I'm supposed to be at work at 1am). My then-fiancée (now DW) wakes me up at 12:30a. I can't move. I call my supervisor (who knew about the 2nd round ahead of time) and say I can't come in. Friday afternoon I'm called and told "since the Saturday morning person had to work your shift on Friday, you're working theirs on Saturday." No problem.

We have the wedding & honeymoon, and when I get back, I go to work during my normal shift on Monday, then get called into the GM's office and said because I called in sick when I was still drunk/hungover, I get a two day suspension. The fact that it was a surprise (that the scheduler knew about) didn't make a difference. Keep in mind, I had planned to be home about 6p. The fact my boss was buying me shots & beers 4 hours before my shift didn't make a difference. This was 27 years ago and I still think I was "wronged".

ETA: The bachelor party was planned for Thursday because my family was coming in on Friday.

I was "fun"-napped once. I was working overnight (1a-9a M-F). I was getting married on Sunday. A bachelor party was planned with my coworkers for 1p (when they got off work) on Thursday. So I go home, take a quick nap, then get ready. I'm picked up and we head out to the strip clubs. We wrap up around 5 and head back to work (where all the cars were parked). But I'm not allowed to get out of the car at work. At 530 (the next shift change), a bunch of other coworkers come out and we go back out to the clubs.

I had my boss (and others) buying me shots, beers, dances, etc. At 10p, I finally am allowed to call it a night. I'm brought home and get to bed around 11p (I'm supposed to be at work at 1am). My then-fiancée (now DW) wakes me up at 12:30a. I can't move. I call my supervisor (who knew about the 2nd round ahead of time) and say I can't come in. Friday afternoon I'm called and told "since the Saturday morning person had to work your shift on Friday, you're working theirs on Saturday." No problem.

We have the wedding & honeymoon, and when I get back, I go to work during my normal shift on Monday, then get called into the GM's office and said because I called in sick when I was still drunk/hungover, I get a two day suspension. The fact that it was a surprise (that the scheduler knew about) didn't make a difference. Keep in mind, I had planned to be home about 6p. The fact my boss was buying me shots & beers 4 hours before my shift didn't make a difference. This was 27 years ago and I still think I was "wronged".

ETA: The bachelor party was planned for Thursday because my family was coming in on Friday.
About the same number of years ago my DH’s boss took him out, got him hammered and delivered him home about 2am when his shift started at 6am. I told the boss he needed to be back at our place by 4:30am (they had an hour commute) to get him to work. He did too. I suspect he slept in his car, lol. I agree you were wronged.

We are currently on a brief visit to a large city across the country from where we live. I’ve been fascinated to note the taxi cabs here have an amber light on the back and a big sticker saying “If light is flashing call 911”. I can only presume it’s to assist in the case of the driver being hi-jacked or imperilled in some way.

Last edited:
3 times for fun-
1st time was when I made the middle school cheerleading squad. The graduating 8th grade girls kidnapped all the new squad members and took them to breakfast in their pajamas. I was totally surprised but my parents knew all about it.

2nd time was as a freshman at my Catholic all girls high school. I knew this one was coming and was marginally prepared. Traditionally the seniors kidnap the freshman. Some take their kidnappee to all boys school and parade them around before taking them to our own school for a big breakfast and fun event. I got lucky, my senior didn’t embarrass me by taking me to the all boys school in my pjs.

3rd time was as a sorority pledge in college. I was totally surprised by this one too. The older sisters kidnapped all the pledges and took them to a diner for breakfast in town. I got to participate as an older sister the next year.

Another "fun one", but it wasn't. My freshman year of college way back in 1985. In the middle of the night, (1:00-2:00 am) four people stormed our room, yelling and screaming with black masks covering their heads. We were terrified. Since we had been sound asleep it was hard to even process what was happening. We were brought down to the basement of our building, where to my HUGE relief, were other freshman. We soon found out it was an initiation for all of the new freshmen. I often wonder if the tradition continues. The pure fear that I experienced not knowing what was going on was truly terrifying!!!

Last night I was. Today is my big 60 so last night a bunch of girlfriends showed up at my house 5 o’clock and kidnapped me.

I have learned I cannot do this in my 60s like I did in my 20s

No have never been kidnapped though I almost made a very stupid decision in my late teens that would have no doubt ended in something horrific. But something made me step back, thankfully.

But on a lighter note -

@wildride

You were born on the same day as my sister. And I don't mean mere birthday, I mean actual day.:laughing: She too turned sixty yesterday. Hope you had a wonderful day.

thats funny, you have good friends. My Dad always told the story of the day I was kidnapped, before my parent could even call the polce they supposedly gave me back with money to help feed me , and a note telling my parents to hang in there

I wish there were two different names because "fun" kidnapping is not the same thing at all as being kidnapped even though that's what we call it.

I have not been "fun kidnapped" because my friends know I would hate it, but I reluctantly participated in one once. One of my friends desperately wanted to kidnap a friend for her 40th birthday and go spend the night in a nearby city.

I kept trying to talk her into planning it WITH our friend. I finally acquiesced, but have always regretted it. The birthday girl enjoyed it but kept commenting that she hadn't washed her hair that day and the clothes she would have brought were in the laundry. I still think she would have enjoyed it more if it were planned with her instead of sprung on her. We had to make plans with her husband, plans for her kids, etc. and doing it behind her back seemed more mean than fun to me.

I got myself into a situation when I was 15 that I still wonder if it was heading that way or not.

I had just joined a fire dept as a junior firefighter and one day decided to walk from my house to the mall that was about 3 miles away. Halfway there rain starts pouring down. I was passing by my firehall when a car pulls up and the guy asks if I need a ride. The rain was making it hard to really make him out but he looked like one of the members from my firehall, and since we were right in front of the firehall I assumed it *was* this guy so I said yeah and got in.

He asks where I’m heading, I tell him the mall and we start driving. I hadn’t looked over yet cause I was trying to get the seatbelt situated and the rain out of my face and then he asks “so what’s your name?”

I freeze and look over and my blood just runs cold. This guy was NOT who I thought he was, and finally getting a good look at him he just looked really creepy. I give him my middle name and he goes “oh.... you’re very pretty” and starts asking what my plans were that day and other really weird questions.

I’m now internally starting to freak out, but I don’t want to let on so I start talking about how I was soo late meeting up with my friends and that they were gonna kill me, if not send out a search party for me. I’m also scanning the truck for anything that could be picked up and used as a weapon. I wasn’t actually meeting anyone, but figured that if he *was* thinking of trying anything knowing that people were waiting on me might dissuade him. He drops me off and asks if I needed a pick up later, I said no thanks all set and got the F out of there. Longest 1/2 mile ride of my life and one hell of a lesson learned!

Not a fun one. But almost was grabbed by some creeper when I was 15. I was tiny and looked like I was about 12. I was walking down a long wooded road when a car pulled up and creeper asked if I wanted a ride. I said no thanks but he told me to get in and put his car diagonal across the road so I could not pass. I turned and started walking back when a lady drove up so I ran to her car and stopped her. Creeper sped away. This was in MD in 1988 (and he kinda looked like Lloyd Lee Welch). And I was not supposed to be where I was so I could not tell my folks what happened.

As a matter of fact, yes. My friends kidnapped me before my wedding and took me to a dueling piano bar.
That's sort of a curious choice. "It's your last day of single life, so enjoy this dueling piano medley while you can!"

That's sort of a curious choice. "It's your last day of single life, so enjoy this dueling piano medley while you can!"
Not any weirder than you have committed your life to this person, so spend you last day/night as an unmarried person watching people not your intended dance around and get naked.

Oh honey, they had me sitting up on the piano and the guys playing were singing for me. It was a favorite place to go after work on paydays

Not any weirder than you have committed your life to this person, so spend you last day/night as an unmarried person watching people not your intended dance around and get naked.
Yes going to a local production of HAIR is an unconventional choice, but to each their own.

Oh honey, they had me sitting up on the piano and the guys playing were singing for me. It was a favorite place to go after work on paydays
So this is a place you typically enjoy. I'm surprised your friends even had to kidnap you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!