Have you ever failed a REALLY important class?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I have never in my life as a student failed a class that I put forth the effort in, but, have just been informed that I am about to fail my first class (I don't want to go into details as to why because I don't agree with them and I am trying to appeal). I am devestated because I absolutely have to have this class by September and I have to have this class to graduate. It is a REQUIRED course for my degree, it is REALLY expensive and I am so sad. I honestly put more effort into this class than any other and am so devestated that I think I seriously ran out of tears. I just had to vent and wanted to know if anybody else has had the same feelings....

Oh No!! :worried: I'm so sorry!

I'm a freshman, with only a single smester under my belt so, thankfully, I haven't failed a class yet. Unfortunately this second semester just keeps getting more difficult. I have my first test in chem2 next week and if I don't start understanding the material pretty soon, I'll be in your boat.

What was I thinking when I decided to be a science major? :headache:

T-CoTink411 said:
What was I thinking when I decided to be a science major? :headache:

ditto! my anatomy and physiology class is, pardon the expression, 'kickin my bootay' right now. it is one class that is repeated by many, MANY people.

My DS is trying to keep his head above water in AP Calculus, just when all the colleges are due to get his mid-year report for admissions. He has a mid-term test today that will decide his grade F or D if he does really great on it.
I've never seen him so stressed about anything before, he's a really great student. I think it's the teaching style and availability of that teacher for extra help (which is next to none). I got him a private tutor a couple of weeks ago and his scores already improved tremendously. Can you get some extra help? It may be your only chance for passing!

Yeah I definitely got a D in my intro psych class which does not look good at all when I try to get into the one upper psych class I want to take which is why I took intro psych in the first place since it is a prereq.

natty41 said:
ditto! my anatomy and physiology class is, pardon the expression, 'kickin my bootay' right now. it is one class that is repeated by many, MANY people.

Yup, my one roommate is actually in anatomy again this semester and she is not happy about having to retake it.

Luckily I've gotten pretty decent grades in all of my classes, and that includes philosophy which I really do not know how I passed! But I am very glad I did, that class was NOT fun.

my anatomy and physiology class is, pardon the expression, 'kickin my bootay' right now

Those classes were brutal! I was wishing the entire time that I could have been somewhere else, but, again, I need them for my degree. I passed them luckily, with no problems.

I wish I could get a tutor for these courses, but they are practicum courses and really, you have to either do a kickass job and nail everything perfectly, or you hear about it on a continual basis that you suck - unless you have experienced a hospital practicum with the instructors I have had, you just cannot understand the stress levels that I currently experiencing.

my anatomy and physiology class is, pardon the expression, 'kickin my bootay' right now

It kicked me too. The physiology part was very hard. Sometimes I couldn't get what the professor (or the book) was trying to say. But I loved the anatomy part.
thank god I passed them.
Now, chemistry, those classes got me hard. Organic chemistry made no sense to me, but at least I passed it with a B (low one by the way).

I wanted to maintain a specific grade point, so when I got a C that killed me. Yes, I know C's transfer, and it doesnt' matter. But it kills me to see that C.

For the record it was Applied Mathmatical Thoery and it was a 6 week accelerated summer course! What was I thinking!

Yes i have failed Microeconomics 2x and Macroeconomics 2x.... I just don't get it.. college was hard

I've never failed an important class for my degree. I have a friend who has though. Sad thing is that when she had to take it over again, she had to have the same professor (the prof is the only one who teaches the class). She has had this professor for several of her classes and now the prof has a special nickname.

Norah, if it makes you feel any better, I know plenty of brilliant Psych MAjors that did horribly on intro to Psych. It's just so much information crammed into a short period of time that you have to know.

The only class I failed was statistics. I'm horrible at math and I had the worst professor. I struggled the whole semester and I just couldn't "get" it. It's part of the reason why I'm transferring to another school because stats is a requirement for all social science majors at the school I'm currently on sabbatical from.

Nope, I've never failed anything. I'm a dean's list kind of girl lol. But don't fret, you can always make it up or explain the grade to potential employers if/when it comes up during an interview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter