Have you ever had a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxiesmom said:
Apparently it was a big deal to the person who posted. It sounds like her so called friends were not very nice to her the whole trip. If I traveled with my friends and they took the window seat when it was my first trip on a plane I would be miffed too.

Agree! Also, I don't think the OP expected them to stay with her for the entire vacation!!! I do feel that the OP felt they could have been kinder. People need to put themselves in others people shoes to relate to how one feels!

Dislifer said:
Agree! Also, I don't think the OP expected them to stay with her for the entire vacation!!! I do feel that the OP felt they could have been kinder. People need to put themselves in others people shoes to relate to how one feels!

they could have at least gotten her a doctor or a glass of water! Common decency allows that!

First timer said:
I can not understand why you refer to them as "friends" because based on the way they treated you (in my opinion) I do not believe they considered you a friend. :sad2:

I think that's why she called them "the people I was travelling with." :guilty:

Princess Mindy said:
they could have at least gotten her a doctor or a glass of water! Common decency allows that!

Absolutely! :thumbsup2

BTW, totally OT, but I'm 60 miles sw of Chicago! :cheer2:

MQuara said:
I've been through that before. I ALWAYS book the window seat because I get airsick and quite frankly - I need that wall there to rest my head on with a pillow so I can try and sleep through my misery. My MIL got annoyed at me on one trip because I wouldn't "share" and she wanted to have the window seat. If you want a window seat BOOK yourself a window seat just like I did for myself....... :confused3

You did good in my book for standing up for yourself. Your MIL sounds like my dear departed mother who was the master at guilt motivation and passive/aggressive behavior. If having a window seat was so important to her, then as you pointed out, she should have booked one herself. She was probably stuck in the middle seat and didn't like it. How was she the rest of the trip?

misskrystal said:
My shocking moment was when, on my first WDW trip (also my first time flying), the people I was travelling with stole my window seat. I couldn't believe that my own friends would take my seat when I hadn't flown before and they'd flown more times than they can remember. I spent the entire flight leaning over, trying to see past three people to look out of the window.

That pretty much set the standard for the entire trip as, when I got very sick, so sick I couldn't' get out of bed or even get myself a glass of water, they just left me in the hotel room and went out to the parks. They wouldn't even take me to see a doctor.

But karma is a great thing, because they haven't been back to WDW and I have :goodvibes

I've read the other comments about this post and I've got to agree with their points. The type of people who would leave a person who is too sick to even get out of bed without any kind of help are just sub-human. Being that sick she should have gone to the emergency room. My heart goes out to poor misskrystal for being so mistreated.

The whole lack of consideration shown regrading the airplane's window seat was just a prelude to future poor treatment. If misskrystal is still in touch with these losers I suggest putting laxatives in their beer. A lot of them. Especially before a big game or concert they might be planning to attend. Let 'em spend their time in the toilet instead.

End of serious post.

The following is meant in jest. :joker: DO NOT attempt to do any of the following. These recipes actually work. It is a joke. Only a joke. That means its supposed to be funny but probably isn't. :blush:

If you don't want to wait for Karma to get even for you, then try the following:

If you really don't like them, put anti-freeze in their beverages. It will taste sweet but it will destroy their kidneys. Though repeated dosings may be required. Their kidney failure should be sudden enough to kill them. If not they can spend the rest of their lives on dialysis. Yes, I suppose I am a bit psycho. :smokin:

If that isn't painful enough for them, (if they are REAL wankers), in the sink, mix up a batch of Comet cleanser (the entire container), water (just enough to wet the comet), and a gallon of chlorine bleach. Don't inhale the mustard gas that will come boiling out of the solution. It will disolve your lungs. So leave quickly. When your target gets home, he/she will breathe in enough to permantly damage their lungs and leave them with a cough and short of breath for the rest of his/her life. It may also burn their skin, leaving them disfigured for life, an added bonus. :smooth:

And speaking of burning, this one will really reduce your chances of getting caught. You blow out the pilot lights at the target's house or apartment, close the windows, wrap a light bulb in a towel and gently crush it, leaving the filiment intact. Put the broken bulb in whatever lamp will be first turned on when the target gets home. Turn on every gas outlet you can... all the way open and then leave. Make sure there will be at least two hours before the target gets home. The resulting explosion should take out the entire building. All evidence should be destroyed in the fire and explosion. Though the settings of the gas appliances may raise suspicion. :rolleyes1

Darian said:
I've read the other comments about this post and I've got to agree with their points. The type of people who would leave a person who is too sick to even get out of bed without any kind of help are just sub-human. Being that sick she should have gone to the emergency room. My heart goes out to poor misskrystal for being so mistreated.

The whole lack of consideration shown regrading the airplane's window seat was just a prelude to future poor treatment. If misskrystal is still in touch with these losers I suggest putting laxatives in their beer. A lot of them. Especially before a big game or concert they might be planning to attend. Let 'em spend their time in the toilet instead.

If you really don't like them, put anti-freeze in their beverages. It will taste sweet but it will destroy their kidneys. Though repeated dosings may be required. Their kidney failure should be sudden enough to kill them. If not they can spend the rest of their lives on dialysis. Yes, I suppose I am a bit psycho.

If that isn't painful enough for them, in the sink, mix up a batch of Comet cleanser (the entire container), water (just enough to wet the comet), and a gallon of chlorine bleach. Don't inhale the mustard gas that will come boiling out of the solution. It will disolve your lungs. So leave quickly. When your target gets home, he/she will breathe in enough to permantly damage their lungs and leave them with a cough and short of breath for the rest of his/her life. It may also burn their skin, leaving them disfigured for life, an added bonus.

And speaking of burning, this one will really reduce your chances of getting caught. You blow out the pilot lights at the target's house or apartment, close the windows, wrap a light bulb in a towel and gently crush it, leaving the filiment intact. Put the broken bulb in whatever lamp will be first turned on when the target gets home. Turn on every gas outlet you can... all the way open and then leave. Make sure there will be at least two hours before the target gets home. The resulting explosion should take out the entire building. All evidence should be destroyed in the fire and explosion. Though the settings of the gas appliances may raise suspicion.

Darian, you are more than just a little scary.

almacdonald said:
It's an airplane seat, not a first born child. If it were that big of a deal I'm sure she could have switched seats. I can understand how a person would be upset if a complete stranger took their assigned seat and left them to sit in their middle seat between 2 strangers, but someone in your travel party? If you all want to sit together someone has to sit in the middle. Unfortunately not every seat is a window or aisle seat. I like the window seat but my boyfriend and I switch back and forth cause he likes looking out the window too. I can look over him if i also want to see. Not a big deal. Bigger problems out there folks, bigger problems... Like public urination and neekid male anatomy. Keep em coming!

And why should her friends spend their entire vacation sitting in a hotel room? I would have gone to the parks too.

She didn't seem heartbroken over it, just mentioned that she was shocked. That level of inconsideration would have shocked me, too.

Imagine if when I took my nephews, I took the window seat and told the kid, they'll see on another flight. I know the OP was not a child, but it was her first flight. Real friends would have taken a different spot for someone's very first flight. As you said, not every seat's a window or aisle- and they've flown before.

In addition, the OP asked to go to the doctor and they wouldn't even take her, and went to the parks instead. At the very least, they could have brought dinner back for her, or had at least one person sit with her by the pool or something for a few hours a day to get some fresh air, or taken her to a doctor.

I'm just glad a bad first experience didn't sour her and she is still coming back to WDW for better experiences!

Is this a test of some kind? To see how we react? Is this a big psychological experment to see how we deal with shocks?

I'm actually a little worried here.

Darian said:

If you really don't like them, put anti-freeze in their beverages. It will taste sweet but it will destroy their kidneys. Though repeated dosings may be required. Their kidney failure should be sudden enough to kill them. If not they can spend the rest of their lives on dialysis. Yes, I suppose I am a bit psycho.

If that isn't painful enough for them, in the sink, mix up a batch of Comet cleanser (the entire container), water (just enough to wet the comet), and a gallon of chlorine bleach. Don't inhale the mustard gas that will come boiling out of the solution. It will disolve your lungs. So leave quickly. When your target gets home, he/she will breathe in enough to permantly damage their lungs and leave them with a cough and short of breath for the rest of his/her life. It may also burn their skin, leaving them disfigured for life, an added bonus.

And speaking of burning, this one will really reduce your chances of getting caught. You blow out the pilot lights at the target's house or apartment, close the windows, wrap a light bulb in a towel and gently crush it, leaving the filiment intact. Put the broken bulb in whatever lamp will be first turned on when the target gets home. Turn on every gas outlet you can... all the way open and then leave. Make sure there will be at least two hours before the target gets home. The resulting explosion should take out the entire building. All evidence should be destroyed in the fire and explosion. Though the settings of the gas appliances may raise suspicion.

Darian said:

I dont like to get involved in these debates but Darian, dude, what's wrong with you? :crazy2:

ariel_459 said:
i just got back from disney and i was shocked too to see little babies as sunburned as they were. i saw a newborn, too. keep them at home folks. wait until they're old enough to enjoy it. lol.

I think it is rude to assume you know their situation or the age of their child.

We had a family reunion in WDW in Dec. My newphew was only 6 weeks old then. My sil & bil came and of course brought the baby. They went to MK 1 day of the 7 that we were there, for all of 4 hours w/ our familly. Was that wrong of them?? No!

I also had a friend that took her 2 month old to Disney. He was born very prematurely and looked like a newborn, when in fact he was not.

Perhaps you shouldn't judge as you do not know the situation.

PrincessEmilysMommy said:
I think it is rude to assume you know their situation or the age of their child.

We had a family reunion in WDW in Dec. My newphew was only 6 weeks old then. My sil & bil came and of course brought the baby. They went to MK 1 day of the 7 that we were there, for all of 4 hours w/ our familly. Was that wrong of them?? No!

I also had a friend that took her 2 month old to Disney. He was born very prematurely and looked like a newborn, when in fact he was not.

Perhaps you shouldn't judge as you do not know the situation.

I think the point was that if you are going to let very small babies cook in the sun till they look like lobsters, you might not want to bring them. I don't think they were trying to judge anyone. If anyone wants to take a 6week old or 2 month old, more power to them. Just be responsible enough to cover them up and use sunscreen.

Hixski said:
I think the point was that if you are going to let very small babies cook in the sun till they look like lobsters, you might not want to bring them. I don't think they were trying to judge anyone. If anyone wants to take a 6week old or 2 month old, more power to them. Just be responsible enough to cover them up and use sunscreen.

Actually sunscreen can be harmful to babies under 6 months old. Now that doesn't make it ok to cook them like lobsters of course, but it does make dealing with the FL sun a wee bit more difficult, especially for those who are not accustomed to it. Also, many newborn babies are, um... well, funny-colored for a while until their skintone evens out. Mine used to turn beet-red when she would cry and she would remain that color for about 30 minutes afterward, even in the dead of winter.

Hixski said:

That's how I understood their post also. I think people should cover their kids to avoid the risk of sunburn/overheating. I don't get the parents who allow their kids to fry. They have the spray-on sunblock nowadays which makes it much quicker and easier. :thumbsup2

almacdonald said:
It's an airplane seat, not a first born child. If it were that big of a deal I'm sure she could have switched seats. I can understand how a person would be upset if a complete stranger took their assigned seat and left them to sit in their middle seat between 2 strangers, but someone in your travel party? If you all want to sit together someone has to sit in the middle. Unfortunately not every seat is a window or aisle seat. I like the window seat but my boyfriend and I switch back and forth cause he likes looking out the window too. I can look over him if i also want to see. Not a big deal. Bigger problems out there folks, bigger problems... Like public urination and neekid male anatomy. Keep em coming!

And why should her friends spend their entire vacation sitting in a hotel room? I would have gone to the parks too.

I was actually (and forgive me for not being specific earlier) refering to her being left sick and alone in the room while her friends went off to the parks. Of course one does not go to WDW or any other place on vacation with a plan to sit in their room all day nursing a sick friend but it happens. I guess it is a matter of opnion which is why in my post I stated "in my opinion."

Darian said:

Well Darian, I think you may have crossed the line between humor and full on Crazy. At least go back and add some smileys to your post to indicate you're jesting.

I just returned from my 2 week trip and I encountered two shocks - both involving WDW bus drivers!!!

Shock number one happened as we boarded a bus for MK at OKW. We were a group of 9 and we were standing near the end of the Pennisular Rd. bus stop. We were the only ones at the bus stop. When the bus pulled up it went a little past the bus stop so that the back door stopped right in front of us. Both doors opened so we began to board through the rear door. Both me and my friend had folded strollers so we entered first and our wives and kids were right behind us. My friend and I entered and then the driver literally slammed the back door on my friend's 5 year old daughter. He started yelling at us over the PA system that we are not supposed to board the bus through the rear door. The door hit the girls hand and she was crying. Now granted he was correct that we were not supposed to board the bus through the rear door. We did not realize it at the time though so that was our mistake. We just instinctively boarded the bus through the door that stopped and opened right in front of us. I was really shocked at his behavior. When the women and children boarded through the front, my wife calmly stated to the driver that he shut the door on the little girls hand. He started yelling at my wife about following the rules. When we got to the MK I waited until everyone was off the bus and went up to ask him for his employee number. He started yelling at me that I was not his boss and I wasn't going to get it. He then put his hand right up in my face and kept yelling "Bye, Bye, Bye" over and over. I got his name and bus number and reported it immediately to the transportation supervisor at the MK.

Shock number 2 happened during our second week when we were staying at the Beach Club Villas. We got on a bus at the MK to return to the BCV and I think our driver had a brain freeze. He took several wrong turns and took forever to get to the Epcot Resort area. Finally we were on Buena Vista Drive and the driver got in the left hand turning lane to turn into MGM where he was supposed to take a right to the Yacht and Beach Club. While at the red light people started yelling asking where he was going. He got on the PA and said he was going to MGM. When we told him that he was supposed to go to the Y/BC he responded "You are right. I apologize my mind was elsewhere". No big deal - or so I thought. When the light turned he proceeded to make the right hand turn from the left turning lane cutting across the other 2 lanes of traffic :scared1: :scared: :drive: :drinking1 :earseek:

DisneyWorld Delight said:
Well Darian, I think you may have crossed the line between humor and full on Crazy. At least go back and add some smileys to your post to indicate you're jesting.

Good idea about the smileys! Yes, I was just joking after all. I studied chemistry and nuclear physics at the University of California. We learned how to make chemical and nuclear weapons and optimize the nuke's yeild. Now that was fun! I whipped up a batch of the "odor of rotting flesh" :stir: (a molecule very similar to the scent given natural gas) and let it loose in the main library. Lots of people ran outside vomiting. That was hysterical! :rotfl:

Once I went to a church camp in the mountains and crushed up some laxative pills and put them in the cottage cheese. It was especially amusing just before a long afternoon hike in the forest!!! :rotfl2: You've got all these people dying to go to the bathroom but the nearest ones are miles away! That was classic!!! :lmao:

Of course there is the world famous cellophane on the toilet, but adding some Ben Gay to the toilet seat is genious. :goodvibes What fun is camp without the practical jokes? :banana: I guess my sense of humor is a bit odd but then again I like Mission Space, champagne and caviar.

Sorry for getting a little too carried away with my first post. :crazy: Now where did I put my medication....? :drinking1

Mike said:
I just returned from my 2 week trip and I encountered two shocks - both involving WDW bus drivers!!!

Shock number one happened as we boarded a bus for MK at OKW. We were a group of 9 and we were standing near the end of the Pennisular Rd. bus stop. We were the only ones at the bus stop. When the bus pulled up it went a little past the bus stop so that the back door stopped right in front of us. Both doors opened so we began to board through the rear door. Both me and my friend had folded strollers so we entered first and our wives and kids were right behind us. My friend and I entered and then the driver literally slammed the back door on my friend's 5 year old daughter. He started yelling at us over the PA system that we are not supposed to board the bus through the rear door. The door hit the girls hand and she was crying. Now granted he was correct that we were not supposed to board the bus through the rear door. We did not realize it at the time though so that was our mistake. We just instinctively boarded the bus through the door that stopped and opened right in front of us. I was really shocked at his behavior. When the women and children boarded through the front, my wife calmly stated to the driver that he shut the door on the little girls hand. He started yelling at my wife about following the rules. When we got to the MK I waited until everyone was off the bus and went up to ask him for his employee number. He started yelling at me that I was not his boss and I wasn't going to get it. He then put his hand right up in my face and kept yelling "Bye, Bye, Bye" over and over. I got his name and bus number and reported it immediately to the transportation supervisor at the MK.

Shock number 2 happened during our second week when we were staying at the Beach Club Villas. We got on a bus at the MK to return to the BCV and I think our driver had a brain freeze. He took several wrong turns and took forever to get to the Epcot Resort area. Finally we were on Buena Vista Drive and the driver got in the left hand turning lane to turn into MGM where he was supposed to take a right to the Yacht and Beach Club. While at the red light people started yelling asking where he was going. He got on the PA and said he was going to MGM. When we told him that he was supposed to go to the Y/BC he responded "You are right. I apologize my mind was elsewhere". No big deal - or so I thought. When the light turned he proceeded to make the right hand turn from the left turning lane cutting across the other 2 lanes of traffic :scared1: :scared: :drive: :drinking1 :earseek:

These are examples on why we drive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter