Have you ever had a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dominia_1979 said:
I think this says it all. She was at Animal Kingdom with see-through SHORT white shorts on...

Oh jeez, are you kidding me :sad2: Why even bother taking the extra time to put the so called shorts on :confused3 ?? I love how you stopped to take a picture of this, it's like something I would do :rotfl:

dominia_1979 said:
I think this says it all. She was at Animal Kingdom with see-through SHORT white shorts on...

i don't know how this is a "shock" i mean, yes they are short, but i've seen much worse. maybe it's me, but i can't see the "See-through" part. but i see where it would be considered short, but like i said, i've seen a lot worse.

LuluLovesDisney said:
Is this a test of some kind? To see how we react? Is this a big psychological experment to see how we deal with shocks?

I'm actually a little worried here.

yeah it's a tad creepy......

White shorts + Kali will eventually = WAY see through shorts :rotfl2: . Granted, she may not have been planning to go on any wet rides that day, but still. What if it rains? :rotfl:

Actually, that woman with the white "short" shorts seems to be the only one in the pic dressed like it's really hot out. From what the people surrounding her are wearing, I'd think it was maybe "warm" or even "cool for Florida." That makes those particular shorts even more weird because she's wearing them in spite of the fact that it's not hot out. Dominia, what time of year was that pic taken?

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

LadyZolt said:
Actually, that woman with the white "short" shorts seems to be the only one in the pic dressed like it's really hot out. From what the people surrounding her are wearing, I'd think it was maybe "warm" or even "cool for Florida." That makes those particular shorts even more weird because she's wearing them in spite of the fact that it's not hot out. Dominia, what time of year was that pic taken?

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)
LOL! You're right! I didn't even notice that. Wow, someone must have been confused when they dressed themselves that mornin'! :rotfl:

What is so offensive about the girl in the picture? She's wearing short shorts and you can see a little skin, big deal. It's a free country and she can wear what she wants, maybe you'd prefer it if she was wearing a burqa instead.

When you can see "cheek" skin and panty lines like that, it's a cry for attention- especially when you need a sweatshirt!

I feel bad that people feel the need to dress like that- short shorts, see through clothes, bikini tops in parks. I think there's usually emotional reasons for that need for attention. There's a teacher I work with who has worn short shorts, white dresses where you could see her panties, etc. in school. This has caused tons of problems with parents, etc. She's gotten repeated warnings about it but doesn't change. As I've gotten to know her a little over the years, and learned a little about her life and I think I've pieced together why she wants this attention but the longer she dresses like that, the longer she lets those problems continue to affect her life.

The good part is that most girls I know - other than this one woman- eventually grew out of it and are embarrassed now to have it brought up- so usually it's just a stage that fades with maturity and wisdom.

LiLIrishChick63 said:
yeah it's a tad creepy......

Ah, whats not to love? A few helpful hints on dealing with difficult people... studies in advanced problem solving.... Its all good. :goodvibes Just making the world a better place one person at a time. ;) Besides the way poor misskrystal was mistreated by her so-called friends -- leaving her to rot while deathly ill in her hotel room when they should have taken her to the emergency room deserves a creative response. Rest assured my more colorful suggestions were only meant in jest. You've gotta admit that the whole plastic wrap on the toilet trick is pretty amusing. :rotfl2: And who hasn't slipped someone some laxatives as a prank? :lmao: Don't worry. I behave at WDW. Well, for the most part anyway. :thumbsup2 So if you sit on a toilet seat at WDW and it's covered with Ben Gay you'll know who to blame.

I suppose a warped sense of humor is a risk in my line of work. Sorry to have creeped you out.

Darian said:
Ah, whats not to love? A few helpful hints on dealing with difficult people... studies in advanced problem solving.... Its all good. :goodvibes Just making the world a better place one person at a time. ;) Besides the way poor misskrystal was mistreated by her so-called friends -- leaving her to rot while deathly ill in her hotel room when they should have taken her to the emergency room deserves a creative response. Rest assured my more colorful suggestions were only meant in jest. You've gotta admit that the whole plastic wrap on the toilet trick is pretty amusing. :rotfl2: And who hasn't slipped someone some laxatives as a prank? :lmao: Don't worry. I behave at WDW. Well, for the most part anyway. :thumbsup2 So if you sit on a toilet seat at WDW and it's covered with Ben Gay you'll know who to blame.

I suppose a warped sense of humor is a risk in my line of work. Sorry to have creeped you out.

Oh, Darian. We know you like to :stir: it up. I'll tell DS and DH to make sure they use seat covers in the men's room.

Darian said:

Another social experiment . . . to ask or not to ask ?

(I imagine Republican philosopher doesn't pay the bills ;) )

Mickey&Donald said:
Wow, those "shorts" look like boy-cut underpants to me. :blush:

I totally agree. Ick. When butt cheeks are dribbling out the bottom it's time to change.

LadyZolt said:

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

It was taken the last week of October 2005 after Hurricane Wilma blew through. The lows were in the 40's and 50's, with the lowest temp being 36 degrees.

We would wear jeans, t-shirts, and jackets wrapped around our waist during the day. At night we'd put on the jackets and a wear a sock hat to cover our ears. It was down right COLD a few nights!

TheZeppo said:
What is so offensive about the girl in the picture? She's wearing short shorts and you can see a little skin, big deal. It's a free country and she can wear what she wants, maybe you'd prefer it if she was wearing a burqa instead.

I agree that people should have the freedom to wear whatever they want. My husband wasn't complaining....he actually enjoyed it! :rotfl2:

However, I think that when you go to a family oriented place you should dress appropriately... Especially when children are around.

LiLIrishChick63 said:
i don't know how this is a "shock" i mean, yes they are short, but i've seen much worse. maybe it's me, but i can't see the "See-through" part. but i see where it would be considered short, but like i said, i've seen a lot worse.

The picture doesn't do it justice. Let's just say you could read the tag in her undergarments! :rotfl:

Thank goodness I don't have children or I would've been REALLY shocked!

However, I think that when you go to a family oriented place you should dress appropriately.

The problem is, people seem to have no concept of what appropriate dress is anymore. I've been part of HUGE debates about what is or is not appropriate for church, for work, even for shopping. My only requirements are clean and covered. They call them "private parts" for a reason, folks.

LuluLovesDisney said:
Another social experiment . . . to ask or not to ask ?

(I imagine Republican philosopher doesn't pay the bills ;) )

You've got me there! At least Ann Coulter can make a living at it. ;) As for me, I won't quit my day job any time soon. :thumbsup2 Oh yes, and no social experiments here. Just good old fashioned guilt driven psychosis with sociopathic tendencies. Its tough being a compassionate conservative! :rotfl2:

Maybe I should move out to Florida and get a job at WDW driving a bus. That seems to be the place for the sanity-challenged to work. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!