Have you ever loved a TV program as a kid, then recently watched a rerun of it

They highlight of TV watching of my 80's youth, Knight Rider.

Wow is it horribly cheesy.

On the other hand, when I previously had (access to) Prime, I watched Chips. It was still enjoyable to watch. Chips to my pre-teenage years is what Knight Rider was to my teenage years. Loved Chips when I was a little kid. Now it's not available with Prime any more.

The GI Joe and Transformer cartoons. The animation is ... really bad.
It's laughably bad. And the plots were at times almost nonexistent, created solely to push product (they aren't as blatant nowadays). But as an adult I can accept the cartoons as they are.

I also loved the fact that they had an unofficial crossover back when this wasn't the norm.

I rewatched Night Court recently and honestly it holds up! Especially the episodes with John Astin still had me laughing!

Most of the animated stuff I watched when I was small though... terrible. Watching through the old She-ra and just... UGH.

You get a like for Night Court, but I can't agree on She-Ra. 80's cartoons rule!

I was working from home Tuesday and had the tv on for background noise. Three episodes of Love Boat in a row. They weren’t as bad as I thought they might be.

I haven't seen them lately, but I suspect Love Boat and Fantasy Island would be on my list. Really, I am cracking up laughing at myself as I write this.

Used to love the original PBS production of "Poldark" when I was younger. When it was shown again decades later I realised it was only a few degrees better than a soap opera. I do like the remake though.

They highlight of TV watching of my 80's youth, Knight Rider.

Wow is it horribly cheesy.

On the other hand, when I previously had (access to) Prime, I watched Chips. It was still enjoyable to watch. Chips to my pre-teenage years is what Knight Rider was to my teenage years. Loved Chips when I was a little kid. Now it's not available with Prime any more.

I still hum the music to myself when I see a California Highway Patrol vehicle. Many CHP officers aren't even old enough to remember CHiPs although I'm sure they've heard of it.

The CHP stopped cooperating because they kept on showing inaccurate things like cars on fire always exploding. They didn't cooperate with the CHiPs movie, and they weren't allowed to use the official CHP logo. It was also a huge fantasy in that somehow CHP officers could afford expensive hobbies like skydiving.

You get a like for Night Court, but I can't agree on She-Ra. 80's cartoons rule!

Every time an episode ends and Lookee starts to tell a moral that has nothing to do with the story I just clock out. Also I never realized in my youth how absolutely incompetent Bow was. How did he ever look cool to me?

HR Puffinstuff
Years ago, I told my wife about this awesome show that I enjoyed when I was a kid. She had never seen it, didn't think it was real. Some time later, I found it, on TV somewhere, and we tried to watch it. It was painful.

Every time an episode ends and Lookee starts to tell a moral that has nothing to do with the story I just clock out. Also I never realized in my youth how absolutely incompetent Bow was. How did he ever look cool to me?

Oh, well, Bow was the token guy and was pretty useless. Lookee was boss! I always tried to find him. Also, I liked how the morals in He-Man and She-Ra were like really deep. G.I. Joe was all "don't swim when there's lightning" or "always turn off the stove." He-Man would come out and say something like "Today let's talk about the nature of courage."

Yes. I watched a few episodes of Silver Spoons. It was nice to watch an old show that I enjoyed as a teenager but it was not so good. I don't see me watching any more.

View attachment 465413

I was in love with Ricky Schroeder - later to become Rick Schroeder. We are basically the same age. (just looked him up - he is five days older than I am)

He later became Rick. And I am sure this sounds conceited, but I much say that I aged much better...LOL!

Um, OMG and I feel like a traitor because I adore them-but The Monkees. It was me and my sister's absolute favorite TV show as kids. We were *obsessed.* We knew every episode inside and out. "Oh, it's the one where Davy..." "Oo-this is the one where Mike..." and we would laugh like loons every time. When it started airing again on MEtv, I was thrilled...aaaaand it was, ugh. I shouldn't have watched. I love their music to distraction, but the TV show was awful.

Dukes of Hazard and Little House on the Prairie were the only 2 shows I made it a point to catch each week.

Absolutely loved them. Tried them more recently and whoa! Cheesy cringy corn. I was 7 or 8yo but can't think of an excuse for adults back then. Tom & Jerry and Woody Woodpecker are better than ever watching now. And the Honeymooners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter