Have you ever loved a TV program as a kid, then recently watched a rerun of it

Um, OMG and I feel like a traitor because I adore them-but The Monkees. It was me and my sister's absolute favorite TV show as kids. We were *obsessed.* We knew every episode inside and out. "Oh, it's the one where Davy..." "Oo-this is the one where Mike..." and we would laugh like loons every time. When it started airing again on MEtv, I was thrilled...aaaaand it was, ugh. I shouldn't have watched. I love their music to distraction, but the TV show was awful.
I’m the opposite. I actually enjoy the show more now than I did when I was 8 because I “get it” now. But I agree their music was fabulous! Quite underrated.

I was in love with Ricky Schroeder - later to become Rick Schroeder. We are basically the same age. (just looked him up - he is five days older than I am)

He later became Rick. And I am sure this sounds conceited, but I much say that I aged much better...LOL!

I think Jason Bateman might have been the one from that show to go on the most successful acting career. I though his rule was just kind of a throwaway character.

Little House and Waltons. Certain episodes can still make me bawl like a baby. Love them, but don’t watch them on TV because of edits. I have the complete series on DVD.

Whats strange is a show like Star Trek TNG, is actually still relevant and holds up very well....
They were WAY ahead of the curve with social issues.

The whole of Star Trek from the beginning did that from the original series. However, I remember seeing the TNG pilot a few years after the series was in full production. The acting was laughably bad outside of Patrick Stewart, who has always been a superb actor. In particular I remember seeing Worf eager to get into any fight without worrying about consequences, and Troi absolutely unable to function because of her telepathic/empathic abilities would leave her an emotional wreck.

The really odd thing is just looking at old series and seeing how everything looks compared to modern HDTV.

Some TV shows were actually filmed, and there have been new transfers to video that actually took advantage of better technology.

Love Boat, Northern Exposure & The Waltons - I really used to enjoy all three. Tried to watch Love Boat not to long ago and just Could Not deal with those white shorty shorts!!!

Can't recall the last time I saw Northern Exposure reruns on ...

The whole of Star Trek from the beginning did that from the original series. However, I remember seeing the TNG pilot a few years after the series was in full production. The acting was laughably bad outside of Patrick Stewart, who has always been a superb actor. In particular I remember seeing Worf eager to get into any fight without worrying about consequences, and Troi absolutely unable to function because of her telepathic/empathic abilities would leave her an emotional wreck.
Patrick Stewart definitely led the cast to a higher level. The first season's acting was subpar, but he was seriously on it from the start. Without him the show may have never made it past Season 1 or 2. It took the rest a bit of time to solidify their characters but they got there. That pilot was a face palm, lol.

Whats strange is a show like Star Trek TNG, is actually still relevant and holds up very well....
They were WAY ahead of the curve with social issues.
Loved the show, but I was more of a Niner. Characters like Quark and Garak, the "plain and simple tailor", who would never have worked on TNG, really helped elevate the show.

Patrick Stewart definitely led the cast to a higher level. The first season's acting was subpar, but he was seriously on it from the start. Without him the show may have never made it past Season 1 or 2. It took the rest a bit of time to solidify their characters but they got there. That pilot was a face palm, lol.
Yeah, it was definitely
giphy.gif

Um, OMG and I feel like a traitor because I adore them-but The Monkees. It was me and my sister's absolute favorite TV show as kids. We were *obsessed.* We knew every episode inside and out. "Oh, it's the one where Davy..." "Oo-this is the one where Mike..." and we would laugh like loons every time. When it started airing again on MEtv, I was thrilled...aaaaand it was, ugh. I shouldn't have watched. I love their music to distraction, but the TV show was awful.

i still have my monkee's thermous. mom let me pick out my first lunch box for school and while the lunch box fell apart over the years (it was not metal) that old thermos is still in perfect working order. it sits with an original 'family affair' thermos i found a few years ago in a 2nd hand store.

Not so much as a kid, but a young adult, I loved Thirty Something.

29 years ago when thirtysomething aired i was a big fan. dh would watch it with me but was not as emotionaly invested. one night i dozed off and missed the episode so the next morning i asked 'did i miss anything special on thrirtysomething last night?'. dh's response? 'eh not really.................oh yeah i guess maybe....that gary guy died':scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::sad::sad::sad::sad:

i let out a howl 'gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary? dead???????????????? nooooooooooooo gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary'.

to this day if dh says anything that really annoys me i howl 'gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary'.

good show-i think of it when i watch 'this is us' (which ken olin directs and produces).

Used to love the original PBS production of "Poldark" when I was younger. When it was shown again decades later I realised it was only a few degrees better than a soap opera. I do like the remake though.
Love them both but the remake had a better budget along with Aidan Turner to look at😉. But I have to say I felt some sympathy for George in the original. Came across/looked more as a outsider to the Upper Class than "new" George.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!