Have you ever seen a medium? WHo would you like to contact?

My friend dragged me along to a Theresa Caputo show. Does that count? I wasn't impressed. But if I could contact someone I'd probably just want to hear from my dad.

Been to a couple over the years, more for the entertainment value. I think I aggravate them because they say “tell me about yourself” and I always respond “I thought that’s what you were supposed to do”. ;)

That being said, there was one who knew things she would have had no way of knowing, seeing that she was a complete stranger with no connection to me whatsoever.

I haven’t been to one because I do think that there’s no way they can contact the dead. Like @ronandannette said, it’s shameful for people to prey on the vulnerable.

I have seen a few ghosts and am pretty sensitive to being able to tell if one is in a building I am in (no, I’m not nuts), but I’ve never felt like one jumped into my body and demanded I track down a relative LOL

The living cannot commune with the dead, nor vice-versa. Any claim to do so is a shameful exploitation of the grief and loneliness some feel when a loved one has gone on.

Totally agree. Nor do I believe in ghosts, spirits, etc...

From another post, I live in the land of psychics/fortune tellers/witches, yeah Laurie Cabot territory.

If it was real I would love to talk to my grandmother. She lived such an interesting life. The Halifax ship explosion, emigrated to USA, losing a child, having my DM marry my her DD(Irish/Sicilian immigrants), big deal back then.

I've seen Maureen Hancock. She is local to Massachusetts. She does it in a group setting so no there is guarantee you'll get a reading. My friend got a message from her cousin who passed away at age 19. The level of detail Maureen gave her about her cousin without asking any prompting questions was pretty impressive. She knew his name, how he passed, his age, and other details about his family and life. There was no way she could've known ant of that. Maybe she wasn't communicating with the dead, but she must have some serious intuitive or psychic abilities bc it was literally jaw dropping how accurate she was. I know someone else who had a similar experience with her.

I have not. im not sure......how about you? Probably relatives to help with genealogy is who I’d try to contact.
Lol, yeah.

"It is I, your great grandfather..."
"So, um, where were you born? What were your parents name? Did you have any siblings?"

I had 2 readings with https://georgeanderson.com/ years ago. I'm not saying I beleive it but he did tell me things that I have no idea how he would have known. This was before the internet so he didn't Google me. LOL

My sister saw a medium a few years ago and there were some strange things. In both of our cases the medium responded to specific things that we were saying to our deceased relative/friend on the way to the reading. It was a really weird coincidence.

There's another one in Massachusetts named Rita Berkowitz. She apparently is an artist and while she does your reading she draws a portrait of the loved one. A girl I worked with went to her and she said it was very accurate about her father and at the end of the picture that she drew looked exactly like him.

I've seen Maureen Hancock. She is local to Massachusetts. She does it in a group setting so no there is guarantee you'll get a reading. My friend got a message from her cousin who passed away at age 19. The level of detail Maureen gave her about her cousin without asking any prompting questions was pretty impressive. She knew his name, how he passed, his age, and other details about his family and life. There was no way she could've known ant of that. Maybe she wasn't communicating with the dead, but she must have some serious intuitive or psychic abilities bc it was literally jaw dropping how accurate she was. I know someone else who had a similar experience with her.
just curious when you did this group reading, did this lady know the names of the people who were going to attend?

Kind of, but unintentionally. We were in Gettysburg on a ghost tour and at one location there was a medium. He did call me out in the crowd asking some questions and making claims. I can;t recall the details as it was so long ago, but do recall thinking that some of his visions weren't too far off, and I was trying to not allow him to "read" me too.

I never did believe. Until I watched Tyler Henry. I think he’s different than the others. If anyone could get me to believe, it’s him.

Lol, yeah.

"It is I, your great grandfather..."
"So, um, where were you born? What were your parents name? Did you have any siblings?"
Ok I laughed at that! I should’ve been more clear about seeking help with genealogy. I would just be interested in finding out HOW someone ( a specific someone) died and where they were laid to rest.

Ok I laughed at that! I should’ve been more clear about seeking help with genealogy. I would just be interested in finding out HOW someone ( a specific someone) died and where they were laid to rest.
I was serious, though. I have several bottlenecks I have to go through. I have a great grandfather who's obituary just seems completely wrong (when he moved to the town where he eventually died in, etc). I'd like to talk to him. Also, I might actually be ethnically Jewish. I want to find that out too.

I've been to a few over the years with family members (living ones) but found them all ridiculous. Some were more entertaining than others but all were absolute rubbish when coming across with any concrete information. If they can talk to the dead, why do the dead want to convey a message about, for example, which laundry detergent they used. If they are con artists, they're not even very good at that.

I'd love to believe we could talk to loved ones who have passed but I just don't think Mediums are in any way credible. If it gives you comfort then fine, but I do think they are giving false hope to (and making money from) vulnerable and bereaved people.

I live about an hour away from a well known psychic community. I have had readings several times, but it has been quite a few years since I have been there. I know many people who have had readings. A few have been totally off. But I & my friends have had some really good readings, from several different readers over the years, describing people & events the readers could not know. I also have had what I call "signs" from deceased relatives over the years. Unique family names that pop up in strange places, things I have recieved from unusual sources that relate to passed family, pennies from heaven type stuff that only means something to me & my family members. Things don't just happen randomly, but rather at specific times in our lives. When I tell the the stories to people, they are usually stunned at the things that have happened.

I haven't had a reading in many years, but if I do go again, I'd like to hear from my dad. Yep, guess I am a believer! :laughing:

I was serious, though. I have several bottlenecks I have to go through. I have a great grandfather who's obituary just seems completely wrong (when he moved to the town where he eventually died in, etc). I'd like to talk to him. Also, I might actually be ethnically Jewish. I want to find that out too.
Did you do a dna test? My sister and uncle found out they have Jewish ancestors, so I’m guessing I’m 8% Jewish as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts