Have you ever traveled to a restaurant featured in a movie or series?

We ate at Mystic Pizza. We were in town and my daughter was dying to try it, though she had never seen the movie.

It was ehhh. Give me NY pizza any day.
I actually thought the pizza was pretty good, but I was really hungry too. I can't compare it to NY because I've never been there. They had all sorts of weird combos but we just stuck with pepperoni.

Off the top of my head, I've been to Cheers (at Faneuil Hall), Mystic Pizza, Serendipity in NYC, and Wahlburgers. I have also been to several places featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in the Southeastern, MA/RI area.
What did you think of Serendipity? I would love to try the frozen hot chocolate! My husband tried the Wahlburgers at Logan while waiting for our flight home and he enjoyed it.

The fine restaurant in the movie "Mrs Doubtfire" is in our area. Everyone knew about the filming & we finally made our way there after the hoopla died down.
Is that Bridges restaurant? I saw on yelp that it's actually in Danville. Was it any good? I would be willing to make the trip out there.

I forgot one- we took a trip to Oregon 3 years ago and visited Mt. Hood. We checked out the Timberline Lodge where exterior shots of The Shining were filmed. We sat upstairs at the bar and had a huge hot chocolate. It was so good!

I've been to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac, but I've never seen Somewhere in Time and our visit there had nothing to do with it being the setting of the movie.

I sometimes use Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives when I'm looking for a good restaurant in a particular area I'll be traveling in/through. We've mostly had good luck with featured restaurants, and it is easier to use on my phone because I resent Yelp's insistence that I need to have the app to navigate from mobile.

The one place I've been solely because it was featured in a fictional series is a coffee shop in the town where a lot of The Walking Dead filming takes place, Senoia, GA. We took a detour on our way to WDW to see it a couple of summers ago and plan to do the same again in March.

I've been to many in NYC, but I'm a local and they film in the area all the time, especially in Manhattan.

Katz's Deli- (famous scene from When Harry Met Sally)
The Rainbow Room (Sleepless in Seattle)
Cafe Lalo (You've Got Mail)
Soup Man place (from Seinfeld, "Soup Nazi")
Carnegie Deli
The Russian Tea Room
Tavern On The Green
Sardi's

And sadly, Windows On The World (top of WTC north tower) a couple times. I know at least one movie was filmed there, and there is a movie about it (based on the chef who survived 9/11) coming out soon.

Last edited:
We ate at Mystic Pizza. We were in town and my daughter was dying to try it, though she had never seen the movie.

We live close by and also think Mystic Pizza is not good. I'm originally from NY and hunting down what I consider real pizza is quite the disappointing challenge.
I've been to two DDD restaurants. One I've never tried the main featured item, and the other I've tried the main item but didn't like it nearly as much as many other things on the menu.

I live in Northern NJ and Cake Boss in Hoboken is not far from us.

My sister actually had them make her a wedding cake before the show was on the air. It was a pretty standard cake. Good, but not memorable.

Since the show has been on we've been in there a few times. The line is always around the block, so we only go if it is early in the morning or something.

The canolis are the best you'll ever have in your life. They also have these peanut butter cupcakes that are pretty great

Tavern on the Green. It makes a showing in Ghostbusters, Mr. Popper's Pequins amongst other movies. We didn't go there for that reason though.

The one restaurant I went to specifically because it was in a tv show was Coffee Prince Coffee Shop. It's from a Korean drama of the same name. I dragged my husband and son around Seoul asking directions in really bad Korean in my search for it. The whole time promising my 4 year old waffles when we got there because it was known for its waffles on the show. And we found it finally...with no waffles. Luckily they had chocaolate cake so 4 year old survived!

Tavern on the Green
Katz's Deli
Grays Papaya
Sardi's
Bull & Finch (Cheers)
Pompilios's (Rain Main restaurant where Bonnie Hunt dropped the straws and Dustin Hoffman counted them in seconds.) Hey, it's a big deal in Cincinnati, lol!

Katz's deli, Carnegie deli, Smith and Wolensky Steakhouse (was on Gaffigan's show) and a couple from DDD that are in our area.

I love watching Triple D, sometimes I have to mute it when Guy gets on my nerves though. I've looked at the website and there are quite a few I wouldn't mind trying. The only one I can think of in the Sacramento area-Gatsby's Diner, closed.

Squeeze Inn is in Sacramento. I've tried them and although it was good, it was just too much.
This sure doesn't count but it was still early am so sat across the street from Lisa Vanderpumps Villa Blanca drinking coffee and watching people go in and out and set up for lunch.

There is a frosty stand in Rio Linda. We were selling fireworks for Little League while the movie Breaking the Rules with Jason Bateman, Annie Potts, C Thomas Howell was filming across the street at the frostie (hamburger) stand. I ate there a lot growing up. Bill Clinton stopped there for chili after a townhall meeting.

I haven't been to Mystic Pozza in years. You are right, it isn't that great. I found the only one I like is meatball and onion. For some reason that one is really good.

Only other 2 I can think of off hand are Katz's deli and the coffe shop at The Mirage that was in Vegas Vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter