Have you ever went Christmas Caroling ?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
If so how long ago ?

I only did once, I was about 5-6 and a group of people stopped in front of our house and sang a couple songs. I never heard of this before, I asked my mom if I could go with them, she said if Paula goes (my sister who 5 years older), Paula said yes, we hurried and got dressed and went out. My first and only time

Never.

But oddly enough, Christmas Carollers came to our house for the first time ever last week. I wasn’t home, but my husband and kids said there were a lot of them and they were amazing singers.

I've never actually gone caroling just myself, but when ODD was in Girl Scouts her troop went caroling one year and I tagged along. That was about 10 years ago. This year YDD is going caroling at a retirement home.

Yes. I would have been about ten or so. I still remember it somewhat. I was also in the choir when I was younger and we went to the local bank and sang Christmas carols.

Lots of time as a kid. Girl Scouts, church and my cousins and I would go on Christmas Eve. We never did it for money. I am going to say over 40 years ago since I have been.

I am a youth leader in my church, and we took the girls out last year. We only went to houses of people we knew, and they had lots of fun. I am thinking of taking them again this year.

Our youth group would go caroling at the homes of "shut-ins" or the elderly. We all really enjoyed it, and I think those folks did also. I'd love to do it again.

When I was a child. A group of us in the neighborhood did it. We took any donations and gave them to charity. One year it was actually snowing lightly which made it kind of neat.

Probably.
Anyways, my husband gave them money and they left.
Oh boy, we could do a whole thread: How Much To Tip Christmas Carollers? ;)
In high school I was in a singing group and we'd go carolling, so I did it a few times. It was fun then because our group all liked each other and we were all into music. I wouldn't do it now, I'd just be cold.:cold:

Back when I was a kid. I didn't sing well then and I don't sing well now so you won't catch me caroling at all.

I’ve been many times with church groups. We never got any money. Never entered our minds that we might get any. We usually went to sing for shut-ins as a PP said. Once, a lady knew we were coming and her and her daughters had cookies, homemade candies and hot chocolate for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter