Have you ever...

kidani

The more you like yourself, the less you are like
Been able to book a DVC resort 30 days out (excluding SSR and OKW), especially Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club?

That's about when I booked July 6 and 7 in a 1BR Lake view. But that was the last leg of a AKV (1BR standard) POR, BLT split stay that we pieced together over a 2 month period. (Due to a late change in plans, POR was half availability, half lack of points)

Getting those 2 nights required us stalking the website a few times a day, and it probably did not hurt that 1BR lake view may be the easiest category to book.

I once booked a BWV standard studio for two nights in late January by calling in early January. It was actually a business trip for which I decided to turn the night times into being in WDW rather than downtown Orlando.

Been able to book a DVC resort 30 days out (excluding SSR and OKW), especially Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club?

There is a reason why people own several resorts. You may find availability but I wouldn't count on it.

:earsboy: Bill

There is a reason why people own several resorts. You may find availability but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't understand this statement. At thirty days, home resort priority is out the window. How would owning at multiple resorts be an asset?

We once made a same day reservation - we decided to leave home a day early, and had planned to spend the night 1/2 way but decided to drive all the way through the night - stopped for breakfast around 7:00am - and then called member services after breakfast. We were able to get one day at VWL - it was perfect, it is our favorite resort anyway!

We then spent one night at BLT, then 3 nights on the Wonder - and then 5 nights at AKL.

Great vacation, hope to repeat something similar next year!

I don't understand this statement. At thirty days, home resort priority is out the window. How would owning at multiple resorts be an asset?

True, I didn't think about the 30 day statement. :upsidedow

Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup2

I'm sure I have, since we live an hour away and I'm not exactly an advanced planner in most cases. I think I booked BCV last-minute for a night back in May.

I once booked a 2 bedroom for Labor Day the day before. It was during an airline strike, and the only way for us to use our tickets was to go a day early. I called MS and got the 2 bedroom extended by that night. I was pretty surprised to get a holiday night on such short notice. FYI, that was NOT at BLT though, because it was maybe 12 years before BLT was even built!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter