Have you heard of this air conditioning system?

We have a York. We did have some issues a couple of years ago, but it had to do with an installation problem. Since we got the right guys in to fix it, we've liked the unit itself.

Best time of year to replace depends on where you live. All of the homes we have owned had integrated heating & A/C. Sometime in the Spring when winter is over (so you don't need heat), but not yet warm enough for A/C is the best replacement time since you won't be uncomfortable (hot or cold) while they are doing the installation. In the middle of summer I would also imagine they are busy with service calls doing repairs at other homes where the A/C suddenly stopped working (similarly for heating in winter).

York is a good brand. I would run from a Goodman, it is a low end builder grade unit. They have a good warranty if you can get the parts. I personally replaced mine with a Bryant. When I first started with my new HVAC company for routine service the service guy said oh good you have a Carrier and not a Goodman because we can't get parts for Goodman and they are junk. The following year our 30 year old furnace and ac went out so we replaced with a high end Bryant, who makes Carrier, and we are very happy with our choice.

York is a really good brand. I had an air conditioner from them a while ago, and it was really good. The aircon I have now is decent too, but I had an incident lately. I have three aircon in my house and one aircon not blowing cold air at all. It is super annoying that the aircon on the kitchen works, but in my room, it is not blowing any cold air. I had to look for a solution to fix my issue, and luckily, I was able to find a really lovely website while I was browsing through the internet. They had all the information about aircons and how to fix them. Thanks to them, I was able to fix the aircon myself.
Awsome!
This reminded me, have you seen the recent push to create laws about "Right to Repair?" I rarely, if ever, pay attention to what the talking heads yammer on about but this totally caught my eye.

The following year our 30 year old furnace and ac went out so we replaced with a high end Bryant, who makes Carrier, and we are very happy with our choice.
Actually, Carrier makes Bryant. They bought Bryant and shut down their factories and started putting the Bryant name on units they make in their plant.

I think Goodman is the brand that Lowes sells. I remember skiing it when we were researching new HVAC systems last fall. It's an offshoot of one of the major brands. Just can't remember which one. I have heard of York, but have no experience with it. We went with Trane and are very happy with our system

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter