Have you left a well paying job/career for something less stressful?

I left a very high pressure, high stress job in the medical field for something far less stressful which paid FAR less with FAR fewer benefits. (I wasn't a nurse, but I worked with a lot of them. They had way more stress than I did.)

At the end of the day, I had to ask myself what was more important - my job and it's fine $ and beneifts - and yes, I was very good at what I did - or my own health/sanity? And in the end, I decided that it was in my best interests to take a job with less stress. It meant some lifestyle changes, but even with less income I'm way happier.

I had a moderately stressful job for many years when DW got a really good job in another city. I threw in the towel and went with her and found two great/low-stress jobs that I loved (one part-time/one full-time.) We moved again for DW's job and I've been retired ever since. :)

Last edited:
I didn't, but my DH did. He walked away from 5 weeks vacation, pretty good insurance to go to horrible insurance, 1 week vacation, about 30% less pay a week. He also gave up 16 hour days for 9 hour days and bosses that don't use age discrimination for a work place where everyone is about the same age as he is. He is so much happier and much less stressed. It has been a year and it was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter