Have you tried the Impossible Burger or any of the other Impossible Foods products?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
https://impossiblefoods.com/
I had listened to a podcast, http://freakonomics.com/podcast/meat/, that got me interested in trying an Impossible Burger. Tonight at Buffalo's it was on the menu so I ordered it.

It really does look, feel, and taste just like a cow based hamburger. I am not sure if it will ultimately end up better for the environment then the meat industry or better for the body then red meat but it is certainly a viable alternative for me.

The Impossible Burger is AMAZING! I’ve had it in several restaurants and can’t wait until hopefully next year when it will be available in stores. The Beyond Meat burgers that are in stores now are decent and I really liked them until I had the Impossible Burger which is far superior.

I haven't had the Impossible Burger, but I've had the Beyond Burger and think it's quite good. But even more than the Beyond Burger, I like the Beyond Sausage ... they have Italian and Bratwurst, and they are both great!

Impossible not to try it.
They were giving away samples left and right when it was first introduced.
It was okay.
My vegetarian daughter however, prefers other veggie burger options. Our favorite burger places all seem to have their own, homemade veggie patty.
Her view, if she wanted a burger that was like beef, she'd just order the beef.

I’ve been vegetarian 22 years and vegan for 7. I’ve had both the Impossible burger and the Beyind burger. They both taste as close to a real burger as I can remember. Sometimes I can’t eat it because it it tastes too much like a real burger.

I’ve converted all the meat eaters in my family to eating the beyond burger exclusively at home now. On the bbq they all say you can’t tell the difference between that an a real hamburger.
The pic is turned sideways for some reason but here is a double one my daughters boyfriend bbq’d the other day
2BC5AD11-6BD5-493C-86EB-99168738C31B.jpeg

As a vegetarian, I don't care for either the Impossible or Beyond burgers. They're just too meaty for me and it's too difficult to differentiate from a meat burger. I guess that's kind of the point, but it makes me more nervous eating out since I can't clearly tell if my burger actually is vegetarian or if they messed up and gave me a meat burger (which unfortunately happens way more than it should). I do wish they'd do something to make them look a little different. I also wish it wasn't becoming the new standard for all vegetarian substitutes to taste like meat. It's great for meat eaters who want to lower their meat consumption, but not so great for vegetarians who don't like the taste of meat.

I don't think I've had the impossible burger, but I have had the Beyond burger. My daughter came home from school somewhat recently and said she wanted to cut back on beef. I don't think it's just like beef, but my daughter is open to it. She also seems open to more healthy options like salads, so I'm happy to support her on her attempt to make a better choice for herself and the planet. Baby steps!

I do wish they'd do something to make them look a little different.
What would be some good ways to do this and still have it be appealing? I mean, my first thought was, "make it a different color" but what other color looks appetizing as a burger?

We've tried, but they are very very popular where I live and impossible to get right now. Hoping when I travel to a different part of the country with a vegetarian friend later this month I'll be able to try one!

As a vegetarian, I don't care for either the Impossible or Beyond burgers. They're just too meaty for me and it's too difficult to differentiate from a meat burger.
The impossible burger was not created for vegetarians, it was created for meat eaters.

The goal is to give a viable alternative for meat eaters so that intensive meat farming can be eliminated. Meat farming has become extremely efficient but still has a very large negative impact on the environment.

I have - we have had them at Burger, Burger and they are GREAT there. I was a veg for many years, went back to eating meat, and then have been veg for 10 months now, again. I miss California burgers, and Burger Burger does them JUST right.

However, I got the Impossible Burger sliders at White Castle and I didn't care for them. I love me some sliders, so I was hoping these would be thin, steamed, with onion/pickles just like a meat-based slider, and they weren't . They were dry, no seasoning, no steaming, no onions. Disappointing.

White Castle is of the gods, so don't come at me about that ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter