Haven’t been in 10 years

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
My Disney Annual Passes are going to expire and we are probably not renewing so I thought it would be a good time to visit Sea World again. But the last time I was there was sometime around 2008/2009 so it’s been a really long time. Not sure how to plan. Do they have fast passes for rides? Are there good restaurants there and do they require reservations? Do we need to Uber plan like we do for Disney or could we just show up?

I love Sea World for being a just show up park.

There is a Quick Queue option. I've never used it but it's available. I can't speak to restaurants because I've only done the quick service stuff and it was adequate.

A gentle bump to push your thread to the top of the forum

Hope others will see it and be able to guide you

I would help but have not been in a few years and not current with info you need

You can just show up. There is a fast pass type option for a price.

I suggest you have a good look around the sea world orlando site.
Is fast pass needed for the rides? We would be there on a weekend, so I'm guessing it would be a little crowded?

Week-ends will always be busier than the weekdays. But, how busy it is depends on when you are planning to go. We went on week-ends in November/December and we did not need thie QQ system. Likely holiday week-ends and busier crowd times might be a wise time to use it.

Is fast pass needed for the rides? We would be there on a weekend, so I'm guessing it would be a little crowded?
If you're big into coasters, you might want Quick Queues to get in several rides. You might also look into staying at a SeaWorld partner hotel, which will provide you with a limited Quick Queue with one-time use on the major rides.

As far as planning, it largely depends on which shows you want to see. They have show descriptions and times on the website. Along with a the park map, this should be all you need to plan your day.

If you're big into coasters, you might want Quick Queues to get in several rides. You might also look into staying at a SeaWorld partner hotel, which will provide you with a limited Quick Queue with one-time use on the major rides.

As far as planning, it largely depends on which shows you want to see. They have show descriptions and times on the website. Along with a the park map, this should be all you need to plan your day.
Thanks! I think a one-time use would work and we do need a hotel so that would work perfectly.

Week-ends will always be busier than the weekdays. But, how busy it is depends on when you are planning to go. We went on week-ends in November/December and we did not need thie QQ system. Likely holiday week-ends and busier crowd times might be a wise time to use it.
Will probably be sometime in summer, not sure yet. Our Disney passes expire in May so sometime after that.

We have used it a couple of times but never felt it was a must have.

The last time we had it was Thanksgiving last year and it maybe saved 10 min a ride. We were there on a fri and sat.

You do not need to buy it ahead of time. You could go see how things look and buy it if needed.

There is only one restaurant that requires reservations (Up-Close Dine with the pilot whales and orcas). Shark's Underwater Grill is the other fancier restaurant, but I don't know if advance reservations can be made (never gone there)

There is only one restaurant that requires reservations (Up-Close Dine with the pilot whales and orcas). Shark's Underwater Grill is the other fancier restaurant, but I don't know if advance reservations can be made (never gone there)
I think I might have eaten at the shark restaurant, it’s a big fish tank right? The whale one sounds interesting

I've been to Sea World 3 times in the past 2 years and I've found I didn't need to plan anything - just show up and enjoy. If you're interested in seeing all the shows, you may want to look at the schedule and plan that out when you arrive but that's about it. And I'm not sure if I've just been lucky but the crowds were really low when I've been there (April & September) and all the coasters were pretty much walk-ons. So if you're interested in purchasing Quick Que to skip the lines, I'd wait until you're in the park that day to see if you really need it.

I've been to Sea World 3 times in the past 2 years and I've found I didn't need to plan anything - just show up and enjoy. If you're interested in seeing all the shows, you may want to look at the schedule and plan that out when you arrive but that's about it. And I'm not sure if I've just been lucky but the crowds were really low when I've been there (April & September) and all the coasters were pretty much walk-ons. So if you're interested in purchasing Quick Que to skip the lines, I'd wait until you're in the park that day to see if you really need it.
That sounds great! I'm so used to having to uber plan for Disney so it would be nice to just show up and go.

We just went on the 2 parks for 99 deal and added all you can dine on the 2 adult tickets. It was the greatest vacation day. I totally recommend all you can dine. It was awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts