Having difficulties with the Disney World website

Wendy McCoy

One Little Spark
The last hour or so, when I try to look at anything on it, the site directs me to a European one (I'm in America and never even been to Europe) and won't let me log in for some reason. Is anyone having this issue?

The last hour or so, when I try to look at anything on it, the site directs me to a European one (I'm in America and never even been to Europe) and won't let me log in for some reason. Is anyone having this issue?
Yes, I manually changed from EU to US (there's a small icon that looks a bit like a globe in the upper right area), and when I changed it, it fixed the issue.

I'm 99.9% sure that's not what happened in this case, unless they changed the main link on Google. I never click on new links, no unrecognized links, but it redirected to the EU site, you could see it happen if you were watching.

I'm 99.9% sure that's not what happened in this case, unless they changed the main link on Google. I never click on new links, no unrecognized links, but it redirected to the EU site, you could see it happen if you were watching.
The link I'm talking about comes from someone on here, or on Facebook, 99.99% of the time. I've even seen it happen with bloggers or from Twitter some. Those they usually know to switch the links before posting sometimes errors happen.
They don't mean for it to happen but that poster is in the EU and posts a link asking for help, or even sharing info, and presto, that EU link is on your PC and you don't even know it. That's not to say that it can't just happen ever, just that it doesn't usually work that way.

The link I'm talking about comes from someone on here, or on Facebook, 99.99% of the time. I've even seen it happen with bloggers or from Twitter some. Those they usually know to switch the links before posting sometimes errors happen.
They don't mean for it to happen but that poster is in the EU and posts a link asking for help, or even sharing info, and presto, that EU link is on your PC and you don't even know it. That's not to say that it can't just happen ever, just that it doesn't usually work that way.
Ah, yeah, for me I clicked on a Google link I use all the time, so it was a glitch. It was either a Google issue, or a Disney website issue.

Ah, yeah, for me I clicked on a Google link I use all the time, so it was a glitch. It was either a Google issue, or a Disney website issue.
You never know what happens with those Google links. Sometimes they can be altered since often, it's driven by some other internal code based on hits and popularity. I've had some take me places that weren't the same as past clicks every once in a while.

Remembered that it was reverting to the EU site even when directly typing in the US address into the address bar, which means the website was acting up.

It's definitely a problem, especially on mobile, where the language/region swap doesn't even work. You have to clear cache to get back to the US site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter