Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Gold Sign up next Friday (Thurs middle of the night for most) - Make your first , second,third and fourth choices for each port - decide what is important to you and book that first as things book up fast with this cruise - I have a hunch Disney is holding back spots for each level but I COULD be wrong. I hope I am not.

We're currently signed up to do K38 Best of Maui and Goodies Port Excursion. However, I am having second thoughts as it is quite expensive ($301pp). Perhaps it's actually a great value - I would love to know that as well! :-) If not, any recommendations for a similar, more cost-effective tour for the day? We're not opposed to non-DCL tours.

Here's the description:
On this adventure you will…

• Depart the pier in Kahului and travel 30 minutes to I'ao Valley to visit the most well-known and beautiful gorge on the "Valley Isle." See the iconic I'ao Needle, a 2,250-foot cinder cone pinnacle that pierces through the clouds and dominates its lush surroundings.
  • Travel to the Maui Tropical Plantation, where you'll enjoy a fully narrated 40-minute tram tour through macadamia nut orchards, agricultural villages, sugar cane fields and flower gardens.
  • Enjoy a delicious lunch on the plantation grounds.
  • Continue on to the Maui Ocean Center and experience an underwater journey that gives you an up-close look at some of the beautiful creatures only found in Hawaii's waters.
  • Receive some of Maui's specialty "goodies," from Mochi and Guri Guri, to take home with you.
  • Return to Kahului and the pier, where you can board the ship or explore Kahului.

Last edited:
We're currently signed up to do K38 Best of Maui and Goodies Port Excursion. However, I am having second thoughts as it is quite expensive ($301pp). Perhaps it's actually a great value - I would love to know that as well! :-) If not, any recommendations for a similar, more cost-effective tour for the day? We're not opposed to non-DCL tours.

Here's the description:

• Depart the pier in Kahului and travel 30 minutes to I'ao Valley to visit the most well-known and beautiful gorge on the "Valley Isle." See the iconic I'ao Needle, a 2,250-foot cinder cone pinnacle that pierces through the clouds and dominates its lush surroundings.
  • Travel to the Maui Tropical Plantation, where you'll enjoy a fully narrated 40-minute tram tour through macadamia nut orchards, agricultural villages, sugar cane fields and flower gardens.
  • Continue on to the Maui Ocean Center and experience an underwater journey that gives you an up-close look at some of the beautiful creatures only found in Hawaii's waters.
  • Receive some of Maui's specialty "goodies," from Mochi and Guri Guri, to take home with you.
  • Return to Kahului and the pier, where you can board the ship or explore Kahului.
We are one this one too. Everything is expensive....

Here's the description:

Have you priced out renting a car and doing this on your own? We are renting a car and going to I'ao Valley and maybe Plantation.

Gold Sign up next Friday (Thurs middle of the night for most) - Make your first , second,third and fourth choices for each port - decide what is important to you and book that first as things book up fast with this cruise - I have a hunch Disney is holding back spots for each level but I COULD be wrong. I hope I am not.

Will be checking in at midnight for PAT and character breakfast. Have already rented cars in each port so all set there.

Look at your options and pick the one you really want to do - if your more comfortable with Disney as I am - stick with them . But choose what you really want so you have no regrets - I’ve done very expensive excursion in Alaska helicopter to glacier sled with dogs - no regrets not like I’ll do it again and I enjoyed it a lot pick what you really really want to do and enjoy!! 😎

Only you can decide if it is worth it - that is something that each person decides I may think nope and others may think it is worth that and then some - it really depends on what you really would like to do - this cruise is expensive as was Alaska but hey how often are you going to do this? As for me more than likely just this one time ! Make the most of it and feel great about your choices if you have doubts it may not be the right choice - good luck !! Let us know what you decide !!

Here's the description:

Have you looked at:
Iao Valley & Maui Tropical Plantation (KA03) for $129 pp.
  • Take a 30-minute narrated drive from Kahului to Iao Valley State Park.
  • Enjoy a guided walk in the park, where you'll view an impressive valley and beyond. One of the highlights of the park is the Iao Needle, a 2,250-foot cinder cone pinnacle that dominates the surrounding lush terrain.
  • Travel to one of Maui's most interesting sights, the Maui Tropical Plantation. Take a 40-minute fully narrated Tropical Express tram tour of the plantation's fruit fields and flower gardens. Enjoy a fresh fruit snack with Maui Gold pineapple.
  • There is also time to browse in the Made-On Maui Marketplace before returning to the ship.
It is the same minus lunch and Maui Ocean Center.

Have you looked at:
Iao Valley & Maui Tropical Plantation (KA03) for $129 pp.
  • Take a 30-minute narrated drive from Kahului to Iao Valley State Park.
  • Enjoy a guided walk in the park, where you'll view an impressive valley and beyond. One of the highlights of the park is the Iao Needle, a 2,250-foot cinder cone pinnacle that dominates the surrounding lush terrain.
  • Travel to one of Maui's most interesting sights, the Maui Tropical Plantation. Take a 40-minute fully narrated Tropical Express tram tour of the plantation's fruit fields and flower gardens. Enjoy a fresh fruit snack with Maui Gold pineapple.
  • There is also time to browse in the Made-On Maui Marketplace before returning to the ship.
It is the same minus lunch and Maui Ocean Center.
thank you!

FISH EXTENDER SIGN UP WILL CLOSE FEB 15

Fish Extender - Family - Who is in

1. WDWEPCOT - DH & Myself - Cabin - 7610
2. BelleInBlue - Melissa & Steve - Cabin - 2133
3. Disneycrazy43 - Howard & Victoria Levy, Francine (21), Griffin (24) - Cabin - 8036
4. FamilyofFive - DH , DD (11) , DS (7), DS (1) & Myself - Cabin - 8012
5. S.Martin - DH, DS (4), DS (3) & Myself - Cabin - 7131
6. So Cal Crew - DM, DS, DN (18) - Cabin - 8000
7. So Cal Crew - DH, DD (21) , DD (20) & Myself - Cabin - 8004
8. Southerngirl528 - DH & Myself - Cabin - ??
9. SpaceCanada - Kyle (M) (Snow White) & Jennifer (F) (ShellyMay) Cabin - 2594
10. A.Lau - AL, ML, KC & KL - Cabin 7010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Ahain - Harry (M) , Anita (F) & Caitlyn (F) (22) - Cabin - 5648
2. Diznymom - Charlie (M) & Deborah - Cabin - 8256
3. Kelsanna - Sarah - (F) Beauty & Beast & Kelsey (f) Percy - Cabin - 2060
4. Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Cabin - ??
5. S.Martin - DH & Myself - Cabin - 7131
6. A. Lau - AL, ML, KC & KL - Cabin 7010

Last edited:
please help to add me in Fish extender. Thank you!

A.Lau - AL, ML, KC & KL - Cabin 7010

Last edited:
I bought the two Aulani ambiance soundtracks/albums from iTunes today and have been listening to them all morning. The CDs were sold out on our last visit. I love hearing familiar Disney songs sung in Hawaiian.

Reminder: GOLD booking window opens tomorrow (Thursday) night!

Last edited:
As an FYI to our new members - please make sure you have at least 10 post so you can receive private messages
The FE listing will be going out via private message after it closes Feb 15
You can post in this thread to up your count!
Thanks!!
Thank you for your reminder ^^

Ooh Aulani music sounds wonderful ! I have the Animal Kingdom Lodge soundtrack CD and love listening to it!!

Thursday Midnight Gold sign up / who’s in?? I plan on napping when I get home since I get up at 4:30 AM
Good Luck everyone !! I sure hope Disney is holding things back for each level !!! 😳

Thursday Midnight Gold sign up / who’s in?? I plan on napping when I get home since I get up at 4:30 AM
Good Luck everyone !! I sure hope Disney is holding things back for each level !!! 😳
I'm on it! On PST so I'll be logging in at 9:00pm. I'm guessing the tastings will be gone, we'll have to sign up for those on board. But who knows?

It's 9 PM for us, too. Our top priority will be character experiences for check in. We can do our own thing in each port if need be, Palo isn't exciting with multiple food allergies, and we don't drink alcohol. I guess that keeps it easy for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter