Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Ok I’m done for now ! I booked something for Hilo after it let me try and book what I really wanted to come back and say unavailable ugh I messed with the other days then went back to Hilo and got my 2nd choice which was on our list as Sold Out so yeah !! I’m going to the volcano and I’m going to be a Junior Ranger!! I got my 2nd choice for Maui but couldn’t find anything for the other port and we are there 2 days - I booked a couple nature things I may not keep them.
No Palo brunch but could get dinner if I wanted one (I don’t)
No champagne tasting 😠
I did notice that excursions I reviewed were not even listed - not that they were sold out they just were not even available (?) one of them I had picked for our double port day kind of sad about that.
It went better than I expected so I’m good. I expect some shifting do keep checking and you may get what you want
Never hurts to inquire once on the ship either!! Good Luck 😎

Last edited:
Am I really spending 2K on excursions? o_O

Managed to grab most of what we wanted, might switch things up if availability opens on certain ones but overall this trip is going to be awesome!

Reactions: NAB
The number listed by the sold out is the Disney number for each excursion under Port Adventures if you have other questions PM me and I’ll be happy to go over it with you!

How can I find the list for the excursion? As I am Silver, I can't book now. Thanks a lot!

Go to Disney Cruise website
Go to Destinations
Go to Port Adventures
Go to Hawaii
You can filter by each port or look at them all at once - I like to filter
if someone has another way - please let us know !! Thanks

Don't forget to book your VIP Character Breakfast, Frozen Gathering & Princess Gathering on sea days! I totally spaced it after waking up to grab excursions, and just now circled back to reserved our times/dates.

We booked the character experiences first, because we cannot get those anywhere else. But it probably cost us our shore excursions. At least we can go see the islands in other ways and book tours elsewhere. Now to research alternatives.

I tried for tastings first. Had the mixology one for the non-sea day but it bumped into an excursion we wanted so I released it. Got 1 Palo dinner, no brunch, but I am not too unhappy about that. Palo brunch is bad for my health. Got character breakfast on first sea day. Didn't get any primary choices for excursions. I've never seen this before. I would have expected reasonable availability because the ship will not be at full capacity as I imagine it will be a reduced number of kids than peak times. And yes, I'm also shocked at how much we'll be paying for excursions. That's a first as well. I might cancel one or two due to $$$.

We also got a PAT of 12pm. That was about 30 minutes into gold booking. Maybe a little less.

I booked my breakfast this morning ! Didn’t even think about it last night after doing my online checkin I was done for the night!! I’m passing on characters I’ve done them several times so someone else can take that .

12:00 is the earliest PAT from what DCL told me. If you have Disney transfers from the airport or Aulani you couldn’t select a PAT, so I guess we board whenever we arrive. Sounds good to me.

I was frustrated that the excursion I wanted in Hilo didn’t say sold out but wouldn’t let me book it as it would go all way to save then say it was unavailable
I got decent times on the rest - my breakfast is earlier than I would have liked
I’ve never seen a cruise where so many do Disney excursions crazy
The prices are like Alaska - high - I tried to keep it with one high one and the rest low like I did in Alaska it just gets to be too much - I really wanted to do helicopter tour but they were way too much for my budget
Shocking all the Palo brunches are booked makes me wonder if you can get one on the ship?? No tastings either ugh again will you be able to get one on the ship? Then there is the spa - jeez I don’t even want to think about trying to get into that !! After I get home Monday from getting the puppy I’m going to review what I booked and see - I know I’m keeping Hilo but may switch the others - although not much left
I will say excursions we had marked sold out did pop up as available thou not all of them so some peeps were switching things around - keep checking you may be able to snag what you want!!👍

I logged in just now and got both shore excursions we wanted: kayaking in Hilo and a waterfall hike in Maui! Keep checking, as spaces may pop up.

The Hilo tour is a better time than what we had tried to get last night, even, giving us the whole afternoon to do our own thing instead of splitting our day up.

What a roller coaster ride this has been. Crazy!

Also, I need puppy photos! What type of puppy are you getting? Yours to keep or are you just providing transportation?

I’m so happy for you ! I’m do glad you got what you wanted !
yup puppy for me ! Doberman he’s 8 weeks old- 16 pounds!!
I hope the pic worked !! I’ll have better ones after I pick him up - we are leaving in a couple hours - about just short of 11 hour drive

Attachments

• 250E2936-7B1F-4852-8BF1-3551935B4C03.jpeg
    250E2936-7B1F-4852-8BF1-3551935B4C03.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 3
Now if we could get Palo that would be a miracle !!! I have low hopes for that or champagne tasting - I think I used up my luck with my Hilo excursion which I’m very happy with !! If I could find something interesting to do in the Port that we are in for 2 days now that would be nice - what did y’all pick ??

What an adorable puppy!!!

We booked a private helicopter tour in Kauai, followed by a car rental and private surf lessons in Hanalei Bay. We have a long list of fun things to explore on our own. I have to get a long run in sometime one of those days, too.

Now if we could get Palo that would be a miracle !!! I have low hopes for that or champagne tasting - I think I used up my luck with my Hilo excursion which I’m very happy with !! If I could find something interesting to do in the Port that we are in for 2 days now that would be nice - what did y’all pick ??
Cute puppy!

Have you looked at Shore Trips? They have a lot of great options and while not DCL excursions they do have good reviews. https://www.shoretrips.com/excursions/region-haw/hawaii-cruise-excursions

I’m so happy for you ! I’m do glad you got what you wanted !
yup puppy for me ! Doberman he’s 8 weeks old- 16 pounds!!
I hope the pic worked !! I’ll have better ones after I pick him up - we are leaving in a couple hours - about just short of 11 hour drive
Such a cute puppy. We got out great dane Mickey Mouse at 8 weeks old and he was 27lbs. now that he is an adult he weighs 175lbs. Gotta love big dogs.

For Nawiliwili we booked the Luau the 1st day and the best of kauai the second. We are limited on excursions because our kids are so young and my MIL has mobility issues.

I have to get a long run in sometime one of those days, too.

Another runner on board, awesome! Just got done with the WDW Marathon. I run every day, and am planning on doing a 10 Day, 100K challenge while on this cruise. All my runs will be early morning on the deck 4 track before/during sunrise. Say hi if you see me or if anyone's looking for running mates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!