Hawaii 2020, really sold out?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I just found out about the Hawaii cruises on the Wonder in April and May of 2020. They're on the Disney website but when you click "View prices" on them you get a 'page not found' error. I found them listed on the Dreams Unlimited site, but when I requested a quote got a strangely formatted email saying my cruise was completely sold out, and I should look into another resort (which makes no sense).

Is the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise really sold out? If so, is there any chance they'll offer it again?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/hawaii/

I just found out about the Hawaii cruises on the Wonder in April and May of 2020. They're on the Disney website but when you click "View prices" on them you get a 'page not found' error. I found them listed on the Dreams Unlimited site, but when I requested a quote got a strangely formatted email saying my cruise was completely sold out, and I should look into another resort (which makes no sense).

Is the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise really sold out? If so, is there any chance they'll offer it again?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/hawaii/
Yes, they sold out I think before the public could book. Rooms keep opening up so If you really want the cruise keep looking. I wouldn't be surprised if some rooms open up after the summer itineraries are released.

I believe they are. They were VERY popular and sold out within the first couple days of early booking - before reaching public booking or even Silver CC members, if I recall. There may be rooms that open as people change plans. Here is another thread specifically about the Hawaii cruises: https://www.disboards.com/threads/hawaii-2020-questions-bring-em-on.3709889/

Enjoy your cruise!

We're hoping for additional Hawaii itineraries in the next release, but who knows if that will happen or not.

If it’s in the next release it will be in September 2020. They are not going to cut Alaska early for Hawaii. In sep 2015 the Hawaii cruises sold very badly. They were almost giving the cruises away to cast members and still couldn’t fill the ships. I was on one of the cruises it’s a great cruise.some people did both Hawaii cruises.

My family and I are silver members and when opening day bookings for Hawaii came the rooms were completely sold out :(
I keep looking and so far no luck in getting a room....but I will keep checking :)

I am in the FB group for one of these sailings as we bookd the westbound. People seem to be dropping like flies lately.. so things are opening up a bit here and there. I guess many booked even without knowing if they could go or school schedules.. Many are also commenting how chances are they will have to cancel to to committments...

wierd as I for one would never book if I wasn't somewhat sure if I could go. why set youself up for disappointment.. Only thing keeping us from going is health.

I am in the FB group for one of these sailings as we bookd the westbound. People seem to be dropping like flies lately.. so things are opening up a bit here and there. I guess many booked even without knowing if they could go or school schedules.. Many are also commenting how chances are they will have to cancel to to committments...

wierd as I for one would never book if I wasn't somewhat sure if I could go. why set youself up for disappointment.. Only thing keeping us from going is health.
Well, because they knew if they didn’t book then, they would have little chance of booking later. We have booked a number of cruises “in case”... knowing that we could move sail dates if needed.

We are Gold CC members and our TA booked us a room the first thing that second morning. By noon, people were posting that the ship was sold out. Silver and general public didn't even have a chance yet.

A lot of people have reported that they have GTY rooms.

However, like mentioned above, people are backing out and rooms become available every once in a while.

IMHO this is one instance where a good TA would be handy to have in order to book a room

BTW a concierge was avail. day before yesterday for 33,000

I saw that, and I was surprised. I thought concierge rooms had non-refundable deposits. If that's the case, the person would be out $3,300. Then again, if the person can afford $33,000 for a cruise, then maybe $3,300 is a drop in the bucket for them.

Also surprised that it got taken again so soon.

I must’ve been very lucky as I am silver only and I was able to get a oceanview room. I think maybe I was one of the few silver that got rooms

I'm amazed how quickly this cruise sold out. My DH is gold so I logged into his account to book the cruise opening day and got a room. We are ones that might not end up sailing, but grabbed just in case. I want to have a baby soon so it'll really depend on when I get pregnant if I can or can't, but we won't know until a lot closer to the cruise. I'm hoping to go.

How is everyone checking for availability? Do you just go on the website every few days and try to book a room?

I saw that, and I was surprised. I thought concierge rooms had non-refundable deposits. If that's the case, the person would be out $3,300. Then again, if the person can afford $33,000 for a cruise, then maybe $3,300 is a drop in the bucket for them.

Also surprised that it got taken again so soon.

They are non refundable yes, But you change reservation, so same reservation# but different cruise altogether, I have done it in past, and will be doing it for upcoming Alaska cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter