Hawaii 2020

I hope they don’t double up shows on sea days! I want a different show every night! Hopefully unique shows since everyone on the boat is a repeat cruiser. I am hoping for the premium price we will get premium Disney! I wish it was this May....such a long time to wait!
I found and PRINTED all the navigators ( online on the blog site) from the 2015 cruise... each night was a different show.. many show acts , musicans, comedy, magic etc.... from the 10 night 3 disney shows.. Golden Mickey, Toy story musical and dreams.

I found and PRINTED all the navigators ( online on the blog site) from the 2015 cruise... each night was a different show.. many show acts , musicans, comedy, magic etc.... from the 10 night 3 disney shows.. Golden Mickey, Toy story musical and dreams.

When did DCL start showing the same acts/shows on more than one night. IIRC, it's been more recent than 2015. When we cruised DCL to Hawaii (round trip) they had different entertainment each night, but again, that was before DCL started repeating shows on shorter cruises. Our favorite show on the Hawaiian cruise was when the local hula school performed for us. Kids ranging from ages (about) 3-18. The little kids were so cute. The older girls were so graceful.

When did DCL start showing the same acts/shows on more than one night. IIRC, it's been more recent than 2015. When we cruised DCL to Hawaii (round trip) they had different entertainment each night, but again, that was before DCL started repeating shows on shorter cruises. Our favorite show on the Hawaiian cruise was when the local hula school performed for us. Kids ranging from ages (about) 3-18. The little kids were so cute. The older girls were so graceful.
The double night showing of the shows was about a month or two ago. It appears it may have been "just a test" as the Dream is back to the 3 different shows on her cruises.

The repeat shows were pretty much all summer--I know it was repeat shows on the Wonder and Magic then. I'm glad it's back to normal...just wish 'we' didn't have repeat shows on our Magic Northern European this past summer. I had looked at past navigators and was looking forward to some of the more unique shows they've had in Europe in the past...oh well...maybe next time...I can only hope!

Glad to hear you both loved the Concierge on the Magic and Fantasy. We've only done Concierge once before in 2013 on the Dream - in a Cat T and my DH has been trying to talk me into booking that category ever since. It's a big commitment to justify the added expense and I really went back and forth on it. I finally gave in to my DH's arm twisting. He is definitely the lounge lizard! But he's not done working on me to go for the Cat T. (provided one opens up)

The concierge experience was amazing, but for an extra SEVERAL thousand $$$, not sure if we will do it again. But so thankful I got to experience it! It was awesome! But for me, as wonderful as the concierge hosts and the lounge was, the Cat T was ridiculous! A gorgeous suite by any standards!

We were spoiled on the Dream with the cabins adjacent to the lounge. The Wonder doesn't have that option, so I chose a stateroom between the Mid and Forward elevators which seemed the most convenient and easily accessible to the concierge area.

We just went online and viewed that 2nd story glassed in area as well as the private sun deck and I'm so glad we booked it. We're really looking forward to cruising Hawaii this way.

You are going to LOVE that lounge area on the Wonder on all those sea days. I'm a tad jealous. :cutie: It was not concierge on the 2012 and 2015 sailings so I did get to very much enjoy it then. ::yes::

Once we rented a car on Mallorca. On way back to our hotel we decided to take the coastal/ mountainous route. What took we had figured out to be 45 min almost 2.5 hrs!! Curvy, scary dirt roads. My DD said be happy it got dark, as I would have had a panic attack as we were very close to some coastal cliffs on those turns. We missed dinner that night .

THAT is precisely the type of thing I was talking about! I can say from experience that an accident on the pali highway on Maui can tie up traffic for hours. Same thing on Kauai. These 2 lane roads that wind around mountains are the ONLY way in and out of areas in many cases. If they get closed, good luck Charlie.... :crazy2:

I hope they don’t double up shows on sea days! I want a different show every night!

Me too!!! :thumbsup2

I hope they don’t double up shows on sea days! I want a different show every night! Hopefully unique shows since everyone on the boat is a repeat cruiser. I am hoping for the premium price we will get premium Disney! I wish it was this May....such a long time to wait!

Agree 100%! I loved the special Hawaiian and Polynesian entertainment they had on previous Hawaii sailings! :goodvibes

Wow! You had 'em ALL??? I'm impressed! :flower:

:thanks:You rock!
Heading over there right now!

Well, there is at least one or 2 people here on the DCL forums that actually LIVE in Hawaii, and I know there are folks like me that love Hawaii that will be awesome to help with any questions people going on the Hawaii cruises might have.

You are going to LOVE that lounge area on the Wonder on all those sea days. I'm a tad jealous. :cutie: It was not concierge on the 2012 and 2015 sailings so I did get to very much enjoy it then. ::yes::

This was, IMO, a sad change when the Wonder was refurbished. Previously, the Outlook area was open to all, and this was especially appreciated when we sailed to Alaska several years ago with my great aunt. She would not of been able to enjoy the scenery in Tracy Arm without being able to sit inside. Unfortunately, that would no longer be an option for her. I do find it disappointing that Disney took an area that was available to everyone, and has now limited it to just a few. I guess if we sail to Alaska again, and she came with us, we could sit in the fitness center...

Hey mousefan73, HappilyEverAfter80 has requested Navigators from previous Hawaii cruises. Since you are a rock star and have them, might you be able to post some or all on the "Hawaii 2020 Questions? Bring 'Em On!" thread that was created this evening? Mahalo! :flower3:

Hey mousefan73, HappilyEverAfter80 has requested Navigators from previous Hawaii cruises. Since you are a rock star and have them, might you be able to post some or all on the "Hawaii 2020 Questions? Bring 'Em On!" thread that was created this evening? Mahalo! :flower3:
Aww thanks :)
Found some on DCL blog, princess Schmoo directed me there and he has some!

THAT is precisely the type of thing I was talking about! I can say from experience that an accident on the pali highway on Maui can tie up traffic for hours. Same thing on Kauai. These 2 lane roads that wind around mountains are the ONLY way in and out of areas in many cases. If they get closed, good luck Charlie.... :crazy2:

Me too!!! :thumbsup2

Agree 100%! I loved the special Hawaiian and Polynesian entertainment they had on previous Hawaii sailings! :goodvibes

Wow! You had 'em ALL??? I'm impressed! :flower:
I found them online. Dome dusney cruise blog has a library of past navigators

Nope I’m not a rockstar, just someone was bored at work today and had time to Google search and print about 25 pages front /back

Last edited:
I set my alarm for 11:55 P.M. last night to see if I could snag a "better" room when the Platinum holds came off at midnight...kept refreshing the screen, but kept getting the 'Sorry, chart another course because no cruises are available' message. That tells me that very few Platinums placed "holds" without converting them to actual ressies....

As others have said, perhaps some will cancel/switch to other cruises when the next round of itineraries are released...wait and see, I guess!

I set my alarm for 11:55 P.M. last night to see if I could snag a "better" room when the Platinum holds came off at midnight...kept refreshing the screen, but kept getting the 'Sorry, chart another course because no cruises are available' message. That tells me that very few Platinums placed "holds" without converting them to actual ressies....

As others have said, perhaps some will cancel/switch to other cruises when the next round of itineraries are released...wait and see, I guess!
I bet much closer to the sail date rooms will open up. It'll be when people really know if they can go or not. It's hard to know what your schedule will be a year and a half away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter