Hawaii 2020

Most other cruises lines will be way less than Disney. I saw a round trip to Hawaii for Princess and the balcony was $4,000 so it was $3,000 cheaper than my current balcony and more days. But I feel like Disney delivers a better experience and is a step above the rest so I'm willing to pay more for the experience.

Agree, we sailed another line last May for transatlantic and while I liked it, food actually better, we missed Disney. So taking less vacations over the next year and a half and paying more for this one. Life is full of choices that are different for each family and we have picked the Mouse.

Good Morning fellow cruisers I’m in on the 10 night. I’m so excited to be going to Hawai’i. I’m Gold and have a 9B GTY - I gave up a 6A as it was out of my budget. I was wanting a 7A but those went like hot cakes. Still overjoyed to be going. Now I’m overwhelmed trying to figure out Hawai’i as it seems like a foreign land to me. So happy we have the Hawai’i questions thread. I have been to Vancouver and it is a lovely city so i do plan to spend a couple of days there.
I have been all over the Aulani board too. I e checked out the excursion Aulani offers and the excursions posted on Disney Cruise Line. So many great choices.
One nice thing in my world to come out of this is to finally convince dh this is why we need to be platinum! I need 3 more so will start working on that
Happy planning everyone we are going to have an awesome cruise.

FYI - I started a thread in the cruise meets board for the 10 night cruise. I don’t mean to take away from the wonderful Hawai’i threads going I just wanted one mainly for fish extender and meeting peeps on the10 night cruise. I do hope you all in the10 will pop over and say Hi

Not taking away from this thread at all, WDWEPCOT!!! Just a great addition! Thanks for doing that! I will head over there soon to check it out!

YIPEEEEE!!!! Congrats! :banana:

You guys were right, just keep trying...I pretty much gave up Wednesday when it was available for Silver and nothing showed up....The wife kept saying lets just keep trying. Finally early yesterday got a 9B on the site, put a hold on it then changed to 5C. Called in to put our initial deposit. Still feels unreal!!!

I believe the last report was all the categories are in GTY status. With an occasional actual room popping up now and then.
I've taken a casual look the past couple days, just with 2 adults listed and nothing has come up for availability...so at this point it looks to be sold out. Any GTY's that become available are being snatched up immediately.

I've taken a casual look the past couple days, just with 2 adults listed and nothing has come up for availability...so at this point it looks to be sold out. Any GTY's that become available are being snatched up immediately.
Yeah, I just did the same. "No cruises match your criteria".

You guys were right, just keep trying...I pretty much gave up Wednesday when it was available for Silver and nothing showed up....The wife kept saying lets just keep trying. Finally early yesterday got a 9B on the site, put a hold on it then changed to 5C. Called in to put our initial deposit. Still feels unreal!!!

Excellent. Glad you guys got onboard. Persistence finally paid off which is good news for anyone else hoping to join us.

MY apologies as im late to the party, are the Hawaii cruises already sold out?

There are only 2 Hawaii cruises offered, and as of right now both appear to be completely sold out. However, there is speculation that some of those who placed "holds" last week may not follow-through with deposits. At this point, I think those initial holds should be done or nearly done. I suspect some people may cancel and rooms will pop back into availability now and then. If you are really interested, I suggest you continue checking periodically, or ask a TA to do so on your behalf.

Enjoy your cruise!

I would contact your favorite travel agent to keep an eagle eye out for your favorite of the 2 cruises. They do not charge for their services and sometimes give you a nice onboard credit! I use Dreams Unlimited who sponsers this Dis Board.
I was casually checking the Disney website yesterday and found nothing as well. so I emailed my travel agent last night and she emailed me this morning saying she found a cabin for the May 8 sailing.

Our Northern Europe sailing on the Magic this summer had an 11:30PM all aboard for St. Petersburg. For dining, they only had 2 MDR's open, as open seating--Lumiere's (6-8:30PM) and Rapunzels (6:30-9PM). Cabanas was a sit down meal from 4:30-7:45PM, and then a buffet from 10-11:30PM.

Also, the Europe sailings have the main dining times as 6PM and 8:30PM...so it's possible they could do that on your sailing as well.

I'd kind of like this schedule for all sailings, I think.

You made it too easy to check the pricing for this ;)
I looked at a 12 night (yes 12) from Honolulu to Vancouver 5 May 2019 - chose similar oceanview cabin, (deck 3) it's on Radiance of the Seas, refundable deposit (Royal also has a non refundable option that is cheaper but was trying to go as closely apples to apples as I could) $2400 less than the 10 night Hawaii we booked on the Wonder, deck 2 oceanview.
Now.. we can't go next May and 12 days is actually a bit long with our DS being out of school - but will definitely look into this further in 2020. The 12 night Radiance has Maui... :)

Edited to add:
Oh no Ovation of the Seas does a 10 night Hawaii Sep 2019... we loved Anthem of the Seas (sister ship) it's perfect for cooler sea days too... will definitely be checking that one out.
Oh why did you post this
haha ;)

OMGosh, I just checked ovation, May 2019 (since 2020 isn't released yet). We can do Ovation 11 nights, 2 oceanview with balcony (family of 6) for $4881 LESS than our disney 2 9C GTY rooms on the 10 night. Ugggghhh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter