Hawaii 2020

Have any of you booked your pre cruise stay yet? I booked a night at the fairmount waterfront, and DCL they are charging $40.00 for each person for ground/port transfer. Not sure if they have to combine ground/port together, since the hotel is right next to the port from what I've been reading.

Last edited:
Managed to book a cabin with verandah today by chance. Were a couple of rooms available so grabbed one. This is for the Vancouver to Hawaii leg.

9 night Category 11A $5132 or category 09B $5564 were available just now.

As of 2:20, the 9B was gone but there was a 5B $8228 available

Last edited:

9 night: 11 A and 11B, oceanview 9c, and verandah 5B and 5C available right now. All GTY

Last edited:
9 night: 11 A and 11B, oceanview 9c, and verandah 5B and 5C available right now. All GTY
Like I said, I suspect any cabins that come open as people rebook or change dates with the new releases will just go straight GTY. It's all ones and twos.

Every time I go on the Hawaiian itinerary and it shows availability, it says sold out, as soon as I put that I have a family of 4. :confused3

It tells me to change my party size - my TA thinks DCL is holding GTY rooms as I’m looking for a better room than the one I have I keep hearing peeps say they drop the cruise but not seeing rooms open - I know a LOT of peeps are still trying to get in these two cruises. I was thinking Disney would offer some in the fall but alas they didn’t 🤨

Every time I go on the Hawaiian itinerary and it shows availability, it says sold out, as soon as I put that I have a family of 4.

There is probably not enough lifeboat space. There are more beds than lifeboat seats based on not all cabins being at 100% capacity. If there is not enough space, you cannot book for a party that would put you over the available space.

Every time I go on the Hawaiian itinerary and it shows availability, it says sold out, as soon as I put that I have a family of 4. :confused3
Since they are only allowing Guarantee bookings, they are probably not opening them up to families of 4 (or 5). There are only so many cabins that can accommodate them and that would give DCL less flexibility when they actually get around to assigning cabins. And I am assuming that they have A LOT of bookings in guarantee status to be assigning!

I've not been able to book a cabin that shows available when I enter a party of two- no children. That makes NO sense.

They are just ghost listings that heave already been booked or are in people's carts. For whatever reason, they stay on the site as if available for hours after the fact. If you are on the site as soon as the options pop up, you will be able to go all the way through to check out.

There is probably not enough lifeboat space. There are more beds than lifeboat seats based on not all cabins being at 100% capacity. If there is not enough space, you cannot book for a party that would put you over the available space.

That makes sense.

9 night and if you do party of 3 you can choose 5b or 5c category right now!

Yes, but I can't book it without naming all that will be going.

I would assume that since this small release of Hawaiian itineraries, being so popular and so quickly snatched up, DCL would be looking to add more in the coming releases, right?

That makes sense.

Yes, but I can't book it without naming all that will be going.
What you might need to do is book one room with 2 people, and then wait for another room to open for 2. Or book the room with 3 people, and then call DCL to see if you can add the fourth person to the room.

I would assume that since this small release of Hawaiian itineraries, being so popular and so quickly snatched up, DCL would be looking to add more in the coming releases, right?
Hard to say. Until they launch any of the new ships, they have a limited time period the Wonder is on the Pacific side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts