Hawaii 2020

Has anyone anyone on the 9 night considered returning on the Celebrity solstice 3 days later?

I would assume that since this small release of Hawaiian itineraries, being so popular and so quickly snatched up, DCL would be looking to add more in the coming releases, right?

GO GO!! 9 NIGHT available right now for party of 4. It's inside stateroom, gty category 10 b, deck 2!

At the moment: For the 9-night 29APR-8MAY - One inside state room available GTY, category 11B, deck 5 or 6.

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, Aulani has opened up the resort side of the hotel (not the DVC side) for bookings for May 2020. I just booked my wife's and my stay for before the 10 day HI - Vancouver cruise. For a partial ocean view, it came to about $700 a night.

9 night available for 10 b and 10 c and you can choose a party group of 4. If less than 4 people, you can try the verandah oceanview category 5b.

Booked the 10 night opening day and was waitlisted for early dining, just checked today and we've been moved to main dining! Thank goodness because the late dining hours just don't work for us.

Booked the 10 night opening day and was waitlisted for early dining, just checked today and we've been moved to main dining! Thank goodness because the late dining hours just don't work for us.

The same happened for us. But on the 9 day cruise. I think with travelling west that the early dining is going to be MUCH better for us.

For last two days there has been an inside category 11c available on the 9 night from Vancouver for up to 3 people.

The same happened for us. But on the 9 day cruise. I think with travelling west that the early dining is going to be MUCH better for us.
I totally forgot the time zone thing for dinner...we are more east too. I will have to ask my husband what we have.

Yes, we live south of Kona and find that ships choose Hilo with its large safe dock, over tendering families into Kona pier!

I've been trying to find the answer to a question and my searching has sent me to your post of 2018 -- a good year.

We have an upcoming trip to Aulani followed by a Pride of America cruise. One of our favorite parts about cruising to Alaska was wandering the port towns -- no excursion necessary. Some Hawaiian ports seem to be more "wanderable" than others, and Kona seems to be walker friendly. Would you agree? We'll plan some excursions, but would also like to just do some walking about.

Even though my husband used to live in Hawaii he's of no use. He claims that because he was only six months old when he lived there he shouldn't be expected to remember too much. :confused3

I've been trying to find the answer to a question and my searching has sent me to your post of 2018 -- a good year.

We have an upcoming trip to Aulani followed by a Pride of America cruise. One of our favorite parts about cruising to Alaska was wandering the port towns -- no excursion necessary. Some Hawaiian ports seem to be more "wanderable" than others, and Kona seems to be walker friendly. Would you agree? We'll plan some excursions, but would also like to just do some walking about.

Even though my husband used to live in Hawaii he's of no use. He claims that because he was only six months old when he lived there he shouldn't be expected to remember too much. :confused3
I would say Kona is less walkable than other places on the Big Island. It's on the leeward side to so will be drier and, if snorkeling, this is the place to start. But even though that side has great beaches, I would pick Hilo over Kona if you're all about getting out and exploring. Hilo has a better rep for being a little less touristy and less pricey.

Kona is closer to some of the forest reserves. Hilo is closer to Volcanoes Natl Park. Hilo is more relaxed. But neither location compares to several place on Maui when it comes to walking around and exploring. Kona reminds me more of Honolulu in spots (minus the beaches of course).

I would say Kona is less walkable than other places on the Big Island. It's on the leeward side to so will be drier and, if snorkeling, this is the place to start. But even though that side has great beaches, I would pick Hilo over Kona if you're all about getting out and exploring. Hilo has a better rep for being a little less touristy and less pricey.

Kona is closer to some of the forest reserves. Hilo is closer to Volcanoes Natl Park. Hilo is more relaxed. But neither location compares to several place on Maui when it comes to walking around and exploring. Kona reminds me more of Honolulu in spots (minus the beaches of course).

Very helpful, thanks. A few days ago (or a week, who knows) I read that one of the ports is visitor friendly and some are in pretty industrial areas.

My first trip to Hawaii was 40ish years ago, and I know the one thing I DO NOT want to do is the road to Hana!!! :crazy2:

Very helpful, thanks. A few days ago (or a week, who knows) I read that one of the ports is visitor friendly and some are in pretty industrial areas.

My first trip to Hawaii was 40ish years ago, and I know the one thing I DO NOT want to do is the road to Hana!!! :crazy2:
If you're at Kona AND you are really adventurous, I would suggest one thing I'm planning on doing. RENT A SLINGSHOT! To me, THAT would be the way to go on any of the islands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!