Hawaii's Best Pool Complex

Noah_t

Mouseketeer
I would like to hear everybody's opinion on what Hawaii hotel has the best pool complex. For me so far it's hands down Aulani. I am real close to picking up little Aulani contract and would like to check out the competition at some of the other Hawaiin resorts.

It has been a while since we have been to Kauai but the pool at the Grand Hyatt Kauai is outstanding. It is much more spread out and expansive than the pools at Aulani and it takes advantage of the topography by tiering down to the beach.

There is nothing quite like the Aulani lazy river in Hawaii though and we love it so much nothing tops it because of that

Oahu doesn’t really have any amazing pool complexes - Aulani is probably the best maybe followed by Turtle Beach and / or Hale Koa as they recently did their setup completely over. HHV has a number of pools and a slide however this is due to how massive their resort is - the pools are scattered amongst the towers.

Oahu doesn’t really have any amazing pool complexes - Aulani is probably the best maybe followed by Turtle Beach and / or Hale Koa as they recently did their setup completely over. HHV has a number of pools and a slide however this is due to how massive their resort is - the pools are scattered amongst the towers.
Im open to spending time on any Island.

We are big time fans of Maui. Having stayed at the Grand Wailea and Four Seasons they are both excellent. Grand Wailea with the kids and Four Seasons for a more romantic setting.

We are big time fans of Maui. Having stayed at the Grand Wailea and Four Seasons they are both excellent. Grand Wailea with the kids and Four Seasons for a more romantic setting.
I have to agree. I haven't been to a lot of resorts in Hawaii, but the Grand Wailea has a beautiful resort & pool. Aulani, to me, is just okay.

Well, different strokes and all that. I've tried the Grand Wailea a couple of times over the years and was seriously underimpressed each time. If you look up "gaudy" in the dictionary, they use the GW as a case in point. Service is so-so, food and beverage are so-so, and the pool complex is huge but boring after one day. While I love Wailea, the GW would be my second-to-last choice of the resorts (only ahead of the ridiculously pompous and overblown Andaz, which was wonderful back when it was the Renaissance).

Really, if you're going to Wailea, the Marriott is probably the unbeatable value spot. Nice physical condition, consistently excellent customer service, great pool areas for both adults (that infinity edge pool is the best on Maui, IMO) and families (with a great set of slides), the best luau on Maui, good food & beverage choices, and a great location close to beaches but also adjacent to the neat shopping mall.

All that being said, back to the topic of this thread, there is no pool complex I've seen on any of the Hawaiian islands that is as wonderful as Aulani's.

is nothing quite like the Aulani lazy river in Hawaii though and we love it so much nothing tops it because of that

I am so excited to try the lazy river. When I was there last summer it was closed for refurbishment. Our local waterslides have this crappy little lazy river that is very simple but I was so surprised by how enjoyable it is. Just floating around relaxing and being pushed through life as it were. So excited to try Aulanis when we return.

Another vote for the Hyatt on Kauai. I have stayed there as well as the Grand Wailea and the Hyatt gets my vote. The grounds are gorgeous and it just seemed more relaxing than the Grand Wailea.

Aulani has the best pool and lazy river in Hawaii and the infinity edge hot tub is great. My second choice would also be the Grand Wailea as some previous posters have mentioned. 3rd place for me would be the Westin Kaanapali Villas pool complex. We also own HGVC and am not impressed with Hilton Hawaiian Village Pools as it would rank in the middle.

We really enjoyed the pool area at the Westin Maui, which is a separate resort than the Westin Villas that PP mentions. They had a kids pool and splash zone with a slide and waterfall, a waterslide for all ages that dumped into a large main pool, a waterfall in the main pool and if you went into the cave underneath it, there was a jacuzzi inside. And the upper level from the waterfall was a nice, decent size adult only pool and jacuzzi with a bar.

Really, if you're going to Wailea, the Marriott is probably the unbeatable value spot. Nice physical condition, consistently excellent customer service, great pool areas for both adults (that infinity edge pool is the best on Maui, IMO) and families (with a great set of slides), the best luau on Maui, good food & beverage choices, and a great location close to beaches but also adjacent to the neat shopping mall.

I totally agree! I think now that the pool is a little more family friendly, I agree that the Wailea Marriott on Maui hits all the right notes for a great family vacation. Even though it is not actually beachfront, the beaches on either side are easily accessible and you can hear the waves at night from some of the oceanfront rooms.

I am so excited to try the lazy river. When I was there last summer it was closed for refurbishment. Our local waterslides have this crappy little lazy river that is very simple but I was so surprised by how enjoyable it is. Just floating around relaxing and being pushed through life as it were. So excited to try Aulanis when we return.

@Noah_t oh you will be buying that DVC once you go through the Aulani lazy river, my friend! It is the main reason we go to Aulani. You should spend a day or two over at the Marriott Beach Club down the lagoons, the pools there are pretty good too and are open later.

We really enjoyed the pool area at the Westin Maui, which is a separate resort than the Westin Villas that PP mentions. They had a kids pool and splash zone with a slide and waterfall, a waterslide for all ages that dumped into a large main pool, a waterfall in the main pool and if you went into the cave underneath it, there was a jacuzzi inside. And the upper level from the waterfall was a nice, decent size adult only pool and jacuzzi with a bar.

We ate breakfast once at that Westin and sat by that pool. It certainly looks fun. Another great pool up in that area is the one at the Hyatt Ka'annapali. My kids still talk about the secret cave in the grotto pool and they were about 8 and 10 the last time we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter