Hawthorn Suites/Sacramento?????

aprila

Earning My Ears
My best friend posted about Extended Stay in Elk Grove so I was thinking maybe I will ask the same about Hawthorn Suites on Bercut Dr. in Sacramento.
We are driving in from Portland OR and staying at Hawthorn Suites on the 17th then waking early and driving in to DLH the 18th. Has anyone heard about this place or stayed here? We too are only staying for about 13 hours or so but I just want to make sure it is safe and the hotel is clean.....after hearing some things about Sacramento now I am nervous. We only have 2 weeks though and I don't think we will be able to find anything else that would house my family of 8.
Please any replies would be great!

aprila said:
My best friend posted about Extended Stay in Elk Grove so I was thinking maybe I will ask the same about Hawthorn Suites on Bercut Dr. in Sacramento.
We are driving in from Portland OR and staying at Hawthorn Suites on the 17th then waking early and driving in to DLH the 18th. Has anyone heard about this place or stayed here? We too are only staying for about 13 hours or so but I just want to make sure it is safe and the hotel is clean.....after hearing some things about Sacramento now I am nervous. We only have 2 weeks though and I don't think we will be able to find anything else that would house my family of 8.
Please any replies would be great!

Richards Blvd. (the freeway exit you take) is an industrial area. Just FYI - there is a strip club up the street (if that's any indication of the type of area), but Bercut is right next to the freeway and there are a couple of restaurants nearby (Lyons, Hungry Hunter, Rusty Duck) so it's not a remote location. My husband says it's fine for a one-night stay, but stay in your room after dark. Are there no rooms in Elk Grove? (Besides the Extended Stay, there is also a Comfort Suites off I-5 and a Holiday Inn Express in town here).

Thank you Joy.........I'm going to call them right now because I am having no luck trying to check for availability online for the ElK Grove Hotels. We are going to have to get 2 adjoining rooms most likely if they have them. Thanks again your information was soooo helpful:)

Really, I'm sure you'd be okay with the Hawthorn for a night, but I was so glad when we got hotels here in town so we didn't have to tell friends to go stay miles away.

Wev used to live in Galt. It is only 15 minutes South of Elk Grove and it is a pretty safe town too! :cool1:

Galt doesn't have any hotels off of I-5, I think. There is Lodi, which is about 20 miles south of here and has a couple of motels off the freeway, but that is mainly just a rest stop area with the actual town being further in on Kettleman Lane.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn that is really nice and safe that is off of I5. We have stayed there as well as attended conferences there for the state.

overviewmap

Not remote at all.
Also VERY close is Montery Bay Canners Rstrnt
McDonalds (walking distance)
Lyon's (as mentioned)
Hungry Hunter (as metioned)

after hearing some things about Sacramento now I am nervous.
What have you been hearing? BTW? :bitelip:

Thank you everyone for your help:) I ended up calling and finding adjoining rooms at the Comfort Suites in Elk Grove. I feel much better now and even though it's another $120.00 more for the additional room....you can't put a price on piece of mind:) Thanks again!

That is my exit off the freeway :) My daughter's preschool is right across the street from the Comfort Suites. You'll find the AM/PM on the corner (pretty decent coffee in the morning!), and if you want a great dinner, the "Original Pete's" there in that strip mall on the corner has great pizza, pasta, and salads.

Thanks Joy:) Do you happen to know if there is a Ralphs or Albertsons near by?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter