Hay ride and campfire questions

tooraloora

Earning My Ears
Where is the hayride? Is it fun? What is it like?

Is the campfire fun for kids and parents? Who are the characters ususally (is it just Chip and Dale?). Does it run before the movies, and if so, from when to about when?

Thanks sooooo much for all your helpful info!

campfire program begins at 8 pm, movie starts 40 minutes later, its a sing along for all, kids are called to the front usually to do the hokey pokey, Chip & Dale are the only characters that attend.

During the winter is the campfire at 7?? Will we be able do to this and the late hay ride?

Yes - during the winter the program starts at 7:00, and the movie's at 7:40. You might have to leave the movie a little early to give yourself time to walk down to the hayride (10-15 minute walk).

A couple of more questions if you don't mind! We'll be going Sept 8-15 (2 kids 6 & 3)....will the campfire be starting at 7 or 8 during that time? Does everyone just sit on the ground, or is there seating? How early do they post the movie schedule? This sounds like so much fun and a great thing to do since the parks will be closing early during that time. Thanks, Jo

This is a picture before theater rehab, it now has a wheelchair path, the schedule is written a month at a time. Not sure exactly when the program changes time, possibly when daylight savings time ends

Campfire_Theater.jpg

In May the "hay ride" left at 7:00 and 9:30. FYI the water pagent comes by at 9:45. The "hay ride" has no hay. Just a wagon pulled by two beautiful horses. It is a 45 minute ride. Cost was $8 for adults and $4 for kids. You can charge it to your key card. I didn't think it was a good value. You went into the forest a small ways then through 2 camp loops. I think my kids would have liked renting the small speed boats better which are $22 per 1/2 hour.

Enjoy your trip,
Gatorcamper

We raise Percheron horses and regularly have hay rides. The joy of a hay ride is slowing down and looking at the scenery, listening to the sound of horses hoofs, talking with your neighbor sitting next to you. For Disney prices it sounds to me like the hay ride is a real bargain.

Renee

We did the hay ride June 8th. The 9:30 one. It was one of the best values I found at Disney. Our driver Chris, took us to the waterfront where we waited for and watched the fireworks over MK and the music was piped in for us to listen to as well.

We saw the Electric Water Parade as well. Had I known that I would be able to get on the hay ride (it's first come, first serve) I wouldn't have paid for the FITS fireworks criuse! We couldn't hear the music on that and it cost $120 plus tax and tip!!!

We also saw an alligator in the water!!

Is the movie a regular Disney-type movie? What I mean is ,does it run for 2 hours or so:rolleyes: or is it usually something shorter? When do they cook/roast the smores? Is that before or after the movie? Staying at the CR with grandchildren in Oct. and thought this might be a fun thing to do.

They will light the fires earlier than the movie. The fires will be lit for a while (half hour maybe) and then the sing-along will begin. While singing, Chip and Dale will come out and come to visit each area. Sometimes they both visit all, but if it is crowded you will only see one of them. Then the singing will wrap up, and the movie will begin with a cartoon short first. It is a very open thing--people coming and going staying for parts of the program. They dim the lights for the movie, but you can still see well enough to leave or head for the comfort station. A lot of people will watch for a while and then head to the beach for the Electrical Water Pagent and (if they are at 10:00) the fireworks.

Now that is my idea of a wonderful evening!

If you're coming from another resort to enjoy the campfire program, where should you park? Is it easy to figure out which FW bus will take you to the right place?

parking is located at the front of the resort, you can catch a bus to the campfire area from the parking lot

or you could take the boat from the MK or the Cont. if you're already in that area.

I thought the hayride was great! and a great value! DH & I did the 9:30 this past January and we were the only ones onboard. It was so nice to snuggle and watch the elec water pageant.

Cheryl

Does anyone remember what they used to call "Marshmallow Marsh" (or something like that) at Fort Wilderness? It was sort of the precursor to the Hay Ride. Do they still have it? You met at Meadow Trading Post and got into long kayak-type boats and paddled down the canal. A cast member was up front with a flashlight, directing the rowers. Somehow you wound up on the beach of Bay Lake, way down the end away from the action. There was a campfire pit set up and one of the cm's would play guitar and sing campfire tunes and you'd roast marshmallows. Then the electric water pageant would go by.

This was FUN. I remember giggling a lot as we all tried to row together while the CM mocked us, and I remember A LOT of mosquito bites. Perhaps we can start a campaign to bring this back! It's one of my family's fondest Disney vacation memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter