HDDR for 4 and 6 year old?

bariww

Mouseketeer
I will have a young 4 and almost 6 year old at the end of Jan when we go for their 1st trip and I'm curious about everyone's experiences with that age and HDDR. Did they have fun? Stay entertained? To keep us all sane for our 6 day trip, I want to make our 1st park day (at MK) an early night so I have us booked for the cat 1 4:00 HDDR show and then we'll head to BRV for bed. That being said, I want to end the day on a good note with happy kids who are having fun (as opposed to bored, whiny kids) so I'd love to hear your thoughts and alternatives to HDDR if you don't think it's appropriate. Thanks!

It's a very fun (and funny) show for young kids.

We have attended the Hoop well over a dozen of times.
We've been with little kids in our family
and have also observed many, many kids
at other tables over the years... all having a BLAST with the goofy jokes, rousing songs and energetic dancing.

A first-rate family show (and family and kid-friendly food, too!)

Last edited:
I took my DS when he was 3 1/2 and he really didn't enjoy it. He didn't get the jokes, didn't like the food and it was just too much for him. He did enjoy going to the playground and the stables afterward though. Flash forward 6 years (he's 10 now) and on our last trip, when he was 9 1/2, I tried again and he LOVED it. So much so we are going back again in December. I think your 6 year old will probably think it's fun. I'm not sure about your 4 year old. If you are unsure and don't want to spend the money, you may want to consider going to WCC at WL instead. It's a lot of fun and you don't have the same cost and time commitment as HDDR. Or go to Trail's End so you can experience the Ft. without doing HDDR. You could even add a wagon ride into the mix to have more entertainment that evening instead of doing the show.

My friend’s 4yr old triplets loved it. My daughter was around 6 when she first saw and fell in love with it.

We did HDDR last year when DD was 6 and she loved it. She was clapping along with every song and really enjoyed getting to play the washboard when that was passed out.

My three year old twins loved it last year. They still talk about making music with the washboard!

We've taken DS 3 times - once at age 2.5, once at age 3.5, and once at almost age 4.5. He loved it all 3 times and as he's gotten older, he's gotten more and more into it. When he was 2.5, he was just enthralled. At 3.5-4.5 he was able to clap along with the music and loved the washboards and the interactive elements, even though he didn't understand all the jokes. He was actually disappointed when we tried Trails End this last trip (he's now 5) instead of HDDR. Our DS isn't a terribly adventurous eater but he loves chicken and corn and cornbread so that's been enough for him.

I will have a young 4 and almost 6 year old at the end of Jan when we go for their 1st trip and I'm curious about everyone's experiences with that age and HDDR. Did they have fun? Stay entertained? To keep us all sane for our 6 day trip, I want to make our 1st park day (at MK) an early night so I have us booked for the cat 1 4:00 HDDR show and then we'll head to BRV for bed. That being said, I want to end the day on a good note with happy kids who are having fun (as opposed to bored, whiny kids) so I'd love to hear your thoughts and alternatives to HDDR if you don't think it's appropriate. Thanks!
having been a number of times with grandkids from 4 months to teens. all loved the music and action. if your kids are going to enjoy depends on if they like the food and they are used to watching shows. one thing to remember with kids yours ages the bathroom is outside of the Hall HDDR is in. in places of the show it could be hard getting out quickly. one last thing to remember after the show the big boat is going to bring back to main gate of MK. are you going to have unhappy kids seeing MK but not going back in? if you have a double stroller you will have to fold on small resort boat.

When my daughter was 5 on our 1st trip we went there and she loved it. I remember it because my daughter wore a very dressy dress (she has to dress for meals) and they let her open the place and took a picture which still sits on my desk at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter