HEA dessert party 10/26

Disneylovingmomof2

DIS Veteran
Curious if anyone has been to a dessert party recently and what was your experience. I have been to about six now and obviously keep booking them because I find value in them. This past Saturday, I was beyond shocked to walk into the garden area and not even be able to walk through the crowd because it was so packed. We’ve always been able to sit and even spread out at them, so this was a total 180 from past experiences. Honestly there was no benefit to being in that area, it was just as crowded in the rest of the spaces around the castle.
Is this the norm now? We also went to the Halloween dessert party earlier in the week and it was normal crowds, but that was also a party night so maybe not a good comparison. The last HEA party I attended was in Feb so maybe they have altered their max capacity since then?
If this is normal now I no longer see a value in it.

the benefit is not to be in a open space with room to move its that you have a great spot to view the fireworks that your able to just walk upto at fireworks time.

I was there on July 4th and it was fine. We were lying on the grass before fireworks. Kids were running around and playing. No issues. We’ve done this party 4 or 5 times and it has never been “packed.”

I am thinking to book the After Fireworks Party for June. is it better? I mean, I get that the space is the same space, but I am thinking having the dessert afterwards helps with the crowding getting out of the park?

We also did the party on the 26th. I also found it to be packed compared to last year when we went during thanksgiving weekend.

Also found they kinda changed up the menu again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!