Heading back to Princess Josie's Castle-An AKV May 22-29 PTR-TR Started 6/3!

leamom2princesses

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! This is my second PTR so hopefully this will be a little smoother than the last one. :goodvibes This year (2009) we visited the World May 16-23. That week there was record level rain. We were rained on EVERY day of that trip. :scared1:

So why are we going back the week before Memorial Day again in 2010? Well, we figure it was just a fluke and we absolutely love going in May, after school is out, but before the crowds get HUGE and the weather unbearably hot.

The title of my trip report isn't the catchiest (is that a word :confused3) but I get asked every single day "Momma when are we going back to my cas-o (castle)?". So I decided to go with something about that until I come up with something more intriguing.

I hope you will plan along with us! Don't be shy to post. :goodvibes Should be a lot of fun!

So with that said..

Let's get this party started!!! :woohoo:

LINKS TO MY PTR:
The details

So on with the details....

The Cast:

So far the cast for this trip will be Me, DH, DD9 and DD6. We live in the great state of Kentucky. I'm originally from Michigan so my accent is REALLY messed up... :lmao:

We know we will be travelling at the same time as our DIS buddies Mary (MaryAZ) and Becky (ladybugmom) and their families. We're trying to talk some friends from KY to come along with us too. Hopefully we will know pretty soon if they are going to make it or not.

WHO: More on us:

IMG_0336.jpg

Me - Leanne - 35 year old Disney obsessed Mom of two princesses and wife to a caring, loving country boy (Joe). We've been married almost 10.5 years. I'm an engineer but my day job is to manage a team of technicians, engineers, and programmers. It's not my dream job but I'm pretty good at it and it pays for our Disney trips so who's complainin' right? I've been to WDW 7 times. My hobbies are volleyball, cake decorating, and researching/planning our vacation. I do some consulting on the side and I'm a Girl Scout Troop Leader so I stay very busy. I wouldn't have it any other way!

IMG_3990.jpg

DH-Joe-38 year old learning-to-love Disney, Dad. Joe had never been to Disney until a family trip we took with my family in 1999. Since that trip he has visited WDW four other times. He is a great Dad and a wonderful husband. Grumpy is the perfect character to describe him. Tough on the outside but a real sweetie on the inside.

IMG_0345.jpg

DD9 - Lindsey-9 year old Diva. Loves the Jonas Brothers, Zac Efron, and all things Disney. She is transforming from a princess to a tween. It's sad but exciting. I could definitely do without the sassiness but that's all part of it and I know I wasn't an angel :angel: when I was at this age. :rotfl: Lindsey has been to WDW 5 times.

DD4- Josie - 4 year old Tinker fairy and princess. Josie is a more fun to take on trips each time we go. Where Lindsey is losing her sense of amazement Josie is just starting to pick it up and put it all together. She is a "corker" as they say here in the south. She's very small but as they say dynamite comes in small packages. Josie has been to WDW 4 times. Her first trip was at 8 months. It was a lot easier to keep up with her then. :rolleyes1

WHEN: May 22-29, 2010

WHERE: The Poly!!!! Our first trip there and we cannot wait! This is a dream resort for us. Luckily I just got a pin for 40% off today so things just got better! :thumbsup2

STOP THE PRESSES....We joined DVC in March 2010 and we are now booked at AKV-Kidani! We are super excited for our first DVC vacation!!
HOW: As much as I don't want to, we will probably fly. :sad1: Not a fan but Joe refuses to go any other way now that he has discovered we can be there in less than 2 hours.

So there you have it folks....we're officially on our way! :banana::banana::banana:

Yaaaay!!!! A trip in the works, and to the Poly no less, that's awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!

FIRST PAGE BABY!!
Let's get this party started!party:
Congrats on the 40% code-can you send it to me and I'll pretend I'm you :rolleyes1
Look at ur cute self on the plane!
Cute, cute family=though Joe looks a little "intense" in his pic. Probably picturing all those people at Disney we like to run over :rotfl2:

Whoo hoo!!! Another first pager!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

I'm looking forward to being there the same time as you and Mary and her family AND staying at the SAME resort!! YAY!!! And yes, praying for fabulous weather!! We certainly deserve it after what we went through this last trip! :goodvibes Looking forward to planning along with you!!

Yaaaay!!!! A trip in the works, and to the Poly no less, that's awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!
Hi Christie! So glad you could make it over!! I'm super excited about the Poly too. Definitely a dream resort for us. I was checking out your trip report earlier today and I gotta say that it looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Wish we lived closer. :)

FIRST PAGE BABY!!
Let's get this party started!party:
Congrats on the 40% code-can you send it to me and I'll pretend I'm you :rolleyes1
Look at ur cute self on the plane!
Cute, cute family=though Joe looks a little "intense" in his pic. Probably picturing all those people at Disney we like to run over :rotfl2:
Hi Mary aka DIS BFF. Joe really wasn't intense...he just hardly ever smiles in photos so he always looks like he needs to go number 2. :laughing: (Rain+Stupidity)*25,000 people = direct hit with the stroller right??? :rotfl2:

Whoo hoo!!! Another first pager!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

I'm looking forward to being there the same time as you and Mary and her family AND staying at the SAME resort!! YAY!!! And yes, praying for fabulous weather!! We certainly deserve it after what we went through this last trip! :goodvibes Looking forward to planning along with you!!
Hi Becky! Great to see you made it over. We are definitely planning on doing Ohana again. It will be great to go from our room to the restaurant without a bunch of bus hopping. It will be nice to grab the monorail at our resort too. There are so many great things about staying at the Poly. :love:

Hey! Leanne,
I'm here!!!:woohoo: let the magic begin!!! pixiedust:

looking forward to the planning...

:wave2:
Connie
Hi Connie!!! So glad you came over. :woohoo: What great DIS friends I have. :lovestruc

Hi guys, haven't posted about this but wanted to share. My Mom and Dad ran away to get married in 1971. My Dad was in Vietnam and my Grandpa (My Mom's Dad) didn't like my Dad at all. On one of my Dad's leaves he and my Mom ran away from Columbus, Ohio to Monroe, MI to be married. Next July will be their 40th Wedding Anniversary. My Mom has always felt like she missed out because she never got a wedding. Around their 30th anniversary my Mom started dreaming of a Disney Wedding but unfortunately about 7 months before their anniversary my little sister passed away unexpectedly. That put the wedding idea in the toilet for them. I've been reading some reports and became really interested in the Escape collection vow renewal package. Thought maybe between my parents, my brother, Joe and I that we could do a vow renewal package at Disney for their anniversary in 2011.

After a lot of research I decided to call my brother this morning and run the idea past him. Much to my shock, he said he'd like to pay half and would like to split it down the middle with me! :love2: We're going to give them the package for Christmas and make it a total surprise. I'm calling Disney this afternoon to see what we can work out. I'm so excited to be able to do this for them. They really deserve it!

I'm in, I'm in :cool1::thumbsup2.

I think it is so wonderful what you and your brother are doing for your parents :thumbsup2. That is the most awesome gift and I am sure they will love it.

Yeah, another PTR!! :cheer2: I'm really going to miss Disney when May rolls around next year. :sad1: We've been going in May for the last 7 years, but I guess I can wait until next Oct. I want the baby to be able to enjoy things and to be able to sit up on her own!! Congrats on the Poly, you guys will LOVE it! :lovestruc It is a beautiful resort and even more beautiful with a 40% off PIN!! How fun to be traveling with Mary and Becky again! :dance3: Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

I can't wait to hear about your parents reactions to their wedding gift! :bride: What a fantastic present you and your brother are giving them and I guess that means you'll just have to plan another trip for 2011!! Oh darn!

That is an awesome present for your parents...they should be thrilled!! Especially with your brother paying half!! :) I can't wait to hear what else you have planned. I love living so close, cause I can go whenever. We will have our annual passes for disney back next year, I just don't like universal as much!

Ah, what a great gift. And yay for brother paying half! Can't wait to hear all the details!!:lovestruc

:cloud9:Leanne, that is awesome!! Your parents will be so excited!!
what a wonderful gift from you and your brother!!:love:
I hope they get as excited as James and I. Can't wait to give it to them at Christmas.:cool1:

I'm in, I'm in :cool1::thumbsup2.

I think it is so wonderful what you and your brother are doing for your parents :thumbsup2. That is the most awesome gift and I am sure they will love it.
Hi Dana!!! :flower3: So glad you made it over. :goodvibes I'll let you all know how they react when they find out.

Yeah, another PTR!! :cheer2: I'm really going to miss Disney when May rolls around next year. :sad1: We've been going in May for the last 7 years, but I guess I can wait until next Oct. I want the baby to be able to enjoy things and to be able to sit up on her own!! Congrats on the Poly, you guys will LOVE it! :lovestruc It is a beautiful resort and even more beautiful with a 40% off PIN!! How fun to be traveling with Mary and Becky again! :dance3: Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

I can't wait to hear about your parents reactions to their wedding gift! :bride: What a fantastic present you and your brother are giving them and I guess that means you'll just have to plan another trip for 2011!! Oh darn!
Hi Wendy! :wave2: Thanks for stopping by. We've been missing you. :goodvibes I can't wait to stay at the Poly. Your report and Becky's report have me super excited to stay there. Sorry you won't be making it in May but you will have a beautiful new baby and I think you're right; waiting until they can sit up securely in the stroller is probably best. We took Josie on her first trip at 8 months and it was great.

As for the gift, they will have to twist my arm but I guess I will go in 2011 too. :lmao:

That is an awesome present for your parents...they should be thrilled!! Especially with your brother paying half!! :) I can't wait to hear what else you have planned. I love living so close, cause I can go whenever. We will have our annual passes for disney back next year, I just don't like universal as much!
James and I are splitting the expenses down the middle so they should only have to show up and look pretty:laughing:. I"m sure they will throw a fit about the money but I also think it will show them how much we love and respect them. Yay on the annual passes if I lived within 6-8 hours I'd be all over some AP's.

Ah, what a great gift. And yay for brother paying half! Can't wait to hear all the details!!:lovestruc
It is going to be awesome. I can't wait. You guys are going to have to help me come up with something really creative and cool for the presentation at Christmas.

What an amazing and lovely gift for your parents. :goodvibes
Thanks Lessa! :)

What an amazing gift for your parents! You and your brother are so thoughtful to do something like that for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter