Heading to HHI next week - Any tips?

mstec

Not all treasure is silver and gold...mate.
We are staying at HHI next week for 3 days for the first time. Is there any specific room location I should be asking for? We're a family of 5, with oldest being 14 and youngest 10. Since we're only there a few days, are there any activities not to be missed? Never been to the Hilton Head area, so any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

My Family and I are currently in Hilton Head. This is our first time here also.

If you like to bike, I would look into renting bikes, the island is very bike friendly. Disney rents bikes, $16/day or $30/length of stay.

You can fish and crab right in the property. Poles and crab nets are available for rent.

Not sure if you like seafood, but two restaurants that we have found are very good. They do not look like much from the outside, but they have good food at reasonable prices. The Sea Shack and Roastfish and Cornbread.

Make sure you say hello to Shadow.

Enjoy your stay!!!!

Greetings, we are staying at HH next week, too and haven't a clue where the best place would be to stay. From my understanding it's big but not that big. I just do't know if I'd rather stay close to the pool or close to the shuttle or what?
HA, sorry I have no tips for you but we'll be in the same boat.

It's not that big a place to really worry too much bout location. In fact, I would say it's very small compared to the other DVC resorts.

Mosquitoes have been kind of back the last few weeks around here. Bug spray may be a good thing to bring.

Greetings, we are staying at HH next week, too and haven't a clue where the best place would be to stay. From my understanding it's big but not that big.

Are you looking for a 2 BR, or will it be a 1 BR or studio? 1 BRs and studios are in the same places, mostly in the Main Lodge. "best place to stay" really depends on what you like-nearness to the pool, type of view, etc.

We were there last year just for 4 nights....of course beach....Beach House is great pool, pong pong table, billiard table, nice lounge room, QS food, bar, and small arcade. We drove...easy and quick ...right across main road about a mile....you can bike there..

...definitely rent bikes, my boys enjoy ping pong by pool and at Beach House....by a crab cage and bait at resort and crab from pier....

Kayaking...beautiful waterways around resort....

We went to Sea Pines, which is the largest Plantation area on the island....it is kind a private community with public areas....it takes up most of the southern part of the Island. You have to pay a $5 toll to get in, but well worth it....there is the Harbourtown section, which has Lighthouse, shopping, restaurants and marina where you can go fishing or on whale watching tours etc.....very nice
And then the furthest south is South Beach which features the Salty Dog complex....restaurants, bar, shops and marina. Sea pines is beautiful....million dollar homes on ocean front....it is really a beautiful area.
We went to Salty Dog for lunch.

This was my first trip to Hilton Head Island....I now want to retire there....very upscale environment...no cheese...on HHI....enjoy:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter