• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Heads up - extremely extended closing time due to DVC admin backlog

Based on my experience, there is an internal department that member service can call. They seem to have the power to fix most things. I canceled my aulani reservation on the phone, the member service agent called that internal department while I was on hold, and around 10 minutes later everything was restored to as if the reservation had not been made - all points restored to the correct use year, borrowed points returned, etc.

I'd give member service number a call. I had tried email and it was hit and miss. If you get an agent who wasn't helpful, I'd just hang up and call again.
Great advice I’m going to call, with the current rules that we cant borrow more than 50% I need those points :-)

I don't understand why this is taking so long. Aren't we paying for these services with our dues?
This is a good question. Are transfer/closing administrative costs paid exclusively by closing fees, or is every member continually paying for this in association dues? I'll have to research.

Yep! We started the process mid-April and just got our points yesterday. I feel as if we would probably still be waiting if it weren't for me politely checking in via email too.

I don't understand why this is taking so long. Aren't we paying for these services with our dues?

Think it's all the special exceptions out there right now taking up way more resources.

Unbanking, special points for reservations that were cancelled, changes on primary name as people move rentals.

Think it just all adds up to way more time taken on these little things.

This is a good question. Are transfer/closing administrative costs paid exclusively by closing fees, or is every member continually paying for this in association dues? I'll have to research.
THIS is the question I want answered. I keep getting responses that the employees who handle this are furloughed. But I don’t understand why they are furloughed.

It depends on what funds their salaries. If it is member dues, then those are still being collected and there is no need to cut costs at the expense of servicing accounts.

Ah good point. I forgot about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter