Heads Up - May Park Hours Updated!

So for October the hours might be updated the second Friday of September?

From what I read here on the DIS, history has shown park hours released the second Friday of the month prior. So yes, if you're looking for updated October hours, look that second Friday of September ::yes::

Reactions: eva
So for October the hours might be updated the second Friday of September?

The reality is hours can be updated at any time.

There is a general pattern of them doing a bigger hours update the second or third Friday of the month prior for the month in question. It is mostly the second Friday but there have been times where it’s the third Friday, depending on how the calendar falls.

Always a bit of a guessing game and there can always be exceptions.

Hope that helps.

The reality is hours can be updated at any time.

There is a general pattern of them doing a bigger hours update the second or third Friday of the month prior for the month in question. It is mostly the second Friday but there have been times where it’s the third Friday, depending on how the calendar falls.

Always a bit of a guessing game and there can always be exceptions.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for popping in with this!

Extended hours usually means anticipation of larger crowds. Isn’t early May usually quieter than usual?

Looking at last years hours, it seems odd that hours in May got extended much more than June last year. I would have thought longer hours when kids out of school.

Extended hours usually means anticipation of larger crowds. Isn’t early May usually quieter than usual?

Well, just looking at the first full week of May, only MK’s hours were extended this year. Last year MK’s park hours were until 10:00, Monday-Thursday, during the 1st full week of May. After the updated hours, the park now has the same hours during that week for this year. But AK’s hours have been scaled back considerably for the 1st full week of May this year. Last year it closed at 10:00 on those days, this year it closes at 8:30.

The updated hours are similar to what the hours were for early May last year. Last year had really nice crowds - lower then we have experienced previously. I've also been looking at FP availability after the 30 day mark which looks pretty good (and people were surprised at how much availability there was at 60 days). I am not too worried about May being significantly more busy than previous years but you never know.

Keep in mind that there are cheer competitions the first two weekends of May. We are required to book through the event, and completely fill the All Stars, Coronado Springs, and overflow into Pop. However, we cannot get our tickets until check-in. That means, thousands of on-site guests cannot book FP until Thurs. Get everything you want for FP finalized by Wed, and don't be surprised when the rides that usually have late availability disappear by Friday. Refresh should still be successful, but availability will follow some strange patterns.

I'm excited for the longer hours. I had (correctly) assumed thy would be extended. 8:00am - 11:00pm is not too shabby.

FYI, I see 7DMT FPs for around 8:00 am and evening times (after 8:00 pm) on the days they extended MK hours.
I can also see FoP in the evening hours on the days AK were extended/

I'm excited for the longer hours. I had (correctly) assumed thy would be extended. 8:00am - 11:00pm is not too shabby.

FYI, I see 7DMT FPs for around 8:00 am and evening times (after 8:00 pm) on the days they extended MK hours.
I can also see FoP in the evening hours on the days AK were extended/

I got an alert that they had changed my SDMT time due to time changes. Was able to go back in and move it even later in the evening. Selections are spotty so I’m sure they haven’t released them all yet.

I got an alert that they had changed my SDMT time due to time changes. Was able to go back in and move it even later in the evening. Selections are spotty so I’m sure they haven’t released them all yet.
I guess it depends on how much were the hours extended. I am seeing 3 different am times and 3 different pm times for 7DMT and they are within the extended hours (e.g., prior to 9:00 am), so they have been released

I guess it depends on how much were the hours extended. I am seeing 3 different am times and 3 different pm times for 7DMT and they are within the extended hours (e.g., prior to 9:00 am), so they have been released

I’m looking mostly at May 2, in the evening. There’s currently no availability for SDMT and very few others showing later ride times- that includes the less popular rides, which leads me to believe they either haven’t or aren’t going to release more times. They started adding times several hours ago, I noticed it just after noon.

I pretty much got things moved where I wanted them, but there just isn’t a lot of added times on that date.

I was banking on the hours being extended for the 18th and was pleasantly surprised it was even an hour later than I thought! Very happy about this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter