Heads Up - May Park Hours Updated!

Well, just looking at the first full week of May, only MK’s hours were extended this year. Last year MK’s park hours were until 10:00, Monday-Thursday, during the 1st full week of May. After the updated hours, the park now has the same hours during that week for this year. But AK’s hours have been scaled back considerably for the 1st full week of May this year. Last year it closed at 10:00 on those days, this year it closes at 8:30.
Is there a place to see the historical hours or did you just know this from a previous trip?

That's what I was thinking Dallas! Lets go June!!:thumbsup2

We should see June extended hours in May. I just looked on the DIBB to see what Mine Train looked like for May...and ALL those Wednesdays that it was redded out....are now available again! That's what I need for June 5th! It's in red now showing no more FPs available. I'm just trying to get Mine Train at the 12:00 area. I'll even make it a 9am FP and and just hit PP and Pooh before it. I'll keep an eye on our time and then do Enchanted Tales and IASW. I'll catch Mine Train right at 10am.

What’s the earliest PPO you can book? I have an 8:05 but worried if they expand park hours to open at 8 we won’t get in before the park opens. We like to take pictures on Main Street without the crowd. We will be there 6/12 Wed and 6/15 Sat

What’s the earliest PPO you can book? I have an 8:05 but worried if they expand park hours to open at 8 we won’t get in before the park opens. We like to take pictures on Main Street without the crowd. We will be there 6/12 Wed and 6/15 Sat
even if hours do not change Main Street will open to everyone at 8 which has been true for awhile. with a 9 opening Main Street opens at 8 including shops. if opening changes to 8 ressies most likely will stay at 8

even if hours do not change Main Street will open to everyone at 8 which has been true for awhile. with a 9 opening Main Street opens at 8 including shops. if opening changes to 8 ressies most likely will stay at 8
Thank you, it’s been 4 years since our last trip and I wasn’t aware they open Main Street an hour before to everyone. Is the rope line at the hub?

Thank you, it’s been 4 years since our last trip and I wasn’t aware they open Main Street an hour before to everyone. Is the rope line at the hub?
from your post I kind of thought you didn't know. yes rope drop is at the hub. if your Ressie would be at Crystal Palace you could come out behind the line for rope drop with an 8 am Ressie and a 9 park opening

FYI, lines/groups tend to form around each of the hub “spokes” that lead to different lands. The largest group gathers before the spoke/bridge that goes from the Hub to Tea Cups as that’s the most directly route to 7DMT. The next largest group is generally the Liberty Square bridge.

It’s actually a great setup as the hub is so big and it’s pretty easy to move around/position yourself where you want to be. I miss the old train show out front, but this is SO much better than the human mass of people that used to congregate there. Frankly it’s often downright pleasant.

Opening show is at 8:55am on the castle stage on a 9am opening morning.

Have fun!

Do they have reservations earlier than 8? Last time people were waiting outside the gates and we had Main Street and the hub all to ourselves.

Lots of hours up now, I almost hate that my plans are already pretty much the way I want them. lol But good news for those who've been hunting for SDMT especially.

Do they have reservations earlier than 8? Last time people were waiting outside the gates and we had Main Street and the hub all to ourselves.

They don't. The new opening procedure has made it MUCH more difficult to get empty Main Street pics. Usually those with tours/ADRs are let in at 7:45, and everyone else shortly after. Your best chance is to be at the front of the pack (so get there like 7 or shortly after) then book it straight on down toward the castle once you're let in. If you get closer to the castle, you'll be able to get some pics with no people in them. But not for long.

They don't. The new opening procedure has made it MUCH more difficult to get empty Main Street pics. Usually those with tours/ADRs are let in at 7:45, and everyone else shortly after. Your best chance is to be at the front of the pack (so get there like 7 or shortly after) then book it straight on down toward the castle once you're let in. If you get closer to the castle, you'll be able to get some pics with no people in them. But not for long.
Thank you, I had no idea they changed the opening procedure. If they open earlier then I’m cancelling the reservation. There’s nothing like getting past the gates before anyone else and having Main Street to yourself. We have the most incredible pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter