Healthy Living around the World Showcase ~ June 2016 WISH Challenge!

Thanks for hosting @Flossbolna! You did a great job and I enjoyed this month's topic and questions a lot.

I was able to meet my goal for today, so my final check in is 20/30 days or 67%. I know it seems low, but I'm OK with it. My daily activity level increased quite a bit despite to lower percentage of meeting my goal.

See everyone in July!

Hey all..... just popping in to say good-bye to June! @Flossbolna, June's challenge was wonderful!! I loved the photos and how you linked the QOTD to each country.... World Showcase is a special delight of mine, so I was happy to talk about it!

Sorry I haven't been around as much as I would like, but real life is totally kicking my a**..... I'm SO looking forward to a 3 day weekend (plus I'm only working my WW job on Tuesday, so really like 3.5 day weekend for me!).

I'm feeling anxious about holding onto my 100% for this month, but I know that other than a few treats the day of DS's party, I've been right on track with my eating and of course, keeping active..... fingers crossed!!

I've been up since 3:50 am, so I need to crash! Thankfully I gave myself Friday's off of my 24/7 chat job for the summer (and I don't work weekends), so I don't need to rise any earlier than 6:00 am.

Splurged on Subway tonight (both a financial splurge and a carb splurge), but it was quick and delicious... so no complaints! Plus I ran some errands while I was out (actually, the errands were why I went.... but Subway was a bribe to get DS to come along and keep me company!), so productive, but long day.

I'll report in tomorrow with my final progress report for June and then I'll be ready to dive into our July challenge!.............P

Checking in for the end of June. I did gain some weight back. I am still down for the month though. Not a lot. Only .6 of a pound. But it is still down. I am at 20% for the month.

Final report for June..... I managed to hang on to my 100% goal for the month (actually a 115%)! I am beyond delighted! I had a tiny rebound up from last week's low, but I'm not surprised, as I know I've been working and sweating, but not hydrating enough. Plus I had the party last weekend and a bit of beer and dessert definitely happened. But I am still a solid POUND under my maintenance goal!! And just 4 pounds away from "my happy place" (scale happy place that is....not actually happy place... that is DISNEY!). And several of my WW members mentioned during our meeting this week that I am looking........THIN!! Now these people see me every week and my actual weight in the three years I've been a leader there has never been out of the same 10 pound range (130-140), so I can't look THAT different.... but WOW! I was delighted to receive the compliment! Nothing like a compliment to put a smile on your face!

Anyhow...... I'm anxious to get to the July challenge and get chatting.....it looks like it is going to be a great month!!

THANKS again to @Flossbolna for hosting June!!! It was SO appreciated!!............P

Hi everyone! We got back from our vacation yesterday afternoon and I've caught up on everyone's posts on and off all day today. It's been a long time since I've posted, but I do have some reflections to share after the first vacation I've taken while on my new lifestyle journey.

First of all, I found this group when I decided to change my eating habits back on February 16 of this year. During the 4 months between then and the time we left on vacation on June 16th, I lost exactly 30 pounds. The odd thing to me was that even though 30 pounds is a significant amount of weight to lose, I honestly didn't feel that different. All my clothes still basically fit ok. They were definitely getting baggy, but still wearable. I didn't feel a lot different as far as energy levels go, no one had really noticed the weight loss (not that I necessarily want others to comment on it, just another observation of how I feel the 30 pounds hadn't made a significant difference in my appearance). I told myself, and I truly believe this, most of the reason is that I'm your typical "apple shape" rounder in the middle and that is where I think I have lost most of my weight. Therefore it is basically showing up in my tops fitting better.

All that said, I had some non-scale victories on our trip that I'll share. First of all, we went to Hawaii from the midwest, so we had a long flights. There was a noticeable difference in the way the airplane seat belts fit. I've never had a belt not fit, but I actually had to tighten it this time. Also, this is the first flight I remember in a long time that I could actually put the tray down without it hitting my stomach. It even fit when the person in front of me reclined their seat back!

I weighed in this morning after being gone for 2 weeks and I gained 6 pounds from my weigh in the morning before we left. I was actually afraid it would be more because although I watched what I ate to a certain extent, I definitely could have done better. Especially during the cruise portion of our trip. I'm hoping that some of the gain is just water weight like @mamattorney . We'll see where it shakes out in a few days I suppose.

I tried a few things that I wouldn't have attempted before losing at least a little weight. We hiked Diamond Head while we were staying at Waikiki Beach. I didn't go all the way to the top while the rest of my group did, but I went farther than I would have before.

Overall, the trip made me happy I'd lost the 30 pounds that I had so far, even though I'm back to 24 pounds lost again, but I'll get back there soon!

Thanks for another great month and for all the great motivation that everyone gives! Off to check out July's thread now. Hope to be more active on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter